endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I've tried several times but my Wii keeps freezing at the Scam Warning when launching the HackMii installer (i.e. the "Press (1) to continue" message isn't showing up no matter how long I wait). I'm using a brand new 2 GB non-SDHC SD card, which I know shouldn't be an issue.

Help! :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is the entire content of the installer.log file:

HackMii v1.2 installer starting up
PVR = 00087200
running under IOS 36 rev 0x412
57 titles are installed
Found IOS 36: revision: 0x412.
Found IOS 249: revision: 0x816*
Found IOS 35: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 34: revision: 0x40f.
Found IOS 33: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 31: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 30: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 28: revision: 0x508.
Found IOS 22: revision: 0x304.
Found IOS 20: revision: 0xc.
Found IOS 17: revision: 0x200.
Found IOS 15: revision: 0x101.
Found IOS 14: revision: 0x101.
Found IOS 13: revision: 0xa.
Found IOS 12: revision: 0x6.
Found IOS 11: revision: 0xa.
Found IOS 10: revision: 0x206.
Found IOS 21: revision: 0x202.
Found IOS 2: revision: 0x121.
Found IOS 9: revision: 0x204.
Found IOS 4: revision: 0x3.
launching IOS 36 for the installer...

IOS launched...

IOS versions: Installer: 36, HBC: 0
starting preparations

Should I be waiting longer? The demo video shows the "Press (1) to continue" message appearing ~30 seconds after the Scam Warning shows.
So this error is a bitch that has a totally different solution every time based on the situation. It usually happens because of something that was done to the Wii prior to running the installer (which is likely to have screwed it up because of how old your old softmod was). So I would recommend using the Hackmii Solutions option in ModMii, it usually is able to search and destroy the issue.

Elindir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So this error is a bitch that has a totally different solution every time based on the situation. It usually happens because of something that was done to the Wii prior to running the installer (which is likely to have screwed it up because of how old your old softmod was). So I would recommend using the Hackmii Solutions option in ModMii, it usually is able to search and destroy the issue.

Thanks again, man! I saw your reply late so I wasn't able to give this a go before going to bed. I'll try it out later. Here's hoping the issue does get found and destroyed. :)

Reactions: endoverend

Elindir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@endoverend you are the man!

Finally re-hacked my Wii, updated HBC, installed BootMii (and IOS and boot2), installed PriiLoader, and ran sysCheck. According to the log, all my soft mods are up-to-date. :D

I'm so excited I actually don't know what to do next. Lol!

Anyway, I tried opening the Wii Shop Channel, but it was in Japanese...so I changed my country to "United States" just to see if it'll change the language. I'm being prompted that the Wii's country has been changed, but I'm getting an Error 205958 when I click "OK".

You mentioned I should wait until I do a sysCheck before I dabble into any Region Change hacks. What do I do now?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
@endoverend you are the man!

Finally re-hacked my Wii, updated HBC, installed BootMii (and IOS and boot2), installed PriiLoader, and ran sysCheck. According to the log, all my soft mods are up-to-date. :D

I'm so excited I actually don't know what to do next. Lol!

Anyway, I tried opening the Wii Shop Channel, but it was in Japanese...so I changed my country to "United States" just to see if it'll change the language. I'm being prompted that the Wii's country has been changed, but I'm getting an Error 205958 when I click "OK".

You mentioned I should wait until I do a sysCheck before I dabble into any Region Change hacks. What do I do now?
Well, your shop channel is probably permanently screwed unless you manage to navigate the Japanese to delete your Wii Shop account. The Wii Shop only allows you to connect from the same region that the account was originally set up in. So if this was originally a Japanese Wii, then you can only connect to the Japanese Wii Shop unless you delete that account and make a new one on a US Wii Shop.

Anyway, I would recommend permanently changing the rest of the console to U simply to avoid any conflicts. Use AnyRegion Changer.

Elindir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, your shop channel is probably permanently screwed unless you manage to navigate the Japanese to delete your Wii Shop account. The Wii Shop only allows you to connect from the same region that the account was originally set up in. So if this was originally a Japanese Wii, then you can only connect to the Japanese Wii Shop unless you delete that account and make a new one on a US Wii Shop.

