Homebrew Odd request: Post a message on teamcyclops forum for me?

Bip22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd been having a problem as reference in this thread : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128...p;#entry1693478 that I just got figured out.

In my hunt for a solution, I just recently noticed a guy on the teamcyclops forum (user: m.o.r.) who appears to be having the exact same problem, as referenced in this thread: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthrea...+flash+3+in+1+5

The teamcyclops forum currently has registration disabled, which means that I can't log in and let him know how to fix it.

So I was wondering if someone who is a registered user on the teamcyclops forum would mind logging in, going to this thread: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthrea...+flash+3+in+1+5 and directing the user to this thread for the solution: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128...p;#entry1693478 as that's where I posted my original problem (which matches his) and the solution I figured out (that got it working in my case anyway, and that I believe will in his).

I'd do it myself, but I can't register there as I said. I know now how frustrating this problem is, and how unintuitive the solution.

Plus the poor bastard's been told that his 3 in 1 might be bad, and it'd suck if he replaced it only to have the same problem, as I seriously doubt his unit is defective (mine wasn't).

Thanks a lot, and sorry if my post was confusing.

Bip22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, e-mail isn't listed in his profile.

Seriously, is it really necessary to reply to this thread in order to tell me to "chill out"?

I mean, if you don't feel like doing it, that's fine.

But I personally spent days trying to get this fixed, as I imagine this person has, and it totally drove me nuts. Just trying to help a guy out, that's all.

~Tiny~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sure, I'll do it.

EDIT: I posted it in the thread. Also, I hope you don't mind, but I stated that any questions should be directed to you here, on GBATemp.

Bip22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, thanks a lot for posting on teamcyclops for me.

Unfortunately, it sounds like my solution did not solve his problem, which I thought it would.

And I've since discovered that while my solution did solve the problem I was having (running snezzids), it created another.

My fix enabled the "boot from slot 2" option in the cyclods settings menu, which I needed in order to use snezzids.

However, now GBA roms will not show up in the cyclods file menu.

Anyhow, I appreciate you taking the time to post it over on teamcyclops.

~Tiny~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was nothing, but sorry about your new problem.
frown.gif

Just post a help thread.
smile.gif

m.o.r.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bip22, finally found your original odd request to post on TC here, lol!
biggrin.gif

just in case you didn't see my reply on your other thread with your ez 3in1 problem, i really appreciate you trying to help on my problem with my ez V 3in1. you were absolutely right when you assumed i spent days trying to get this fixed and just like your case, it absolutely drove me nuts!!! your pseudo-post through Tiny on TC lead me to your thread which, in turn, eventually brought me to this thread, and finally this which explained it all. thus, making everything perfectly clear to my scenario which, if i'm not mistaken, your card is suffering the same problems as well.

so again thanks for doing what you did to snap my head back to absolute reality! my card wasn't defective after all and i wasn't going insane. your help really made a difference!
yaynds.gif

Bip22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really glad to hear that myself and Tiny were able to be of some help.

It was a little disappointing to realize that my "solution" was not the solution. I was just so excited that I finally got snezzids working that I didn't bother to check out other functionality.

But then at some point I realized that GBA games were no longer showing up in the CycloDS GUI, and that what I did solved one problem while creating others.

And yeah, I ordered my EZ Flash in late December, and it says "3in1pls" in the GBAExploader menu, so it's indeed one of the new batch.

But if my/Tiny's efforts helped to ease your frustration and prevent you from wasting money on a new 3 in 1, then I'm very glad I was able to help.

So, here's hoping they release a new firmware to address our problem soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: