‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
new-zealand-flag.gif

QUOTE said:
New Zealand has decided not to sit around while incumbent DSL operators milk the withered dugs of their cash cow until it keels over from old age. Instead, the Kiwis have established a government-owned corporation to invest NZ$1.5 billion for open-access fiber to the home. By 2020, 75 percent of residents should have, at a bare minimum, 100Mbps down/50 Mbps up with a choice of providers. Crown Fibre Holdings Limited is the company, and it's wholly owned by the government — for now — and the company's mission couldn't be any clearer. Two of its six guiding principles include 'focusing on building new infrastructure, and not unduly preserving the "legacy assets" of the past' and 'avoiding "lining the pockets" of existing broadband network providers.'

lucky bastards
ohnoes.png

Source: Slashdot

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont have that! Me jealous! That would be cool if most cities/countries followed that. I say cities because some cities like San Francisco (I believe?) are doing this.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah i know merc when i go out to Australia during the summer every year the speeds arent very good at all but they weren't much better in the US when i was living there. i've just gotten spoiled since i moved here.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea well IF we can believe Rudd Australia will get it aswell, and now that NZ is doing it Rudd must be thinking "Bloody kiwis! We'll show em!" And fiber up the whole of rural Aus!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes