Not open for further replies.

Alex-JA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[NSY] = NO STARTED YET
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to remake Super Mario Sunshine and do it for 3DS.

I've some questions about this project. If someone can help reply this questions, I'll be very happy and I could start it!

1. Models
- Can I extract models from Super Mario Sunshine (GC) and port it to DevKitARM? It would be very easy. Only 2 or 3 changes and I'll the model ready.
For example, Can I use Delfino's Plaza Model for this game without any change?
14o9hc9.png

2. UI (User Interface)
- My idea is use some 3DS characteristics (like Spotpass and Streetpass). But Idk how can I made it and the event (As a battle or something similar). Suggestions?

3. Compilation
.cia or .3ds?
EUR, USA or FREE REGION?
EULA or not?

4. Languages
I don't know all languages in this world. So the game will be in Castillian Spanish (ES), English (EN) and French (FR). If you want your language, I think that you'll need enter in the project xD.

For all Gbatemp users:
"I would like" isn't the same that "I'm do it.". Remember it.

Last edited by Alex-JA,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As much as I want this to succeed you would have to change allot of the game in order to not get in trouble with Nintendo.

He could also release it on that iso site you know, if he uses ressources from the game, he does not have the choice in fact.
Good luck, seems very ambitious.

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What the hell are you gonna use as a base? 3D Land?
Or are you mad enough to think you're gonna be able to port it fully, without help?

Reactions: ByteBite

Alex-JA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What the hell are you gonna use as a base? 3D Land?
Or are you mad enough to think you're gonna be able to port it fully, without help?

At the moment I'm alone xD
No. I only take Super Mario 3D Land intro boot screen. After is Delfino Plaza and blah blah blah

Reactions: Thanone

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this is an very complicatedplan :v but also very interesting xDMaybe I can help with graphics and Portuguese language ...btw I think using mario 3Dland as base isn't a better idea from doing from scratch? or are you decided to remake it all? xD

Reactions: Thanone

Alex-JA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is an very complicatedplan :v but also very interesting xDMaybe I can help with graphics and Portuguese language ...btw I think using mario 3Dland as base isn't a better idea from doing from scratch? or are you decided to remake it all? xD

If I can extract all commands in Super Mario Sunshine (GC) and after port it to 3DS without problems, I'll do it all.
But I'm only taking the save's configuration files from Super Mario 3D Land. Nothing more. :/

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I can extract all commands in Super Mario Sunshine (GC) and after port it to 3DS without problems, I'll do it all.
But I'm only taking the save's configuration files from Super Mario 3D Land. Nothing more. :/

Is it that simple? So it isn't a rom hack?

Alex-JA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good luck :)

Thanks. I'll need it xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it that simple? So it isn't a rom hack?

Well... simple, simple... We need to speak about this.
At the moment no. I'd like use all characteristics about touch screen. For example, a life counter, coins, water... etc

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Wow you must be really smart to do this, like literally the smartest person on the forum in order to accomplish this near impossible, massively complicated task. To even begin it and make ANY progress at all you would have to be more talented than someone like smealum. You must have tons of experience hacking roms, programing, reverse engineering and have other completed projects to even consider doing this. I would LOVE for you to link us to your previously completed projects so that we can all check out your work. :)

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow you must be really smart to do this, like literally the smartest person on the forum in order to accomplish this near impossible, massively complicated task. To even begin it and make ANY progress at all you would have to be more talented than someone like smealum. You must have tons of experience hacking roms, programing, reverse engineering and have other completed projects to even consider doing this. I would LOVE for you to link us to your previously completed projects so that we can all check out your work. :)
Man that was pretty harsh.

Alex-JA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks for this words!
I'm not so smart like smealum and when Wii U doesn't exist, I made customs and others in Rvlution.net about New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Super Smash Bros. (I made some NSMBWii games and I collaborated in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. In SSB I made customs 3D Models and scenaries. If they didn't delete it, you can watch it in Rvlution website). I've in my home my last Wii game (NSMBWii) that I recorded in a DVD and save it in a box.
Programing isn't my better hability. I'm more graphic designer but I always try do all xDD.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Basically we highly doubt that your project will end anywhere, because people that are able to do something as huge as it are very few.
So it's not a big risk to assume that you'll not be able to succeed in your goal.
Just show us we are wrong.
:)

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very, very ambitious. I tried leading a team for a rom hack and had to quit due to giving us too many goals and I just got overwhelmed (which was my fault to begin with). I've started something new though with a smaller team. All i can say is you're in for one heck of a ride if you think you can do this on your own without even really basic knowledge or a base to work off of. (Assuming you have no basic knowledge and a base)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Mines are all the dragon ball animes. Im also enjoying Fullmetal alchemist and my hero academia