Hacking noob question: what is one way i can play videos on my M3i Zero?

bloodbend3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not even sure if it's possible, but if it is, could someone please tell me how to do it? thank you in advance and please don't shoot me down for not knowing this.

usanchezfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not own the M3i, I own the M3 Real, but if its anything like it you have to convert the videos to DPG format using a video converter. Look in the FAQ for links to various converters that are free and work nicely.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to convert the video into a .DPG file then you can play it directly in sakura or use moonshell to play it. Dont quote me on this but I think moonshell has slightly better playback

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
purechaos996 said:
you have to convert the video into a .DPG file then you can play it directly in sakura or use moonshell to play it. Dont quote me on this but I think moonshell has slightly better playback

Sakura is more or less a better version of Moonshell
biggrin.gif

Anyways, yep, you must first convert the video to a .DPG file (the converter comes with Moonshell, called DPG Tools).

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sakura doesn't play DPG4 so you have to use those Old Converters. Which are for DPG 2 or 3. So you still have to use Moonshell to run DPG 4.

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bloodbend3r said:
i'm not even sure if it's possible, but if it is, could someone please tell me how to do it? thank you in advance and please don't shoot me down for not knowing this.

Use the M3Sakura DSM encoder that the system files come packed with (http://down.gbalpha.com/GBalpha/Softwares/M3Sakura_Ver_142x_EUR.zip). It's the video format that Sakura is intended to playback (although DPG3 looks great too).

Like Densetsu3000 writes in the FAQ, older versions sometimes give better results (I use 1.34 1st edition personally).

DSM supports custom index photos for your videos, subtitles (*.srt, *.ssa, *.ass), and looks the same as DPG3 (it basically is DPG3 with index pics).

Happy viewing.
yaynds.gif

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rob_Threat said:
bloodbend3r said:

Use the M3Sakura DSM encoder that the system files come packed with (http://down.gbalpha.com/GBalpha/Softwares/M3Sakura_Ver_142x_EUR.zip). It's the video format that Sakura is intended to playback (although DPG3 looks great too).

Like Densetsu3000 writes in the FAQ, older versions sometimes give better results (I use 1.34 1st edition personally).

DSM supports custom index photos for your videos, subtitles (*.srt, *.ssa, *.ass), and looks the same as DPG3 (it basically is DPG3 with index pics).

Happy viewing.
yaynds.gif

Are "index Photos" custom icons for the file browser? I saw that option on the encoder, but wasn't sure what it was.
~dhjohn

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dhjohn said:
Are "index Photos" custom icons for the file browser? I saw that option on the encoder, but wasn't sure what it was.
~dhjohn

it's a 256x192 *.bmp that shows up when you scroll past the *.dsm file. I really like this feature, I know it actually adds nothing to the video quality, but I like customization.

smile.gif

Solecist

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
With BATCH DPG 1.60 i can have a video of 380mb ... in 50mb ....with SUBS but the subs have problems with acentuations like áéíóãõ ...etc.
With DPG TOOLS i can have a video of 380 in 100mb...with a better kuality a little more fast, but without subs .......someone can tell me if DPGTOOLS from moonshell have Subtitles suport?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries