Hacking NSMBW level 1-3

Vibestar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a company owns all the rights. The public is legal.....
Nice of the companies to brainwash us all. So I'm a criminal to you. Please if those justice fighters first pick up all the killer or rapists.
Sorry guys I don't want to waste my time on people pointing out a finger, those people I give tha finger.

Oh the word GBA stands for Game Boy Advance which is copyrighted by Nintendo. So far that I can see the homepage has some advert in it which makes this site profitable.
This way they make money with a name that is copyrighted which all of you are members to. Criminals
wink.gif

I have deleted my link.... Bye

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this is illegal content isn't it ??

cause if you can share files from the games ISO's you might aswell have IOS wad's as all is coded by nintendo and will contain nintendo code and therefore Illegal content??

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't this all just assumptions?

To further assume. Isn't .arc the format for a NSMB level modification? Perhaps this isn't the 'retail' nintendo level, but rather a custom level?

Someone give it a try and get back to us.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a custom level for NSMB that he made using the level editor Tanooki and hex editing. You can replace a level in the NSMB ISO and play this level instead. I haven't tried it, but it can't brick your Wii. I'm not positive about it's legality either, but I think .arc files are allowed to be distributed.

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Summersett said:
This is a custom level for NSMB that he made using the level editor Tanooki and hex editing. You can replace a level in the NSMB ISO and play this level instead. I haven't tried it, but it can't brick your Wii. I'm not positive about it's legality either, but I think .arc files are allowed to be distributed.

it can't brick a wii, it's just a game =P
I THINK I read something about the arc files saying it was legal, more or less
huh.gif

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as i can see as long as there is no nintendo code in it its safe but nintendo could yell at you if they wanted to but i doubt they would wast the money to do that.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taik said:
Summersett said:

it can't brick a wii, it's just a game =P
I THINK I read something about the arc files saying it was legal, more or less
huh.gif
I know it can't brick a Wii, but everyone seemed so afraid to download it or even look at it, I thought I'd throw the obvious out there.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Levels ARE illegal to redistribute, as they still contain copyrighted Nintendo code. Considering he EDITED a level, he only replaced bits of it i.e. some of the original level remains. I don't think it'd be POSSIBLE to make one completely from scratch. Therefore it is illegal. If this is allowed, then you may as well start posting WADs and ISOs with one or two bytes changed; its basically the same idea.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If it is something like a mym file, it doesn't contain any nintendo code, just info about the things that have to be changed (and you'll need some kind of patcher to apply those).

But I really doubt thats the case here.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Levels ARE illegal to redistribute, as they still contain copyrighted Nintendo code. Considering he EDITED a level, he only replaced bits of it i.e. some of the original level remains. I don't think it'd be POSSIBLE to make one completely from scratch. Therefore it is illegal. If this is allowed, then you may as well start posting WADs and ISOs with one or two bytes changed; its basically the same idea.

that's what I was thinking

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
If it is something like a mym file, it doesn't contain any nintendo code, just info about the things that have to be changed (and you'll need some kind of patcher to apply those).

But I really doubt thats the case here.

its not. if that were the case it would not be an arc file. if it were a .diff file, or .IPS, or something, it could be a patch file to be applied to the relevant arc file manually, and then it would be legal, but it isn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-