Anyway, I would recommend permanently changing the rest of the console to U simply to avoid any conflicts. Use AnyRegion Changer.

Ack! I knew I should've waited to region change everything before I opened the Wii Shop. Now I can't change the country back to Japan (I assume because my System Menu is "U", right?).

I'd like to at least try and salvage the Wii Shop though. If I understood your reply right, I'd have to:
  1. Region change to Japan using AnyRegion Changer
  2. Go to the Wii Shop Channel (or do I have to change country via Wii Settings to Japan too before this step?)
  3. Decipher the Japanese and delete the Wii Shop Account
  4. Region change to US using AnyRegion Changer
  5. Go to the Wii Shop Channel again
Thanks!

Yakult

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've created an UNEEK+DI EmuNAND using ModMii and it's all working.

The only problem is that Wii memory keeps with usual 2000 blocks even though my EmuNAND is on USB HDD. Can I increase this limit?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Ack! I knew I should've waited to region change everything before I opened the Wii Shop. Now I can't change the country back to Japan (I assume because my System Menu is "U", right?).

I'd like to at least try and salvage the Wii Shop though. If I understood your reply right, I'd have to:
  1. Region change to Japan using AnyRegion Changer
  2. Go to the Wii Shop Channel (or do I have to change country via Wii Settings to Japan too before this step?)
  3. Decipher the Japanese and delete the Wii Shop Account
  4. Region change to US using AnyRegion Changer
  5. Go to the Wii Shop Channel again
Thanks!
What you said is right, except I would also change the country settings to Japan just to be sure.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've created an UNEEK+DI EmuNAND using ModMii and it's all working.

The only problem is that Wii memory keeps with usual 2000 blocks even though my EmuNAND is on USB HDD. Can I increase this limit?
No, this is a hard limit. The Wii doesn't actually ask how much storage is available, it just assumes 2000 blocks. Your only option is just to create more emuNANDs.

Elindir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What you said is right, except I would also change the country settings to Japan just to be sure.

Apparently, AnyRegion Changer allows me to change the Wii Shop Channel to Japan, while keeping the System Menu and the others on US. I suppose it's safe to try and delete the Wii Shop Channel account this way?

odyssy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That cIOS is pretty old. I would use ModMii to get d2x-v8 and install 249[56] and 250[57].
So I did this, and now I'm able to play Wii games using the USB loader it installed!! Yeah!
A few issues remain, some are minor:
- USB Loader GX (which I had from before) now no longer loads under any circumstance (returns to the menu screen)
- the new USB loader (it's just called "USB loader") has the same behaviour if I remove the SD card (works fine with it in there).
- I can backup gamecube games, but I cannot play the backups (get a black screen and cannot do anything from there except holding down the power button to turn off the machine). I imagine there are other steps I need to take for this to work?

Elindir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That should be fine.

Managed to delete the Japanese account and create a new one in the US Wii Shop channel. Thanks again for the help in getting my Wii up to speed. :)

I have a few new queries though:
  1. I'd like to remove the Japanese News and Weather Channels from the System Menu (as the US ones are already there). I know I don't free up any blocks doing this but it's just something I'd like to do. I've read somewhere here that I can use WAD Manager to remove them? Not sure I understand it completely though (something about installing the Japanese WADs of the channels for their "tickets", and then uninstalling them using WAD Manager). Is this the same WAD Manager that I used in Multi-Mod Manager? I'd appreciate a clearer step-by-step guide to doing this if you have one.
  2. I finally got Cfg-USB Loader to work and created a backup of my Okami disc just to test the "Install" functionality out. Although the process finished writing to the HDD, I saw a couple lines showing "Read Error (-2)". I searched through the documentation but I couldn't find what this error means. Game seems to be loading just fine from the HDD (at least as far as my current progress is concerned), but I'm concerned this error means there was a corruption in the backup at some point that will affect game play down the line (e.g. game will hang or terminate when I get to the latter stages).
Thanks! :)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did this, and now I'm able to play Wii games using the USB loader it installed!! Yeah!
A few issues remain, some are minor:
- USB Loader GX (which I had from before) now no longer loads under any circumstance (returns to the menu screen)
- the new USB loader (it's just called "USB loader") has the same behaviour if I remove the SD card (works fine with it in there).
- I can backup gamecube games, but I cannot play the backups (get a black screen and cannot do anything from there except holding down the power button to turn off the machine). I imagine there are other steps I need to take for this to work?

