NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,
D

Deleted member 571810

There is one more trick when You want to show album cover.

You need to put original cover in the middle but not in full size, and You put again the same cover as the background (cover) but with low opacity (max 15%). It looks ok and You dont need to fight with empty space.

Attached prevs.
perfect dude

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is one more trick when You want to show album cover.

You need to put original cover in the middle but not in full size, and You put again the same cover as the background (cover) but with low opacity (max 15%). It looks ok and You dont need to fight with empty space.

Attached prevs.
The cover art is managed from mpv that create an mjpeg video track with it, it works but is not the state of the art method i want, and is not configurable.
This is what i said use a bulldozer to move a small rock. But i work later on it, first i want a good interface then probably i edit the mpv code to change this, maybe a way to access the jpeg data so i can use it on my gui. I have to think about it.

Reactions: Godorowski

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not the dev, but the suggestions 1 and 2 need handle a database, as I know, the port of SQLite its comming, so this features need to wait for the database integration.

The suggestions 3,4 and 5 need the database implementation to with the plus of scrapping system or plugins, so it gona take some time.

These sugestions are similar to my suggestion to make a media library like plesk or kodi, I'm sure that they come to nxmp on the future, but need go step to step.

@FFTW nice suggestions, all requires db but i am working on it

Thanks to all, i found out a switch from a friend of mine that is nearly full working, so tests can be done! And releases will comes!
Thanks for the replies. However, 2 of my suggestions don't require a DB: #6 is simply about improving 1080P playback, and #3 only requires pulling the thumbnail from the video its self, no DB needed (although a DB would definitely help by saving that picture so that the player doesn't have to obtain it every time, but until one is implemented the player can obtain it every time the player is started). The rest do require an internal DB (1 and 2) or an external DB (4 and 5), but it would be truly fabulous and a big plus if you can get them working :).

Congrats on finding a new switch!

Edit: Great to hear you got the internal DB working too! :D.

Reactions: proconsule54

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies. However, 2 of my suggestions don't require a DB: #6 is simply about improving 1080P playback, and #3 only requires pulling the thumbnail from the video its self, no DB needed (although a DB would definitely help by saving that picture so that the player doesn't have to obtain it every time, but until one is implemented the player can obtain it every time the player is started). The rest do require an internal DB (1 and 2) or an external DB (4 and 5), but it would be truly fabulous and a big plus if you can get them working :).

Congrats on finding a new switch!

Edit: Great to hear you got the internal DB working too! :D.
Playback performance is not really going to be improved

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dev Update:
File Resume working, i need to do lot of stuff to finish it but the basic routines are done.
Is done with SQLite3 so it should be fast.
is not thread safe but since is used on play/stop sequence i dont care.

The next version 0.5.0 will be with lots of changes under the hood so probably will be less stable than 0.4.1 (i hope this will not be true but it can be)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, i also have the homebrew psp Port of cave story