"Not enough free space. Make room by deleting other stages or replay data"

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by sonicrings, Apr 9, 2015.

1. sonicrings
    OP

sonicrings GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2012
    Canada
    Johto
    I have 3941 MB of free space on my Wii U. I deleted dozens of custom stages and replays. Yet it still says "Not enough free space. Make room by deleting other stages or replay data" when I try to save a new replay, create a new stage or edit an old stage!

I have a 16 GB SD card with only a few snapshots saved to it, and I even have a 1 GB USB plugged in (completely empty) and it still won't let me save anything. I've deleted so many replays, too.

Can anyone help? :S

I deleted Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, a 10 GB game, leaving me with 14 GB of free space. It still won't let me save anything. Called Nintendo and they were absolutely no help at all. The only thing they could tell me was to bring it in for repair. Can someone shine some light on this weird glitch for me?

EDIT:
    I deleted and reinstalled the update data for Smash Wii U, and now it seems I am able to save replays! I still can't create/edit stages, however.
    I also notice someone else on the Nintendo help forums has problems like this. Does anyone else have this issue here?

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Scrambled Mind

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Wow. Nintendo cannot figure out there is a nasty bug going there.

Maybe you could try to report the problem in the official nintendo support forums?

3. sonicrings
    OP

Oct 7, 2012
    Canada
    Johto
    Good idea, I'll do that, thanks!

I deleted and reinstalled the update data for Smash Wii U, and now it seems I am able to save replays! I still can't create/edit stages, however.
    I also notice someone else on the Nintendo help forums has problems like this. Does anyone else have this issue here?

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    There was a guy on the IRC chat with the same problem a couple days ago, that might have been you though.

5. sonicrings
    OP

Oct 7, 2012
    Canada
    Johto
    Yep, it was! I set my name to sonicrings, did the guy have a different name?

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Didn't pay attention to the name :P
    Well, good to know you at least partially sorted the issue out. Wiping the save data might fix the rest of it, if you're willing to lose your customized characters.