Homebrew Odd N3DS Issue

Lucar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, my friend was on a trip, brought his N3DS with him.

He used it once for about 30 seconds, and then he got "The SD card was Removed." Error while he was in one of his games.

He didn't think much of it until he got home, opened up the back, and saw a bunch of sticky stuff around the mSD slot and the mSD was, indeed, popped out. His cartridge reader was also sticky. He cleaned both with a Q-Tip that was dampened with rubbing alcohol. Let it dry out, and then his card reader wasn't working properly. Carts would just slide in, and then have to be yanked out.

Now his cartridge reader won't read any game. Any ideas on what could have happened?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
So, my friend was on a trip, brought his N3DS with him.

He used it once for about 30 seconds, and then he got "The SD card was Removed." Error while he was in one of his games.

He didn't think much of it until he got home, opened up the back, and saw a bunch of sticky stuff around the mSD slot and the mSD was, indeed, popped out. His cartridge reader was also sticky. He cleaned both with a Q-Tip that was dampened with rubbing alcohol. Let it dry out, and then his card reader wasn't working properly. Carts would just slide in, and then have to be yanked out.

Now his cartridge reader won't read any game. Any ideas on what could have happened?

Whatever the substance could of been has essentially eroded and messed up the slot/pins? I'd send it to Nintendo for an inspection - repair :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s