ROM Hack [NSY] Super Mario Sunshine 3DS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alex-JA
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 48,387
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Likes Likes 20
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can extract all commands in Super Mario Sunshine (GC) and after port it to 3DS without problems, I'll do it all.
But I'm only taking the save's configuration files from Super Mario 3D Land. Nothing more. :/
Wait, doesn't the Gamecube use PowerPC code (DevKitProPPC), and the 3DS use's ARM/ARM9 (DevKitARM)?
So wouldn't that be extremely hard to Convert code, or maybe not....idk xD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Thelostrune
Wait, doesn't the Gamecube use PowerPC code (DevKitProPPC), and the 3DS use's ARM/ARM9 (DevKitARM)?
So wouldn't that be extremely hard to Convert code, or maybe not....idk xD
That's right. Just extracting all commands wouldn't be enough. We need to rewrite it completely.
I want to use Unity for that which is completely different to PowerPC-Code.
Sure, with the commands/code of the original game, we could recode it in unity.
 
Funny, MK7T from Kuribo64 Ported Bianco Hills to SM3DL.

Why don't you contact him and ask him to help?
 
how 'bout that?
thislik3g.png
 
I actually wanted to extract Project DIVA Extend's iso and recreate it on 3DS but idk where to start...
 
I actually wanted to extract Project DIVA Extend's iso and recreate it on 3DS but idk where to start...
Start by magically getting the entire source code so you can modify and compile your own? I don't get why this thread is even a thing still.

Oh wait right [NSY]. Maybe he'll start it in 40 years when this might be possible for some random end user to just magically port games from system to system, the work required for this, and especially just a single guy(?) is absolutely monumental and even if he did know what he was doing, it would take a long ass time. Not to mention the guy doesn't hold the rights and ninty would slap a DMCA takedown letter the second some actual work was done (because hey, this is crossing the line from making romhacks to outright stealing. Which, thanks to pokemon uranium, ninty don't even like romhacks much anymore).
 
Start by magically getting the entire source code so you can modify and compile your own? I don't get why this thread is even a thing still.

Oh wait right [NSY]. Maybe he'll start it in 40 years when this might be possible for some random end user to just magically port games from system to system, the work required for this, and especially just a single guy(?) is absolutely monumental and even if he did know what he was doing, it would take a long ass time. Not to mention the guy doesn't hold the rights and ninty would slap a DMCA takedown letter the second some actual work was done (because hey, this is crossing the line from making romhacks to outright stealing. Which, thanks to pokemon uranium, ninty don't even like romhacks much anymore).
I wouldn't need the source. Just to recode the game with the actual files.
 
....So just dropping by, you know, just checking in seeing how that decisions on making this is going... :yaynds:

By the way, I can translate from English to Spanish - Latino-style not that weird spain spanish.
 
Last edited by Pecrow,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News