• Thread starter Deleted-19228
  • Start date
  • Views 50,741
  • Replies 182
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted-19228

OP
This specifically is a Class 4 Sandisk 32GB. I have other cards this was just the easiest to grab. :D

Emjei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I've been trying to get my Sky3ds+ to work and it seems the problem is that it does not support 64GB cards.
I tried a SanDisk Ultra 64GB, no go. Tried a SanDisk Ultra Plus 64GB, no go. Tried a regular 32GB SanDisk, it worked.
What's up with that? I used to use the SanDisk Ultra 64 on the previous Sky3ds with no problem....

Last edited by Emjei,

Penny Morecash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got my nice new Plus card and can say after a quick play that it does work with 64GB and 128GB cards, you do of course have to format it FAT32 instead of NTFS or ExFAT.

Also I found that you can quickly press the orange button and skip as many games as you like without having to wait!!
No more waiting 5 seconds between games, just remember the order of the games.
This works in both directions.

Hope that helps..

Reactions: Emjei

Emjei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Penny Morecash, thanks for the info! I just tried a different app to format it to fat32 and now the Sandisk Ultra 64gb works!
I used: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm if anyone is wondering.

Ok so after that, it keeps cycling to the same game... why? I added a few different ones and whenever I press the orange button it's the same game over and over...

Last edited by Emjei,

chin261

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hey Penny Morecash, thanks for the info! I just tried a different app to format it to fat32 and now the Sandisk Ultra 64gb works!
I used: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm if anyone is wondering.

Ok so after that, it keeps cycling to the same game... why? I added a few different ones and whenever I press the orange button it's the same game over and over...

Try reformat to cluster size 64kb instead :)

Ygolonac

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't get my card to work at all. I formatted to fat 32 and put gameslist.bin and roms into the SD card. But my settings.txt was empty. I copy pasted the setting from the OP but still when I put it in my 3ds Nothing comes up at all. I'm on firmware 9.8. You aren't supposed to use diskwriter right?

bboyjestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone shed some light on the cfg file?

CART_ID=C2FA0298
ENC_TYPE=01000000
ENC_SEED=0F2678B8238D13ED3F7981DB578F35CD
FLASH_ID=C2221300
GAMESAVE_KEY=D6C8A0807493AB3948049E7737C499B4

If i read correctly, the gamesave key acts as the unique ID when it comes to online gameplay? If so, is it as simple as plugging in a private header onto the cfg file or will i have to import the bin file onto the rom as well to change the unique ID on the cart?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another question, i followed the steps from the sky3ds site to export my save files from my old sky3ds, but when i transfer it to the sky3ds+, it doesn't recognize it, am i missing something?

Last edited by bboyjestr,
D

Deleted-19228

OP
I haven't personally tested save export/import with the new diskwriter but yes, you should be able to just change the GAMESAVE_KEY ID to the unique ID you want and go online. That was the purpose of it anyway.

j3yps

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone found a way to import old blue button save files? Using the new diskwriter didn't do it for me
Make sure you choose the backup SAV2 option (right click on a game you want to get the save file from), and also your NEWLY extracted .sav file should have the exact same name as your rom. if the rom is "Sky.3DS" your .sav file should be "Sky.sav"

I haven't personally tested save export/import with the new diskwriter but yes, you should be able to just change the GAMESAVE_KEY ID to the unique ID you want and go online. That was the purpose of it anyway.

Have you tried going online with the private header already?

FehnrirX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Since i haven't found yet, i want to ask, is Sky3ds+ support modified roms, such as translated, undub roms?

nisemono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you choose the backup SAV2 option (right click on a game you want to get the save file from), and also your NEWLY extracted .sav file should have the exact same name as your rom. if the rom is "Sky.3DS" your .sav file should be "Sky.sav"

Nope this does not work.

Joeli53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just to double-check: if you have a Sky3DS+ flashcart, you don't need to do anything to your 3DS itself (homebrew, CFW, etc.)? You just need to update the firmware of the card and gamelist, right? It behaves just like a retail cartridge?

j3yps

Trophies
XP
Country
So, just to double-check: if you have a Sky3DS+ flashcart, you don't need to do anything to your 3DS itself (homebrew, CFW, etc.)? You just need to update the firmware of the card and gamelist, right? It behaves just like a retail cartridge?

Yes, it emulates an original 3ds cartridge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up