Gaming Official Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Discussion Thread

muckers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Apr 22 2007, 02:04 PM]1.) Where's Professor Oak? Did he die in a Snorlax Avalanche or something? Also, who's this new guy? He looks like a child predator, I swears...

Oak hasn't been around since the Gold and Silver days. He's tied to Johto/Kanto and since we're in a new region now, he's kinda been shunned....shame that, cos he couldn't been included somehow. =/

QUOTE([M)artin,Apr 22 2007, 02:04 PM]
2.) I haven't even left my house yet, but what's this whole Red Gyration ordeal? I remember seeing him in the original (or one of the games), couldn't you just catch him? Now he's trying to eat other Pokemon or somethings, WTF?

Yeah, Red Gyrados was in Gold/Silver/Crystal (a shiny Pokemon) as part of the whole 'Team Rocket manipulating Pokemon' storyline. And yeh, he was pretty easily catchable.

In Diamond/Pearl it's just part of a TV show that the character is watching. It's no part of the actual story.
smile.gif

Don't know the answer to your third question, sorry!
frown.gif

Hopefully someone else has the answer and can fill you in.
smile.gif

EDIT: Saw your 4th question. Yes, they sure are.
smile.gif

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
which is the best pokemon to choose at the start from the three in the briefcase?

and which pokemons shall i capture first?

regards

yus786

it's up to you, i went for the water type pokemon as grass is weak against a lot of stuff, and i wasn't too keen on the monkey lol
I think most people will choose piplup since the other 2 are ugly. The final evolution of piplup is worse though.

cheers for the replies

ive always liked fire pokemons so i was thinking of choosing chimchar, is he the best?

im totally new to pokemon and the last time i played one i chose charmander first i think :S

cheers

regards

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Apr 22 2007, 02:11 PM)]Edited in a fourth question. As for those covergirls, are they attainable via Slot-2 link-age?

I don't know about your fourth question, but all of the Pokemans are available through slot 2.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question...

Can you devolve (or stop the evolution) of a Pokemon and still allow it to level up without going to the next stage? You know like in that episode when Pikachu wanted to evolve into Raichu and Ash said "Holddd it, bitch..."

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
which is the best pokemon to choose at the start from the three in the briefcase?

and which pokemons shall i capture first?

regards

yus786

it's up to you, i went for the water type pokemon as grass is weak against a lot of stuff, and i wasn't too keen on the monkey lol

I think most people will choose piplup since the other 2 are ugly. The final evolution of piplup is worse though.

cheers for the replies

ive always liked fire pokemons so i was thinking of choosing chimchar, is he the best?

im totally new to pokemon and the last time i played one i chose charmander first i think :S

cheers

regards

and another question, which pokemons are good to catch at the start??

regards

Magus19

Trophies
Website
rotdteam.sourceforge.net
XP
Country
Canada
When you stop an evolution, will it try again the next level or will you lose your chance?
Also, is you catch a shinny, when it evolves will it remain a shinny in it's evolution? And is there a place to remove HM moves like in silver I think? Of course I'm using a psyduck slave for my rock smash but removing it later if I want to level it without catching another one would be good.

I feel like a total noob now, I played Blue so much I knew everything but Silver I only beat the game, I skipped the gba games and now I am exited for this game, I started on my flash cart but I will buy the game and transfer the save next week when I go to work.

BTW, when you have a Supercard MiniSD save file can you transfer it to a real card without any changes? Thanks

muckers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When you stop an evolution, will it try again the next level or will you lose your chance?

No, it tries each time it gains a level. If you really don't want it to evolve, and its getting annoying there's an item called Everstone. I don't know where it is in Daimond/Pearl but if you makea Pokemon hold it, it stops it evolving automatically.

If you then want the Pokemon to evolve, you remove the stone and make it gain a level.

Also, is you catch a shinny, when it evolves will it remain a shinny in it's evolution?

Yes it will.
smile.gif

QUOTE(Magus19 @ Apr 22 2007, 05:58 PM)
And is there a place to remove HM moves like in silver I think? Of course I'm using a psyduck slave for my rock smash but removing it later if I want to level it without catching another one would be good.

I'd imagine so, they've always been in the games since it was introduced. I just use slave Pokemon anyway. I've got one of those beaver-type things as my Rock Smash slave.
smile.gif

Hope that helps ya!

Magus19

Trophies
Website
rotdteam.sourceforge.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well some moves you can get like at level 15 witht the newb pokemon and then you evolve it and it takes level 17 to get the same move, so it's good to wait, unless there is a drawback to the stats of the pokemon and that is what I would like to know.

EDIT: Offtopic, I once read that there is an app to re organize the file list in the supercard and I can't find it... so if any of you know can you please tell me. thanks!!!

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only thing I don't like is that I play at night and it's always dark. I figured the day night cycle would be short like a full cycle in 10 mins or something. The only Pokemon I played was sapphire and that didn't have day night cycles so I was oblivious coming into D/P. Not really a big deal, but I'd like to see sun without changing my ds system clock.

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
cool thread! picked up some good tips so far.

couple of nooby questions .......

whats a shiney/shinny pokemon?

and "slave pokemon for rock smashes" - are they just in your team but never used in battle? - doesn't that take up a valuable place in the crew? im guessing you dont teach the smash move to a valued member so they can keep a handy attack in their armory?

Intruder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Apr 22 2007, 05:04 PM]Just started up the game, and I have a few questions. I'm still a PokeNub, haven't played a PKMN game since the original Red Version. Hopefully some of you that follow the storylines closely can fill me in.

1.) Where's Professor Oak? Did he die in a Snorlax Avalanche or something? Also, who's this new guy? He looks like a child predator, I swears...

2.) I haven't even left my house yet, but what's this whole Red Gyration ordeal? I remember seeing him in the original (or one of the games), couldn't you just catch him? Now he's trying to eat other Pokemon or somethings, WTF?

3.) Are all the star Pokemon (covergirls) from the other game available in this one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work