Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

VidGamesPete

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Libretros latest source code compiles and runs really smooth. I tried the version posted here and I love the option to load roms from the internal/USB. The version here was hanging up for me. Especially downloading and unpacking the assets took a very long time compared to Libretros latest source code. I really like the work being done its amazing. If I had more experience with coding I would help out.

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will if you switch from Dev mode back to Retail mode and forget to uncheck the setting to delete everything. But it will NOT when switching from Retail to Dev.
save data is in the cloud so they wont get deleted because of dev mode

you could get a new console and still have your saves as long as you have your xbl account still

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Isn't there a way to stop that nag? I don't understand why Microsoft made that by default?
not that we are aware of

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i forgot to let yall know i made a discord for my peeps

https://discord.gg/4FqqfRx

Reactions: jammybudga777

nr89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
do other controllers work, like snes usb controller?

As far as I know, they don't. Testet with a NES usb clone controller off ebay. That did not work.

Keyboard input (at least in the menus) is supported, so I'm kind of stumped as to a simple usb HID controller doesn't work. Maybe key mapping is off?

To sum it up, doesn't work out of the box with the current build (as of 31. jan.)

Cannon007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, they don't. Testet with a NES usb clone controller off ebay. That did not work.

Keyboard input (at least in the menus) is supported, so I'm kind of stumped as to a simple usb HID controller doesn't work. Maybe key mapping is off?

To sum it up, doesn't work out of the box with the current build (as of 31. jan.)

It might be because of the limitations of developer mode and the Xbox itself. Xbox supports keyboard and mouse support and would include it in dev mode for devs to check the implementation. More than likely Microsoft blocked other inputs because they wouldn’t be supported in retail.

rockman27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be because of the limitations of developer mode and the Xbox itself. Xbox supports keyboard and mouse support and would include it in dev mode for devs to check the implementation. More than likely Microsoft blocked other inputs because they wouldn’t be supported in retail.
Yeah It seems like Dev mode doesn't support Xbox one arcade stick as well which is a big let down for me,I'm able to control it in the menu but once I launch retroarch on Xbox one it doesn't work

Last edited by rockman27,

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah It seems like Dev mode doesn't support Xbox one arcade stick as well which is a big let down for me,I'm able to control it in the menu but once I launch retroarch on Xbox one it doesn't work
its probable retroarch that needs to make it compatable. was hopeing someone would be able to get hid usb devices working on it (ps4 controller :P)

Cannon007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work in other programs running in dev mode?

Cannon007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven’t tried any of the builds yet so haven’t tried anything yet but read online how other ports had problems with remotes not working and looked over some of the steps people took to resolve the issues. I also read there’s going to be a new version of retroarch coming out this week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always feel like the total should be higher... Like I feel like I forgot to buy something