Hacking Noob-Proof guide to compile RxTools source.

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay guys, after some fiddling i've managed to find the solution for the compiling error. It seems you are missing one entry in the path.
Every body already entered : "C:\devkitPro\msys\bin" and "C:\MinGW\bin"
The one that needs to be added is: "C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin"
In that folder the ARM compilers exist who are needed to build

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys, after some fiddling i've managed to find the solution for the compiling error. It seems you are missing one entry in the path.
Every body already entered : "C:\devkitPro\msys\bin" and "C:\MinGW\bin"
The one that needs to be added is: "C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin"
In that folder the ARM compilers exist who are needed to build
?
Congratulations. You've repeated solutions from page 3 and earlier. And... In response to whom? Was it your own issue or were you helping someone else?

Reactions: DjoeN

MMS4MSU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread but I used the guide so I thought it would be a good place to start.
I installed all the required files to comply and cloned the respo but when I use the command Make I get this error.
Code:
C:\rxTools\rxTools>make
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/rxTools/rxTools/rxtools'
Invalid Parameter - 4096x4096+32+64
Invalid Parameter - 16x4096
Invalid Parameter - +8
make[1]: *** [font.bin] Error 4
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/rxTools/rxTools/rxtools'
make: *** [rxtools/rxtools.bin] Error 2

C:\rxTools\rxTools>

Here is my output from Path command.
Code:
C:\rxTools\rxTools>path
PATH=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32
\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\devkitPro\msys\bin;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\devkitPro\devkitA
RM\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\ZyXEL PLA Series Utility\ZyXEL PLA Series Utility\
cml

Thanks for any help

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i had the same problem on window.
you have to copy convert.exe from your imagemagik folder into rxtools/rxtools and rxtools/theme folder.

Then you can do a make release.

Edit: you have to install imagemagik even if puting the installation path on your system path don't work.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I know this is an old thread but I used the guide so I thought it would be a good place to start.
I installed all the required files to comply and cloned the respo but when I use the command Make I get this error.
Code:
C:\rxTools\rxTools>make
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/rxTools/rxTools/rxtools'
Invalid Parameter - 4096x4096+32+64
Invalid Parameter - 16x4096
Invalid Parameter - +8
make[1]: *** [font.bin] Error 4
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/rxTools/rxTools/rxtools'
make: *** [rxtools/rxtools.bin] Error 2

Here is my output from Path command.
Code:
C:\rxTools\rxTools>path
PATH=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32
\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\devkitPro\msys\bin;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\devkitPro\devkitA
RM\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\ZyXEL PLA Series Utility\ZyXEL PLA Series Utility\
cml

Thanks for any help
You have to instal imagemagick , if you did it correct it should also be in your path after the installation.
(I used the ImageMagick-6.9.2-0-Q16-x64-dll.exe) if you are on x86 use ImageMagick-6.9.2-0-Q16-x86-dll.exe

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: Margen67

MMS4MSU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Koryushin and DjoeN! That worked but had to install imagemagick and log-off/log-in. I installed and ran into the same error until I remembered Windows does not institute changes to the environmental variables path without a restart.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Koryushin and DjoeN! That worked but had to install imagemagick and log-off/log-in. I installed and ran into the same error until I remembered Windows does not institute changes to the environmental variables path without a restart.
Glad it worked, but... what? Simply closing the command console and opening a new one should be using the new environment variables. You can always use the command: set path =<needed path>, and/or make a batch file for that as well. You should also install Python 2.7 and ensure it's in your path if you plan on building any other 3ds projects yourself.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double-post but it has been a while since this thread has had a reply. I may be mistaken, but an updated ctrulib might be required for use with the 2.5 series of hax from smealum et al, and I have not tested the build myself, but simply verified that rxtools builds without apparent error using both an older ctrulib and the latest ctrulib source. With that said, if you need to try an updated ctrulib for troubleshooting issues, do so by cloning the source: "git clone --recursive https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib", then entering the /ctrulib/libctru directory, then run "make", then "make install"
I recommend renaming the ctrulib folder to something meaningful so that if you want/need to revert to an older version, you can download from the releases on GitHub and follow the same steps to make and make install.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another double post, but I seem to be the only one trying to keep this thread up to date. As of 30 December 2015, this is what you need to do to build the latest source using the latest devkitpro (r45). I'm sure this will be resolved soon.

1) Install r45
2) git clone --recursive https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib -> make -> make install
(this is because there have been a couple of commits since r45 was released, and those commits look important to me, like reversed registers and such)

3) git clone --recursive https://github.com/mid-kid/CakeHax -> make (while in the Cakehax directory)
4) git clone --recursive https://github.com/mid-kid/CakeBrah -> make (while in the Cakebrah directory)
5) git clone --recursive https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools.git
6) delete the Cakehax and Cakebrah folders from the rxtools source
7) Copy the Cakehax and Cakebrah folders that you cloned into the rxtools folder
8) make release (in rxtools folder)

Edit: as of this moment (1 Jan, 1345 JST)(until the changes get reverted) after cloning the rxtools repo, you should also do "git checkout a08cfdd" from inside of the main rxtools folder. Changes after that the last few days severely broke the build.

