Odd N3DS Issue

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Lucar, May 7, 2016.

1. Lucar
    OP

Lucar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2015
    Canada
    So, my friend was on a trip, brought his N3DS with him.

He used it once for about 30 seconds, and then he got "The SD card was Removed." Error while he was in one of his games.

He didn't think much of it until he got home, opened up the back, and saw a bunch of sticky stuff around the mSD slot and the mSD was, indeed, popped out. His cartridge reader was also sticky. He cleaned both with a Q-Tip that was dampened with rubbing alcohol. Let it dry out, and then his card reader wasn't working properly. Carts would just slide in, and then have to be yanked out.

Now his cartridge reader won't read any game. Any ideas on what could have happened?

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Whatever the substance could of been has essentially eroded and messed up the slot/pins? I'd send it to Nintendo for an inspection - repair :)

3. VinsCool

VinsCool Scrambled Mind

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Sounds like someone dropped some liquid on it before they used it.

Ricken likes this.
  4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    It's always a friend or family member on this site why can't people just be honest and say guys I screwed up and broke my 3ds.

5. dragonjud

dragonjud Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2009
    United States
    Either that, or most people here need to start looking for smarter friends.:rolleyes:

Lucar and Quantumcat like this.