Homebrew WIP nxmtp: access your SD Card over USB without rebooting

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There was a time where I used memloader quite often and would have been very happy about something like this but nowadays there's mostly two scenarios:
  1. Install games -> USB install (AluminumFoil/Fluffy/Goldtree)
  2. Transfering smaller files -> FTP
It's good to store a weekly full Checkpoint backup of everything on the PC though. :)

Reactions: Mothafuckka

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it very handy, I am in a situation where I have done several units for friends and family so their kids dont lose the tiny game cartridges (installed to SD). Its nice to do updates of CFW and FW and filing backups without popping out the SDs all the time. I avoid FTP because I keep them offline because they can't be trusted to use 90dns, lol...

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm I'm a bit worried. Is this project DOA?
I think it just hasn't been updated because it's working.
I had problems with it on release, and the dev was very keen to get it working, made test builds and got me to do wireshark captures etc to figure out the problem. Problem turned out to be my end, macos automatically starting some process that was blocking it. Once I fixed that, the original release version has been working fine, so no updates needed.

Reactions: peteruk

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think it just hasn't been updated because it's working.
I had problems with it on release, and the dev was very keen to get it working, made test builds and got me to do wireshark captures etc to figure out the problem. Problem turned out to be my end, macos automatically starting some process that was blocking it. Once I fixed that, the original release version has been working fine, so no updates needed.
If so, I hope OP can release a updated statement on Github and message one of the mods to get this from WIP to Release.

Endlessclouds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
macOS mojave, 10.14.2

SXOS, fw5.1
Android file transfer

USB-C to usb-A GoPro wire. works fine so far, transferred a 3gb file into microSD (exFAT). laggy starting out but picked up speeds after that. Fast speeds indeed!

Last edited by Endlessclouds,

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
Folder is marked as archived but it contains split files that are less than 4gb.

I have same experience - the split NSP folders lose the archive bit during file transfer, therefore it's not possible to install them. The file transfer is accurate but the folder attribute disappears during copy, this is the only issue on Fat32 what I found.

Thank you very much for this essential program, it works really well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool