Hacking NTR 3.4 Screen Recorder Test Thread

SkyChotik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: I took off a "color correction" filter around 02:30 - That's why the video looked weird.
Edit2: Uploaded a "60fps" version using the motion smoothing method. Should be finished processing around 3PM CST (This edit is at 2:10PM CST)

I didn't have an audio cable long enough to plug into my 3ds from my pc.
Also, two people were watching netflix, the window was open(3 other wifi networks nearby) and I was downloading a game. Amazing performance with all that still!
Console
New3DS XL/A9LH/10.7 EmuNAND w/CakesFW v138

OS
Windows 10 Home

Router
TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750
3DS connected via 2.4GHz 802.11b/g
PC connected via gigabit Ethernet

Recording Software
OBS Studio 0.13.4 x64

Software Tested
-Hyrule Warriors Legends
-Home Menu

Last edited by SkyChotik,
Reactions: NekoMichi

PixelBurst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Posted this in another thread, but thought it might interest people here -

I made a quick video to show a friend who's interested in capturing 3DS footage. He's really into interpolation techniques to improve framerate in Anime/Videos that are <60FPS and he ran the brief bit I gave him through it and I've got to say, I'm impressed. My network situation isn't the best so had around 30fps with drops as low as 20fps, he mentioned to me that a more constant framerate would make the interpolation better and again if he wanted to he could edit it more to speed up the footage during drops to keep the video at a steady framerate. Just food for thought for those looking to use this to make professional videos.

Edit: Original footage for comparison sake

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

I made a quick video to show a friend who's interested in capturing 3DS footage. He's really into interpolation techniques to improve framerate in Anime/Videos that are <60FPS and he ran the brief bit I gave him through it and I've got to say, I'm impressed. My network situation isn't the best so had around 30fps with drops as low as 20fps, he mentioned to me that a more constant framerate would make the interpolation better and again if he wanted to he could edit it more to speed up the footage during drops to keep the video at a steady framerate. Just food for thought for those looking to use this to make professional videos.

Edit: Original footage for comparison sake

The frame rate looks amazing :)
There were occasional blurs, would that be down to frame blending?

SkyChotik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Awesome, that totally convinced me to get all of my frame smoothing set up as well, totally going to add a second video to my post with the smoothing!

Reactions: PixelBurst

PixelBurst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The frame rate looks amazing :)
There were occasional blurs, would that be down to frame blending?

Yeah, it's almost as if the interpolation just doesn't compensate enough between frames, be it due to a lower framerate (drops perhaps, long panning scenes) but again this is just ran through a generic plugin over the whole video, if you edited you could easily compensate for that either with a smoother solid 30fps from a better quality stream in general, or even choosing to speed up scenes slightly before applying the interpolation on troubled spots to give it that extra edge it needs to get it smooth. It would require some effort, but I think with competent editing you could make it work well.

Slightly OT but he hasn't been interested in 3DS cfw until now, I'm going to be setting his N3DS XL up with A9LH and the like so he can record MH and Pokemon - he loves editing videos so I'll be sure to link some of his stuff when he's giving it a proper go so people can see how it looks.

Awesome, that totally convinced me to get all of my frame smoothing set up as well, totally going to add a second video to my post with the smoothing!

Looking forward to it! :)

Last edited by PixelBurst,
Reactions: NekoMichi

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so whenever i connect with the new build i get "Illgeal Quality" Then it disconnects 10 seconds later saying "Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall."

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
so whenever i connect with the new build i get "Illgeal Quality" Then it disconnects 10 seconds later saying "Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall."
Try copying the config.xml from the debugger's folder in preview 1 to preview 2, see if that works.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Alan Treecko

GBATemp's official fanfiction disposer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The closest computer I have that has a chance of working better than my hunk of junk (2FPS / 6% Quality) I can't touch as I can't get permission.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, that was fun to watch. +1