You may have installed the older full-channel version of USB Loader GX. Check in the Backup Loaders forum in the support thread and get the forwarder and dol version.

Wii backup loaders can't boot Gamecube discs. You'll need a Gamecube loader like Nintendont. The Wii loaders can automatically call it when you start a game.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Managed to delete the Japanese account and create a new one in the US Wii Shop channel. Thanks again for the help in getting my Wii up to speed. :)

I have a few new queries though:
  1. I'd like to remove the Japanese News and Weather Channels from the System Menu (as the US ones are already there). I know I don't free up any blocks doing this but it's just something I'd like to do. I've read somewhere here that I can use WAD Manager to remove them? Not sure I understand it completely though (something about installing the Japanese WADs of the channels for their "tickets", and then uninstalling them using WAD Manager). Is this the same WAD Manager that I used in Multi-Mod Manager? I'd appreciate a clearer step-by-step guide to doing this if you have one.
  2. I finally got Cfg-USB Loader to work and created a backup of my Okami disc just to test the "Install" functionality out. Although the process finished writing to the HDD, I saw a couple lines showing "Read Error (-2)". I searched through the documentation but I couldn't find what this error means. Game seems to be loading just fine from the HDD (at least as far as my current progress is concerned), but I'm concerned this error means there was a corruption in the backup at some point that will affect game play down the line (e.g. game will hang or terminate when I get to the latter stages).
Thanks! :)
1. The simplest way to uninstall those channels is to use a combination of a WAD manager and an app called Yet Another Bluedump Mod. Use this app to create WAD files of the channels you want to uninstall. Then you can use the WAD manager in MMM to uninstall those wads and the channels will be gone.
2. I wouldn't worry about the error if it all works fine now. If it works now, the chance of corruption later is low.

random_human_being_

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I've recently bought second-hand Wii which was already softmodded; the previous owner told me a friend of his had softmodded it some months earlier (i.e., no more than a year ago).
The Wii is up to date (version 4.3E) and it has the HBC channel (of course), and also WiiFlow and NeoGammaMod installed as channels (that is, I can launch them from the Wii menu).

I also think it has BootMii installed as an OS, because on the HBC there is, when I open the menu, the option to launch it. Here's however the weird part: when I choose to launch it from said option, it launches some WAD manager 1.7 (or something like that) instead.

Here's the content of the SD that the guy gave me:
2.026.752 1 - cIOS252[57]-v21d2x-v3.wad
2.026.752 2 - cIOS249[57]-v21d2x-v3.wad
4.361.984 3 - WiiFlow mod 252 - WFMS.wad
3.360.768 4 - NeoGammaMod - NGMS.wad
2.506.688 boot.dol
<DIR> bootmii
222.656 startup.elf
<DIR> wiiflow

and here's the content of the bootmii folder:
170.257 armboot.bin
48 bootmii.ini
193.316 ppcboot.elf

Now, Wii games work just fine, but I'm also planning on installing Nintendont, and since WiiFlow doesn't launch Gamecube games (or so I've read) I was thinking of using USB Loader GX.

Also, I was thinking of installing Priiloader to Autoboot it. What are the dangers in doing so? Could installing Priiloader and using Autoboot brick my Wii in any way?
Keep in mind, I currently don't know how to open Bootmii to make a NAND backup (the previous owner didn't make one, apparently), and even if I could it doesn't look like it's installed as boot2 (if I switch on the Wii without the SD card, the disc led only flashes once, instead of three times).

What should a noob such as myself do?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@random_human_being_ Your softmod is VERY out of date if it has d2x v3 installed. You should get SysCheck (from that link) and post the .csv contents.

WiiFlow does recognize Gamecube games. You just need to be using a recent version and you need a loader that supports GC installed as well.

random_human_being_

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here are the results:

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)

Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 117685845
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Italy (83)
Boot2 v4
Found 87 titles.
Found 55 IOS on this console. 14 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS202[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS245[37] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7alpha5): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS246[38] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7alpha5): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[53] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7alpha5): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[55] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7alpha5): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS250 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS251[58] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7alpha5): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS252 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 02/18/2016.

