Gaming NTSC/PAL Wii Update - 2.2U/2.2E

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I updated my firmware to 2.2E but I'm so disappointed, the firmware did not correct my calendar problem (weathercast channel and news hours since update) due to battery removing
frown.gif

I was hoping a new firmware will correct this without the need to format the Wii memory, but I will be now forced to do it
frown.gif

Does the "format" menu delete save data too ?
I have my elebit save that cannot be saved to SDcard, and a few games too (TMNT, metal slug, etc.). I don't want to loose them.
what the format command really do ?
Mii, firmware, Wii friend code, channels and saves ? all ? anyway to keep my save game ?

Thanks

edit :
Still no way to copy GameCube save data to SD
frown.gif

I'm out of space on my memory card, I wished for this one.

Stripey_Horse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i wanted weather channel to update hourly and display the current temp on the channel window.. guess not.. lucky my pc does it every 15 minutes..

New internet browser with autohide on = excellent

AS for the big SPM debate. im a pal user with only 512 internet.. lol. so no spm for me. PLUS , ill surely buy it. Only game ive been waiting for.. I LOVE paper mario on my xbox with n64 emu..

astromantic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just to clarify for everyone. SPM does not require an update to get the DS working in the Bakery. That Message is kind of missleading I know but I assure you it has othing to do with the firmware. It just means you aren't far enough in the game to use that feature. I was hoping it was some fancy DS connection too but to my dissapointment I came back after collecting another heart and the feature was unlocked. And all this ages before the Wii update.

Stripey_Horse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL. if the wii and ds talked to each other. it would be the TOP NEWS on every site..

btw. they showed the DS logo on the ign spm spotlight.. they show the first 4 chapters

edit
FOLLOW what everyone else says and u wont have a problem with spm

UPDATE FIRST latest as of 1 hour ago. 2.2e (for pal , with latest browser)
MAKE SURE UR WIFI is working
RUN SPM
update * im thinking it must check the net before the disc update* eg. the 100 monkeys at N didnt code the update to check region , but lucky it checks the internet for a update first (with the right region) and then skips the disc check..

BOOM. enjoy spm

oh and wiikey ppl etc. IT wouldnt matter what CHIP u have , its the fact the wiikey runs region free when u get it , homebrew users , some have very old code that wont do region free.. PLUS.. 4.2gig is ALOT to download.. *and downloading is wrong boys and girls* OK

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol