Hardware Nyko Reveals Wireless Wii Nunchuck

TGBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nyko Reveals Wireless Wii Nunchuck

Nyko's Wireless Nunchuck will employ 2.4-GHz wireless to communicate with a receiver module that jacks into the Wiimote's usual Nunchuck port. Power buttons on both the receiver and Wireless Nunchuck will turn the connection on and off.

In terms of gameplay, the Wireless Nunchuck should function just like the first-party option, as Nyko looks to be remaining true to Nintendo's general layout and button locations. Pricing and final release information will be announced at CES.

IGN Link Pics

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I hope they know that if its 2.4ghz it will not sell.
Many ppl have home phones and routers that are already 2.4ghz and this will interfere.
Lets hope they sort something out b4 they release it.

Cheers Shane

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe the wiimotes are 2.4 ghz too. I once tried out a wireless tv sender that was also 2.4 ghz. When i use it for the wii to play on another tv, the pictures goes all crazy, but its fine if you unplug the batteries to disable the remote. So basically i dont think it will matter, unless it interferes with the wiimote. But if it works out, it would be cool. The damn nunchuck cord gets in my way in many games.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I hope they know that if its 2.4ghz it will not sell.
Many ppl have home phones and routers that are already 2.4ghz and this will interfere.
The Bluetooth standard is 2.4 GHz, all Bluetooth devices communicate in the 2.4 GHz range, and there are collision prevention protocols so that several Bluetooth devices can communicate without interference.

This is very cool. I'd be happy with a Nunchuck extension chord, though. The wire is okay, it's just too short
nyanya.gif

I'm still waiting for cheap third party controllers.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't say anything about the battery.
I'm sick of managing batteries between 7 controlers; 4 wii, 2 ps2, 1 gc, and then I'm getting a 360 soon.
I have the rechargeable packs for 2 of the wiimotes at least.

We'll probably see another separately-sold charging stand for the nunchucks.

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the pics. You think they would have a wii strap on the nunchuck, but they don't. It'll be fun until someone's friend id wii-boxing and launches it into the TV. I like the tether.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...