• Thread starter Deleted-19228
  • Start date
  • Views 50,829
  • Replies 182
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted-19228

OP
With people getting their Sky3DS+'s there will probably be a flood of new posts. Please keep them here for everyone's reference.

A couple things to note from things that have changed since @Foxi4 review. The cards SHOULD be shipping with v10 already preloaded. As of now v10 firmware.bin is still unavailable on Sky3DS's webpage. Would be nice if he uploaded his bin in the off chance someone receives an older firmware one. I copied a game to mine and the "gamelist.bin" and plugged it into my n3DS on 10.3 and let it create the "settings.txt" file. My settings.txt file did not have the CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=X line at all. When you get yours remember to modify it. This makes it easier to edit stuff instead of editing it directly in the rom. An override instead of editing the .3ds directly. Making it easier for people.

My settings.txt currently looks like

FIRMWARE_VERSION=100
CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1
HIGH_SPEED_ENABLED=0
ACTIVITY_LED_COLOR=000000
EEPROM_LED_COLOR=FF0000
SD_LED_COLOR=0000FF

After saving and reinserting into my n3DS and waiting about 10 seconds I ejected it and put it back into the PC and the cfg file for the rom I put in there was generated. Interesting to note was the GAMESAVE_KEY had nothing in it even though the unique ID for the game was all 0xFF. It must just ignore it completely if it's all 0xFF. The FLASH_ID did have a value in it though. Not sure where it got the value from. Must have been the gamelist.bin is my guess. Not sure how to convert it to plaintext ti read but it seems the gamelist.bin uses an AVL_TREE pattern: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVL_tree based on the header so it should be easy for someone to make something so we can browse the file.

Side note: eShop is experiencing issues at this moment December, 28th, 6:30 PM PST, it's not you.

8trius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got mine today. New to the flash cart scene, and I have some moderate technological skills, successfully softmodding my Wii.

It’s really working great so far, but I had a question regarding private headers that I’m a bit confused about. Much of the material available online is written without the latest sky3ds+ in mind.

I have a 2DS that came with a download code for Mario Kart 7. I also have a Majora’s Mask cart. The system is updated to Ver. 10.3.0-28U. What options does a person like me have for extracting a private header to put into the .cfg files for online play to avoid getting banned?

Last edited by 8trius,
D

Deleted-19228

OP
You can only extract private headers from original cartridges or if someone has a game they can dump a header from and donate to you that they haven't given anyone else. There's a method to dump private headers from cartridges using a PowerSaves device.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/

Not sure if there's any method to dump private headers using any kind of Ninjhax or anything (pretty sure there isn't)

8trius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, @Neptune. It sounds like a person like me should probably stay away from online play for the time being, but I’ll keep an eye out. Because Smash Bros.

Oh, and if this helps for reliability issues, I picked up a PNY 16GB class 4 micro SD with adapter from Wal-Mart for about $11. (I know I could get cheaper online, I just really wanted to play today). It loaded perfectly from my MacBook Air’s SD card slot, and I didn’t even format the card. It was already Fat32.

MatigeV

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone got the private headers working with the new Sky3DS+? I've added it to the GAMESAVE_KEY without spaces, deleted the SAV file (to reset) but I still get error 002-0123.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
I added my private header but didn't get to test it yet. Will try later.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got mine yesterday, seems to work well so far. I only ran into a couple of small issues when I added several new ROMS on it at once, it would no longer cycle through all the games. Put the SD card in my PC, it had made a .sav of the game but it was 0kb, removed the new games except one (Mario Party 10) and it worked again no issues. I also deleted the 0kb sav files.

Another note, I had originally trimmed all my roms, but I did the super-trim option. Those did not work FYI, but the untrimmed roms worked a treat, if anyone is getting an error like "The game cart could not be read" when trying to launch. That's how I fixed it.

both of these issues I ran into could just be the ROM dumps I have/had, I've tested it personally with about 10 games and all work great.

Question for all you sky3ds owners, I've read arguments for both sides of this, but what speed/class micro SD cards gives the FASTEST results in changing games and such? I heard, get the fastest class 10 UHS etc. Other's say the 3DS is best suited for class 4 since it has better random read/write speeds? I would just like to make switching games with this card as fast as it can be! any info is appreciated!
I currently have a sandisk 32gb class10 UHS1 formatted with sd formatter 4.0. Would a different cluster size be faster etc? Thanks in advance!

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't super trim but trimming is ok, because you remove update data partition when you super trim -> You are altering the rom. (that is not the case with trimming because you only remove blank data.

Reactions: Skater4599

Metalshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will be also looking for how to get private headers loaded as well because most of my play is online especially with FF explorers right around the corner.

Got mine yesterday, seems to work well so far. I only ran into a couple of small issues when I added several new ROMS on it at once, it would no longer cycle through all the games. Put the SD card in my PC, it had made a .sav of the game but it was 0kb, removed the new games except one (Mario Party 10) and it worked again no issues. I also deleted the 0kb sav files.

Another note, I had originally trimmed all my roms, but I did the super-trim option. Those did not work FYI, but the untrimmed roms worked a treat, if anyone is getting an error like "The game cart could not be read" when trying to launch. That's how I fixed it.

both of these issues I ran into could just be the ROM dumps I have/had, I've tested it personally with about 10 games and all work great.

Question for all you sky3ds owners, I've read arguments for both sides of this, but what speed/class micro SD cards gives the FASTEST results in changing games and such? I heard, get the fastest class 10 UHS etc. Other's say the 3DS is best suited for class 4 since it has better random read/write speeds? I would just like to make switching games with this card as fast as it can be! any info is appreciated!
I currently have a sandisk 32gb class10 UHS1 formatted with sd formatter 4.0. Would a different cluster size be faster etc? Thanks in advance!

In response to this I have the same question. Im using the same card and I want to make sure im in the same boat.

8trius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I picked up a Class 4 from PNY. It takes about 5 seconds to switch from press to load. Interested in the experience of others.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Yours won’t ship until the second batch arrives.

Team Sky shipped us the packaging and usb cables.

The Sky cards will be shipped out to us any day now

And we will receive them next week.

As soon as we do your order will ship same day"

Dude I was one of the first preorders, why do I gotta wait? This is one slippery release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1