Homebrew WIP nxmtp: access your SD Card over USB without rebooting

icefox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this awesome little app. it scratches some serious itches that have lingered for so long.

It's not entirely consistent though. I'm on 6.2+sxos+Mac. From time to time I get the "please restart or reconnect" error. Once the applet even won't start (flashes black and quit). When these things happen I found out shuffling between running hbmenu in app mode (R+any game) or applet mode (album icon), and running the app before or after connecting the cable generally solve the problem. I thought reporting it here may help with debugging.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fantastic little app! I think the speed is faster than if I plugged the microSD directly in the computer (at least on my system). I couldn't get it to work on Linux, it's just detected as a camera and doesn't let me do anything. On Windows (7), it works flawlessly. Thank you for developing this for the community. :grog:

Legendre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This homebrew it's amazing! Thanks for that.

But we have a limit size of transfer? Can i transfer files bigger of 4GB? Im using exFAT.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This homebrew it's amazing! Thanks for that.

But we have a limit size of transfer? Can i transfer files bigger of 4GB? Im using exFAT.
I would try joining the files after you're done transfering. Something like this, in a command line:

copy /b game.xc0 + game.xc1 + game.xc2 game.xci

Not 100% sure if it would work, and I can't test myself since I'm using fat32, but worth a shot. (maybe I'll try tomorrow with smaller files just for the heck of it. Not right now, as I'm hitting the bed. Stay tuned.)

Edit:
Tested and it works, but you first have to assign a drive letter to the Switch. An easy way to do it is to use this program. For me, the latest version 3.1 didn't work (on Windows 7 64-bit), but the legacy version 2.10 works very well. Trial version, but it does the job for what you need to do.

Once you've assigned a drive letter, open it normally in Windows explorer, and open a command prompt there (Shift + Right-click > Open command window here). Then join the files as I described.

To split the big ass file in the first place, you can use hjsplit, or xci-cutter (for xci files). I know it's a drag to use all these steps, but it's still a viable solution if you want to transfer bigger than 4GB files.

Last edited by Dust2dust,
Reactions: codyjo

ImSoHandsome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would try joining the files after you're done transfering. Something like this, in a command line:

copy /b game.xc0 + game.xc1 + game.xc2 game.xci

Not 100% sure if it would work, and I can't test myself since I'm using fat32, but worth a shot. (maybe I'll try tomorrow with smaller files just for the heck of it. Not right now, as I'm hitting the bed. Stay tuned.)

Edit:
Tested and it works, but you first have to assign a drive letter to the Switch. An easy way to do it is to use this program. For me, the latest version 3.1 didn't work (on Windows 7 64-bit), but the legacy version 2.10 works very well. Trial version, but it does the job for what you need to do.

Once you've assigned a drive letter, open it normally in Windows explorer, and open a command prompt there (Shift + Right-click > Open command window here). Then join the files as I described.

To split the big ass file in the first place, you can use hjsplit, or xci-cutter (for xci files). I know it's a drag to use all these steps, but it's still a viable solution if you want to transfer bigger than 4GB files.
Thanks! But imo not very practical, it takes way too long time to cut and join .xci files. Much faster to just buy sd card reader and transfer to microsd card.

Girtana1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Windows 10 and it gets listed as a USB Input Device under Human Interface Devices in device manager, will this app make it mount like a regular drive or is there some program I need?

Reactions: Don Jon

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Someone pinch me! Am I dreaming?
No it's real and it's fantastic!
Thank you very much for such a lovely & ultimately useful homebrew!!

Mothafuckka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I tried to copy a file around 7gb. When it gets over 3.5gb it happens an error and it finish the transaction without copy the fully file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1