Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Defiledhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I will post my results later with a .ISO test. However, I have emulators and stuff on my wii sd-card, but they don't show on the homebrew channel. The homebrew channel is currently on 1.1.0 iOS 58.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I will post my results later with a .ISO test. However, I have emulators and stuff on my wii sd-card, but they don't show on the homebrew channel. The homebrew channel is currently on 1.1.0 iOS 58.

When you start up the homebrew channel, hit 1, and make sure "Internal SD Slot" is selected, then hit OK. If the stuff still doesn't show up, try plugging the sd in to your computer to make sure everything is set up properly. Your apps should each have their own folder, inside the apps folder on the root of the sd card (e.g. sd:/apps/example_app/boot.dol)

Defiledhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have over 3 emulators, each in their own file with boot.dol inside. When I press 1, it shows the "Internal HD Slot", but I can't press it? I hover over it and hit "a" and nothing happens. I have tried just hitting OK as well, but no luck.

Defiledhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have over 3 emulators, each in their own file with boot.dol inside. When I press 1, it shows the "Internal HD Slot", but I can't press it? I hover over it and hit "a" and nothing happens. I have tried just hitting OK as well, but no luck.

EDIT: I took out the SD Card and back in, and I got this error.

http://i.imgur.com/BAmqHsg.jpg

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I took out the SD Card and back in, and I got this error.

http://i.imgur.com/BAmqHsg.jpg

Yep: just take everything off your SD card except the Homebrew Channel (and BootMii, if you have it) and insert it into the slot. The main channel should be empty: then, just put the files back into the apps folder. Except the emulators: re-download them from the Homebrew Browser.

Defiledhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep: just take everything off your SD card except the Homebrew Channel (and BootMii, if you have it) and insert it into the slot. The main channel should be empty: then, just put the files back into the apps folder. Except the emulators: re-download them from the Homebrew Browser.

I took everything off like you said, I just kept the BootMii folder and the "private" folder. I went into homebrew and still nothing shows, it shows that there is a internal sd slot when I press "1", but when I click it, nothing happens.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took everything off like you said, I just kept the BootMii folder and the "private" folder. I went into homebrew and still nothing shows, it shows that there is a internal sd slot when I press "1", but when I click it, nothing happens.

You shouldn't have a private folder: just apps and bootmii in the root.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are those files mandatory for my homebrew channel to even show my applications and etc? Does WiiFlow replace USB Loader GX?

Yes, they are. WiiFlow doesn't replace USB Loader Gx; you can use either one to load your games. I just use WiiFlow because it detects my hard drive more easily than USBLGX.

Defiledhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it seems that either the reformat of the SD card or the addition of WiiFlow/CleanRip helped. Thank you for your help, Acid and Calmwaters.

If I use WiiFlow and save a game, will that save still work under USB Loader GX?

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes original discs work ok, and so do the occasional backup disc (although the majority of backup discs do not), so it appears the drive wants to work sometimes - it's not dead...

ur problem is beyond me, sorry :(
r u planning on buying a hdd? or a decently large flash drive? much more convenient than disks

Silver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ur problem is beyond me, sorry :(
r u planning on buying a hdd? or a decently large flash drive? much more convenient than disks
From what I have read online it seems there isn't a fix for this kind of thing (although common) - the only resolution seems to be loading via usb... which I will be doing. I will be getting a hdd - at some point!

I have a 500gb Seagate hdd but use it all the time for other stuff and backing up other files, so will just have to get one purely dedicated to the wii and storing wii backups on. Is there any set up which is preferable? FAT32 or NTFS (to also incorporate the larger games?) and then partition and store wbfs's on it (as they are smaller than iso's)?

Thanks for trying to help with my previous problem anyway - appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude