Homebrew WIP nxmtp: access your SD Card over USB without rebooting

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using exFAT before, and to be honest, I never had a problem, but after reading about a lot of users having issues with corruption using homebrew, I decided to not take any chances and converted to FAT32. Yes, you got to split the big files (XCI or NSP) but since they're well supported by SX OS, why not? Just takes a little more time. And with this great app we're talking about here, it's super easy and fast to transfer to your microSD without ever having to turn off the Switch and remove it (then you'd have to reboot your CFW). Call me lazy, but I'm calling it convenience and efficiency. This app should have made front-page news. It's that good! :D It should convince people who are on the fence, trying to decide if FAT32 would be better.

You don't need to split anything even with Fat32. Since you have SX OS you have multiple ways of playing or installing games without splitting the files. The easiest way is just use an exFat external usb hard drive (there's no corruption using Exfat on your external hard drive, just your sd card) and you can put the nsp or xci directly on it or play the xci directly from the hard drive, and you can install the nsp to your sd card directly from the hard drive, or you could keep the nsp on your computer and use aluminumfoil usb install with your cord that you need to send payloads. Just absolutely no reason to split files anymore.

Last edited by ,

icefox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i load the pro it just says (nxmtp) press x to terminate , any idea Why

Thanks
at this interface plug it into a pc and you can access the files. On a Mac, install android file transfer, plug Switch in, run the app, and at this interface android file transfer will pop up and allow you to access the files.

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i use a mac so do i install android file transfer then?
an thanks for getting back

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

at this interface plug it into a pc and you can access the files. On a Mac, install android file transfer, plug Switch in, run the app, and at this interface android file transfer will pop up and allow you to access the files.
thanks mate, works a treat now, very helpful :)

icefox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to split anything even with Fat32. Since you have SX OS you have multiple ways of playing or installing games without splitting the files. The easiest way is just use an exFat external usb hard drive (there's no corruption using Exfat on your external hard drive, just your sd card) and you can put the nsp or xci directly on it or play the xci directly from the hard drive, and you can install the nsp to your sd card directly from the hard drive, or you could keep the nsp on your computer and use aluminumfoil usb install with your cord that you need to send payloads. Just absolutely no reason to split files anymore.
bingo. install from usb drive and usb access from computer just totally changed the game.

Reactions: Mothafuckka

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Really stoked on this app. Unsure how this fell under the radar for me. Really looking forward to using MTP + goldleaf or other apps to do nsp usb installs from PC-ext-hd without sx os (and no python stuff).

Reactions: linuxares

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
This homebrew is simply awesome! Been using so far and it works great.
The only issue I faced so far is limitation to access SD card on my Android phone. It seems to be detected as a camera device.

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work for me :/ Switch isn't detected at all by pc (even on dev mgr). Windows 7 x64,switch on 5.1 on latest Kosmos. Cable is good (sendind payload and usb install via Goldleaf works).
Software is made for the many, not the few. Use a supported operating system, not a dead outdated one. Problem solved.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FWIW, someone on discord said Atmosphere 0.8.3's new usb30_force_enabled feature in system_settings.ini could cause problems with this app. If so you can change it from "usb30_force_enabled = u8!0x1" to "usb30_force_enabled = u8!0x0" and reboot.

Reactions: Zumoly

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
FWIW, someone on discord said Atmosphere 0.8.3's new usb30_force_enabled feature in system_settings.ini could cause problems with this app. If so you can change it from "usb30_force_enabled = u8!0x1" to "usb30_force_enabled = u8!0x0" and reboot.

Dunno if it's related but leaving Tinfoil in USB installation state and letting the console go to sleep causes crash (everytime)
Edit: Turns out it's not the usb30_force_enabled feature. I just disabled it and it's still doing it.

Last edited by Zumoly,

Mothafuckka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was using exFAT before, and to be honest, I never had a problem, but after reading about a lot of users having issues with corruption using homebrew, I decided to not take any chances and converted to FAT32. Yes, you got to split the big files (XCI or NSP) but since they're well supported by SX OS, why not? Just takes a little more time. And with this great app we're talking about here, it's super easy and fast to transfer to your microSD without ever having to turn off the Switch and remove it (then you'd have to reboot your CFW). Call me lazy, but I'm calling it convenience and efficiency. This app should have made front-page news. It's that good! :D It should convince people who are on the fence, trying to decide if FAT32 would be better.

I'm using fat32 just because I had a corruption files issue.
But you're living in the past, there many ways to install NSP from USB, without split the files...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, i think wire chargers are more practical
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but im too stupid to know
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wired is better for faster charge but if you just leave it all night while you sleep it's good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most wireless pads can only max 15w while average bricks are 65w
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i heard it isnt good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz it overcharges
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: cuz it overcharges