Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to the Wii U scene. How do I go about blocking updates, and whatnot? I just don't want that accidental update to happen ;)

PS. Thanks for all your help, NWP! - I'm sorry things were leaked. If it means anything, I'm sure I speak for all of us here when we say we really appreciate ALL of your hard work! <3

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way is to use the tubehax DNS server. Change your internet settings inside the Wii U from auto assign DNS to manual, and enter the IP address. I'm not sure what it is but you can probably google tubehax dns and get it

If you run DD-WRT or a more advanced router FW you can block the servers in your router. This is probably preferable since you're not relying on someone else's machine for your protection. Adding the following under dnsmasq options is all you need:

Code:
address=/.shop.nintendowifi.net/127.0.0.1
address=/.shop.wii.com/127.0.0.1
address=/.shop.nintendo.net/127.0.0.1

There are probably a ton of different other ways you could do this too. The servers you want to block are:

nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1