@random_human_being_ WiiFlow does recognize Gamecube games. You just need to be using a recent version and you need a loader that supports GC installed as well.

So just putting Nintendont on my SD should work?

EDIT:

@random_human_being_ Your softmod is VERY out of date if it has d2x v3 installed. You should get SysCheck (from that link) and post the .csv contents.

Ok, now I feel really dumb, but by reading that log it seems to me that I have d2x v7, but then why was the wad on the SD card the v3? Me be confuse.

Last edited by random_human_being_,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@random_human_being_ You don't have anything installed in ISO249/250 and those are the two slots loaders usually use. You can use ModMii to create the WAD files. The relevant page for you in the program would be page 4: cIOS and MIOS. You can just enter "24956" and "25057" from page 4 to queue them.

If you want to continue using WiiFlow you need to get the "mod" version as the older one doesn't work with Nintendont. AballahTerro's master mod pack (link) has the current version in it. Nintendont can be found here. It isn't a WAD file so you just have to put it on your SD/USB device in the apps folder.

random_human_being_

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@random_human_being_ You don't have anything installed in ISO249/250 and those are the two slots loaders usually use. You can use ModMii to create the WAD files. The relevant page for you in the program would be page 4: cIOS and MIOS. You can just enter "24956" and "25057" from page 4 to queue them.

If you want to continue using WiiFlow you need to get the "mod" version as the older one doesn't work with Nintendont. AballahTerro's master mod pack (link) has the current version in it. Nintendont can be found here. It isn't a WAD file so you just have to put it on your SD/USB device in the apps folder.

As soon as I can use my Windows PC I'll download ModMii; I don't understand however what I should do with those two codes: what will they download?

Also, what exactly is this master mod? The website is pretty confusing, I don't understand whether it is supposed to replace my current Wiiflow version or what else.
The master mod website talks about v10; do I need to install that as well?

What about bootmii? I still have no clue of how to open it.

Sorry for all those noobish questions, but I'm really, really confused at this point.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As soon as I can use my Windows PC I'll download ModMii; I don't understand however what I should do with those two codes: what will they download?

Also, what exactly is this master mod? The website is pretty confusing, I don't understand whether it is supposed to replace my current Wiiflow version or what else.
The master mod website talks about v10; do I need to install that as well?

What about bootmii? I still have no clue of how to open it.

Sorry for all those noobish questions, but I'm really, really confused at this point.

I'll go backwards. You probably won't need to use BootMii. It's handy for if your system menu gets screwed up because it runs before the menu loads.

Abz's master mod pack is just the latest WiiFlow along with a bunch of other extras you can use with it. You can get just the boot.dol for it from here, too. Just replace the boot.dol that's already in your apps/WiiFlow folder.

The two codes are the menu entries for d2x cIOS for slot 249 and 250. (The code just means "IOS 249 with patched IOS56 installed in it.) After you select those and use "D" to download them ModMii will get the appropriate files from Nintendo's update server and patch them. You can then use a WAD manager like MultiModManager to install them on your Wii.

ModMii can also download a mod manager for you. Those are on download page 2 under "Wii Apps". MMM is the easiest to use but if you have WiiMotion Plus controllers you might need to use YAMM.

ModMii will generate a guide for what you download that explains how to use it. :)

random_human_being_

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Got it, thanks a lot. By the way, do I run any risk of bricking my Wii while installing cIOS in those slots? (I assume it must be pretty low, but still I'd rather know)

Abz's master mod pack is just the latest WiiFlow along with a bunch of other extras you can use with it. You can get just the boot.dol for it from here, too. Just replace the boot.dol that's already in your apps/WiiFlow folder.

Got it; if, instead, I wanted to install USB Loader GX and put it in the menu with a forwarder, would that risk damaging my console in the slightest?
Also, if, after installing d2x in those two slots you mentioned, I wanted to install Priiloader and set it to autoboot USB Loader, would that be somewhat dangerous? I read some post about people who managed to brick their Wii installing Priiloader, is that currently possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night