ROM Hack [NSY] Super Mario Sunshine 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question isn't is it possible, of course it is. Just about anything is possible.
The real question is, who's crazy enough to undergo such project?

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
2. UI (User Interface)
- My idea is use some 3DS characteristics (like Spotpass and Streetpass). But Idk how can I made it and the event (As a battle or something similar). Suggestions?

3. Compilation
.cia or .3ds?
EUR, USA or FREE REGION?
EULA or not?
2. Don't even try. It hasn't been done yet by anyone and it's a nightmare.
3. Both. Region Free. Why do you need a EULA?

goodbytes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This would be amazing but row DS will be dead and buried before this things becomes a reality, unless Nintendo release it.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was all excited before i read NYS meant not yet started and you don't anything to base it on.
Guess we still have Sunshine 64 DS which is looking pretty nice for what it is.

windwakemeupinside

Resident Gost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was mention of adding spotpass/streetpass on this project; unfortunately spotpass is run by Nintendo server-side I think so unless you made a server and coded it to take in data from said server for it, which would be kind of useless anyway because all Nintendo uses it for is the occasional small content in games, promote new games, and to give you updates for things like Badge Arcade and Mii Plaza.

Streetpass compatibility would be a nightmare to implement and because only a small percentage of 3ds users use some form of 'hax, let alone use it for other than save editing and rom hacks, it wouldn't be worth it in the long run. I'd say focus more on the main project and then go and add small touches like that when the main project is done, because making streetpass compatibility will be a huge undertaking itself.

I wish you luck, my friend.

jabbapen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[NSY] = NO STARTED YET
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to remake Super Mario Sunshine and do it for 3DS.

I've some questions about this project. If someone can help reply this questions, I'll be very happy and I could start it!

1. Models
- Can I extract models from Super Mario Sunshine (GC) and port it to DevKitARM? It would be very easy. Only 2 or 3 changes and I'll the model ready.
For example, Can I use Delfino's Plaza Model for this game without any change?
14o9hc9.png

2. UI (User Interface)
- My idea is use some 3DS characteristics (like Spotpass and Streetpass). But Idk how can I made it and the event (As a battle or something similar). Suggestions?

3. Compilation
.cia or .3ds?
EUR, USA or FREE REGION?
EULA or not?

4. Languages
I don't know all languages in this world. So the game will be in Castillian Spanish (ES), English (EN) and French (FR). If you want your language, I think that you'll need enter in the project xD.

For all Gbatemp users:
"I would like" isn't the same that "I'm do it.". Remember it.
I really doubt you can do this but I would love if you proved me wrong.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
I was all excited before i read NYS meant not yet started and you don't anything to base it on.
Guess we still have Sunshine 64 DS which is looking pretty nice for what it is.
It looks amazing for what it is: Someone hacking SM64DS to look and feel like SMS. This is what over 3 years of DIY work gets you:

Reactions: Sliter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)