Last edited by urherenow,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another double post, but I seem to be the only one trying to keep this thread up to date. As of 30 December 2015, this is what you need to do to build the latest source using the latest devkitpro (r45). I'm sure this will be resolved soon.

1) Install r45
2) git clone --recursive https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib -> make -> make install
(this is because there have been a couple of commits since r45 was released, and those commits look important to me, like reversed registers and such)

3) git clone --recursive https://github.com/mid-kid/CakeHax -> make (while in the Cakehax directory)
4) git clone --recursive https://github.com/mid-kid/CakeBrah -> make (while in the Cakebrah directory)
5) git clone --recursive https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools.git
6) delete the Cakehax and Cakebrah folders from the rxtools source
7) Copy the Cakehax and Cakebrah folders that you cloned into the rxtools folder
8) make release (in rxtools folder)

Edit: as of this moment (1 Jan, 1345 JST)(until the changes get reverted) after cloning the rxtools repo, you should also do "git checkout a08cfdd" from inside of the main rxtools folder. Changes after that the last few days severely broke the build.
trying it that way i get:
source/payload/main.c:72:10: error: 'p' undeclared (first use in this function)
for (p = (uintptr_t)payload_loc; p < (uintptr_t)payload_loc + payload_size; p += 32) {
^
source/payload/main.c:72:10: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[1]: *** [build/payload/main.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/g/rxTools/CakeHax'
make: *** [code.bin] Error 2

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the current rxtools git is jacked up with the last commit. Sorry. I have no control over that. Plus there shouldn't be a CakeHax folder in /rxtools/ anymore. It was moved to /rxtools/rxtools/

Edit: The first thing you should do with the submodules is clone them separately, then try to build them by themselves. This will separate errors between the submodules and rxtools. If you can't clone CakeHax by itself, enter the directory and complete a "make", then your ctrulib is probably not compatible. Try grabbing the official ctrulib 1.0 release and install that. Then try to build Cakehax again before copying the folder into rxtools/rxtools. And ALWAYS do a "make clean" when building stuff when you change a library and what not...

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok hopefully i compile dit properly, i rebuild thinsg seperatly moved CackeHax to /rxtools/rxtools/ and CakeBrah to /rxtools/ after making them seperatlyno errors at anystep of teh way. this is the resulting file directory structure.
sNDUYFR.png

and resulting release Folder
sNDUYFR.png

file size of teh Release Directory is 24.8Mb

(not sure if its working.)

Last edited by Dracari,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the latest commit, then you shouldn't host it. I already said that it's broken. If you really want to host the latest working version (minus FBI injection), do yourself a favor and start a command prompt in the rxtools folder and:

1)git checkout b2365fd
2)make clean
3)make release

Edit: Oh... and NEVER upload and share crap without testing it yourself first!

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as of the latest commit,(14d6182)[3HRS ago] RXTools Nightly builds properly again. i compiled said commit and tested Launch emuNAND and Launch sysNAND Modes games work , havent tested any CIA Installs yet, but i dont "Freeze/Crash" when exiting an Applet. https://mega.nz/#!M1ISwJib!b3AZjd9blU_ZxdYkXism-L3JdLazEFDeePyVbczaeHg

The nightlys now no longer use "firmware.bin" in rxtools/sys/ anymore it needs from teh Tools folder you to run cdn_firm.py and copy the generated firm folder to SD:\rxtools\ otherwise it will fail to load NATIVE_FIRM or generate its first time install files.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as of the latest commit,(14d6182)[3HRS ago] RXTools Nightly builds properly again. i compiled said commit and tested Launch emuNAND and Launch sysNAND Modes games work , havent tested any CIA Installs yet, but i dont "Freeze/Crash" when exiting an Applet. https://mega.nz/#!M1ISwJib!b3AZjd9blU_ZxdYkXism-L3JdLazEFDeePyVbczaeHg

The nightlys now no longer use "firmware.bin" in rxtools/sys/ anymore it needs from teh Tools folder you to run cdn_firm.py and copy the generated firm folder to SD:\rxtools\ otherwise it will fail to load NATIVE_FIRM or generate its first time install files.
The .py is ONLY for o3ds/2ds. You must use the encrypted firm from Cakes, renamed to <titleID>.bin for n3ds (placed in rxTools/firm)

Also note that anyone on devkitpro r44 should now update to r45. Any errors you have building the Cakehax and Cakebrah parts are because you didn't update and your ctrulib is not compatible.

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Iv been trying to find a solution for this error for quite some time on google, but the very few solutions that iv found so far havent been able to solve my issues, so heres a screen of the error i get every time i try to run pythonw or python, iv been told to post here to try to find a solution so this is like kind of my last resource for this :( heres a pic of the error:

pythonw.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1