Not open for further replies.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Did OP post this on april 1st?

This is next to impossible.
(speaking of player remakes)
I remember that guy spent a good few years on making a HD twilight princess for the Wii and then Nintendo decided to rerelease the game as a HD remaster..

Imagine if this guy defied the odds, only to have Nintendo do the same. That would be pretty funny.

This is a lot to take on by a person with so little achievements within the hacking/modding community. The sheer fact that you've already tried to legitimise your skills by claiming to have worked on something you clearly didn't is a huge message to how successful this port is going to be.

Good luck lol

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I remember that guy spent a good few years on making a HD twilight princess for the Wii and then Nintendo decided to rerelease the game as a HD remaster..
Well a hd version of a game that already is on the system is easier than porting a whole game onto it and building it off an already existing game.

CloudCocopuffs

3DS Homebrew Enthusiast
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow you must be really smart to do this, like literally the smartest person on the forum in order to accomplish this near impossible, massively complicated task. To even begin it and make ANY progress at all you would have to be more talented than someone like smealum. You must have tons of experience hacking roms, programing, reverse engineering and have other completed projects to even consider doing this. I would LOVE for you to link us to your previously completed projects so that we can all check out your work. :)
Is that sarcasm? I cant tell tbh :P

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This thread is gonna get deleted anyway so I'll ask again...are you really sure?
Yes im really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reallyreally really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really sure.

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This thread is gonna get deleted anyway so I'll ask again...are you really sure?
It's actually a journalistic news source, obviously.
you know, with all this shitposting (as seen above holy shit) and claims with no real proof of concept outside of "hey I can open this format in x piece of software", kinda easy to say it's just a tech troubleshooting forum

Reactions: foreveryang

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Oh my freaking god...what is gbatemp
It's a wondrous land of magical make-believe where advanced projects that would take a team of ~10 skilled individuals about 1-2 years minimum can be taken on by a single individual with no programming or art experience.

arse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is hilarious, but I do feel sorry for the guy.

Sorry, but we all have dreams and wild ideas. This is one of them. And one that you will never be able to make a reality.

What you are proposing is quite simply impossible. You are talking about porting one of the GameCubes most advanced games (the physics, particularly) onto a handheld with a completely different architecture, entirely by yourself, with no SDK to speak of and no programming knowledge.

This is something an experienced team of about ten or so coders would have difficulty with - and you think you can do it yourself? There is no such thing as "porting" here - you would have to rewrite the engine from the ground up. Have you been able to disassemble the code from the GC game? Do you understand every single call, every register, every single little bit of code and what it does? Do you fully understand the 3DS architecture and graphics capability from the inside out? Have you got any further than ripping models, which is something any amateur can do with a tool and no programming knowledge? No? Then you haven't got a snowball's chance in hell. Sorry.

Put your effort towards learning a programming language and starting small scale rather than immediately aiming for the moon and promising what you cannot, and what the most experienced codersin fact, cannnot ever acheive.

Alex-JA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is hilarious, but I do feel sorry for the guy.

Sorry, but we all have dreams and wild ideas. This is one of them. And one that you will never be able to make a reality.

What you are proposing is quite simply impossible. You are talking about porting one of the GameCubes most advanced games (the physics, particularly) onto a handheld with a completely different architecture, entirely by yourself, with no SDK to speak of and no programming knowledge.

This is something an experienced team of about ten or so coders would have difficulty with - and you think you can do it yourself? There is no such thing as "porting" here - you would have to rewrite the engine from the ground up. Have you been able to disassemble the code from the GC game? Do you understand every single call, every register, every single little bit of code and what it does? Do you fully understand the 3DS architecture and graphics capability from the inside out? Have you got any further than ripping models, which is something any amateur can do with a tool and no programming knowledge? No? Then you haven't got a snowball's chance in hell. Sorry.

Put your effort towards learning a programming language and starting small scale rather than immediately aiming for the moon and promising what you cannot, and what the most experienced codersin fact, cannnot ever acheive.

You've all the reason.
Is a project very difficult for me. :/

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I wonder when are we going to be capable of making custom levels on 3D land.
Yeah. If that would be possible sometime in the future, I'd definitely make a "Super Mario Bros 2.5D" Romhack. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    +1
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same