Nyko Battery Pak + Modding

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Stash23, May 4, 2012.

May 4, 2012

Nyko Battery Pak + Modding by Stash23 at 5:53 PM (473 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Stash23
    OP

Member Stash23 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So recently I purchase the Nyko Battery Pak + to increase play-time of my 3DS. Of course it does its job and play time is extended much longer however I'm having concerns of it bulk. I've actually thought about opening the device up to possibly do some tweaks to the housing. (Even though my skills are low, lol.) Although, I'm unsure of lies ahead. I'm wondering if the battery, physically, is the same size as the stock battery, or if the battery of the Nyko pak is composed of the entire pak. Also what is the mAh of the Nyko?

2. jrk190

Member jrk190 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Okay, just a quick tip- Make sure the battery is 100% Drained. Seriously. Batteries can do some horrible damage. I opened an alkaline battery that I thought was dead so I could make a hidden flash-drive DIY. It wasn't pretty, I burned my hands a bit, and the shock about knocked me out. Use gloves that are burn-proof, preferably non-meltable. No plastic, either. Just make sure you take your precautions.