[Release] Whack Mania --- Whack a mole around planets

So i have finally finished the port of a game I released a couple of years ago for IOS and Android called Whack Mania.
It is basically a Whack a Mole game but with very nice graphics (I worked with very professional people here) similar to Mario Galaxy. Instead of the classic game where the moles appear on holes on a plane here they appear around a planet and you need to rotate it in order to smash them. There are a few other game modes but I prefer you to take a look a give me your opinion :)

Here is a video of what the game is about

And here is a video of the 3ds version

Another video of one of the final bosses

You can find more info on my blog

-------------- Update (2016/04/10) ---------------------------------------------------------------

- Fixed crash on consoles with language not set on english or spanish
- Cleaned up resources
- Lefties can shoot with R trigger now
- Fixed several crashes when changing from one level to another
- Screeen swapping, the game can now be played in the bottom screen
- Added option for rotating the planet with the circle pad (disable drag planet on options)
- Fixed typo on the 1st screen
- Improved 3d effect
- Game now uses boths screen by extending the viewport

And here is the Download Link if you wanna give it a try
DOWNLOAD

Last edited by cebolleto, , Reason: fixed typos
D

Deleted User

Wow, it is the best hombrew app ever! It looks like an actual licensed 3ds game!! Perfect!!

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Wow, it is the best hombrew app ever! It looks like an actual licensed 3ds game!! Perfect!!

You're right. It looks like a licenced one.

Amazing

EDIT: The game is very fun. I played it and I enjoyed it a lot.

Maybe would be helpful for left-handed people the possibility of shoot with the R button

EDIT: The game freezes when you try to return to the main menu on a pause menu in a endless game.

Last edited by Intronaut,

cebolleto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone for the comments!

Extremely impressive!! This has got to be one of the greatest 3DS homebrew yet. I think this homebrew would be good enough to be submitted to the eshop! :P
If only it were easier to get access to an official SDK...

It even haves 3d layers! great work. I hope to see more awesome hombrew like this one. Thanks.:hrth:
Yeah, I am also surprised that after the good job smea and the others did reverse engineering all the 3d methods on the 3ds no one has still using texture combiners. It is not very different to how OpenGL ES 1.1 manages this

EDIT: The game is very fun. I played it and I enjoyed it a lot.

Maybe would be helpful for left-handed people the possibility of shoot with the R button

EDIT: The game freezes when you try to return to the main menu on a pause menu in a endless game.
I am happy you guys are liking it, the last two levels are a bit special, so keep playing :)
I also thought about the possibility of shooting with the R button but I'd like to hear an opinion of a left-handed guy, I think they are alreay used to playing like this too
I have tried to reproduce the crash you said but it did't happen to me. Which version are you using (cia, 3ds or 3dsx?) and which endless mode is it?

Reactions: Idaho

ifrit05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am happy you guys are liking it, the last two levels are a bit special, so keep playing :)
I also thought about the possibility of shooting with the R button but I'd like to hear an opinion of a left-handed guy, I think they are alreay used to playing like this too
Left-handed here and I think that having the option to switch to the R trigger would be awesome, or maybe just have both the L and R triggers function the same.

EDIT: For some reason when I try to progress after stage 2 the game freezes and the screen flashes on and off continuously. I'll try to replicate it. (N3DS, NH2.0, 9.9.0.26U)
EDIT2: Happened again after beating stage 3. Is there a way you can include a log function? It may help.

Last edited by ifrit05,

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man, this is GREAT work!!!
I'm definitly putting thiis on my 3DS once ironahx will come out!!
Also this is the best looking homebrew on the 3DS right now!

cebolleto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Left-handed here and I think that having the option to switch to the R trigger would be awesome, or maybe just have both the L and R triggers function the same.

EDIT: For some reason when I try to progress after stage 2 the game freezes and the screen flashes on and off continuously. I'll try to replicate it. (N3DS, NH2.0, 9.9.0.26U)
EDIT2: Happened again after beating stage 3. Is there a way you can include a log function? It may help.
Ok, I'll make an update when I come back from holidays including support for left-handed people and fixing the bugs people report
About the bug you are mentioning seems like something N3DS specific. I dealed with something similiar and it was caused by the use of triangle strips (it took me 2 weeks fo find it out). These kind of bugs are hard to track and unfortunatelly I don't have a N3DS. Is this happening on the 3dsx, 3ds or cia?

Amazing work. Thanks. Do you have any plan to open-source it ?
Yep. At some point in September I will release the engine I have used for this game (this is my plan right now but it is very likely I will be delayed as usual). It also depends on how many people insist on me doint it :)

Still haven't tested, but it seems the game could use the motion sensors, like how it's used in ocarina of time
Not sure it will work. It's been already hard to make it work like it is (the planet was rotating too much difficulting the gameplay using the contros I designed for Android). Also I don't like motion sensors, they don't really get along with the 3d effect

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, a bit of source is available in the background of the 3DS video :P
You are right :D

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is the best 3DS homebrew game I've ever seen. Looks AMAAZING and gameplay seems good too. This will be the 1st thing I do when I get IRONHAX. I promise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16