Hacking O2DS Refuses To Boot

YeehawCowboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem cropped up a few days ago.
I was attempting to restore an old boot.firm.bak from February (when I installed the latest Luma available at the time)
This is because my ds just wouldn't boot after it told me it needed to re-format my SD card as it was corrupted.
Now, I just get a black screen and the power LED comes on, and the only way I can boot is in safe mode, which erves no purpose as I can't connect, but that may be due to bad weather. I'm retrying a safe mode update to fix my files, but... I'm kinda bad with this stuff.

If the safe mode update doesn't work (and there is a new firmware available to use), would it be possible to forcefully (and without hardmodding, flashcarts, etc.) ((so software/cfw ONLY)) re-install Luma and GM9 to, what I'm guessing, un-brick my device?
Flashcarts are off the table because I have no idea where to get one
Hardmodding: I'm just stupid and don't wanna do that stuff.

Reactions: NoNAND
D

Deleted User

I was attempting to restore an old boot.firm.bak from February (when I installed the latest Luma available at the time)
This is because my ds just wouldn't boot after it told me it needed to re-format my SD card as it was corrupted.
Now, I just get a black screen and the power LED comes on, and the only way I can boot is in safe mode, which erves no purpose as I can't connect, but that may be due to bad weather. I'm retrying a safe mode update to fix my files, but... I'm kinda bad with this stuff.

If the safe mode update doesn't work (and there is a new firmware available to use), would it be possible to forcefully (and without hardmodding, flashcarts, etc.) ((so software/cfw ONLY)) re-install Luma and GM9 to, what I'm guessing, un-brick my device?
So I want to understand the state of your device. So you have a older version of luma installed correct? Like installed into firm0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Assuming that's what you did, put godmode9 into luma/payloads in the sd card and hold start. And install a newer version of luma, as older versions of luma pre 9.0 don't work on the latest version of the 3ds. If this is not what you did, and you removed luma cfw, and are using stock firmware... Then there is no fix that I'm aware of that could fix it.
Edit:I would also check that sd card with h2testw see if it's a fake.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: NoNAND
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Jumping ahead of yourself with the flashcarts and hardmod.

YeehawCowboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dug out my old ARDS and i'm gonna try the NTRBOOT method. If I shouldn't then... Idk, I guess I'll find out when my ds bursts into retard-flames!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1