Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Now, tell me - is there any way to make the Wii play my music CD's? Is it just about using the right program?
The Wii's internal disk drive is DVD only. It can't read CD disks.
and I don't know of any music player programs that actually know what to do with an external USB CD drive.

In short, no.

SamuelMustonen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Now, tell me - is there any way to make the Wii play my music CD's? Is it just about using the right program?
and I don't know of any music player programs that actually know what to do with an external USB CD drive.

In short, no.

Okay, so it's not worth even trying.

PS: My USB loader channel just got really messed up. I'm getting some DSI-error, and it keeps going through some files before saying "restarting in 60 seconds". Any tips on this? It only just occured.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

In short, no.

PS: My USB loader channel just got really messed up. I'm getting some DSI-error, and it keeps going through some files before saying "restarting in 60 seconds". Any tips on this? It only just occured.
someone else would have to answer that one since I don't know much about USB Loader GX (I assume that's the one you mean)
They may answer you here or you could go to the USB Loader GX official thread to ask the question.

jtenma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I got a tough question.

YEars ago I hacked my wii. I let my brother borrow it. I now have it back. Syscheck dsi errors, all my apps that I tried have issues except hombrew channel. It is just a mess.

It is 3.2U and none of my loaders work, they freeze at usbloadergx sign. I just want to restart from scratch, anyway I can do that?

EDIT : aslo when HBC asks to update, it downloads the update then says when trying to install "there isnt a vulnerable ios on here" or something like that.....

Edit2: Homebrew browser seems to work fine though. But that is it. All my backed up games on my usb dont work either.

edit3: DOnt know what happened, but it just worked? Maybe a bad usb cable....dunno.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
OK, I got a tough question.

YEars ago I hacked my wii. I let my brother borrow it. I now have it back. Syscheck dsi errors, all my apps that I tried have issues except hombrew channel. It is just a mess.

It is 3.2U and none of my loaders work, they freeze at usbloadergx sign. I just want to restart from scratch, anyway I can do that?

EDIT : aslo when HBC asks to update, it downloads the update then says when trying to install "there isnt a vulnerable ios on here" or something like that.....

Edit2: Homebrew browser seems to work fine though. But that is it. All my backed up games on my usb dont work either.
I'm guessing you have cIOScorp or DarkCorp installed. I do and it makes older versions of Syscheck give DSI errors for me, too. It also doesn't leave any IOS untouched so HBC updates don't work.

If you want to install everything over again (basically install the new stuff on top of the old stuff, replacing it, is safest) I would say ModMii is always a good place to start.
It will help you install a clean IOS58 among other things which will let your update your HBC.

Reactions: 1 person

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In short, no.

Reinstall your cIOS, and reinstall the USB Loader channel.

vegeta18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i made a huge mistake! i updated my wii, and lost my homebrew channel, i tried to reinstall it with letterbomb(how i did the first time) and the letter was not showing up(i remembered to look at yesterdays date,checked to make sure i had the right mac address) so i tried bannerbomb, and i keep getting error 004- the system files are corrupted for everyone i try. Can anyone help? or is it impossible to remod my wii?

vegeta18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You sure you saved letterbomb (aka wilbrand) to your sd card before trying to use it? Also, presumably you're on 4.3U?
Yes i had letter bomb on my sd card before using it, and yes my wii is 4.3U

Assuming that you didn't or no longer have Bootmii as boot2 and nand backup?

umm dont know exactly what your asking,but i did have bootmii on my wii b4, same with homebrew, after the update they messed up and i tried to reinstall them but not working

vegeta18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i actually deleted the homebrew channel by accident, thinking if i restarted from the very top, i would be able to get things to work cuz after the update alot of my stuff didnt work. But now i cant get back the homebrew channel

is it possible to get it back?

my wii is 4.3 and i acedently deleted the homebrew channel, can i use brawl to reinstall it? if so how do i do that i cant seem to find the old brawl hack, i also have twilight princess

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootmii was installed as boot2 or as an ios. If it is boot2, you do a nand restore (presuming you still have your nand backup) and return your wii's system to pre-update condition. However, you rehacking would be preferable, if possible.How did you 'delete' the homebrew channel? From menu > data management?

vegeta18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bootmii was installed as boot2 or as an ios. If it is boot2, you do a nand restore (presuming you still have your nand backup) and return your wii's system to pre-update condition. However, you rehacking would be preferable, if possible.How did you 'delete' the homebrew channel? From menu > data management?

yes i deleted it from menu > data management, and how exactly do i do a nand restore? i dont know if mine was installed as an ios or boot2

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you may need to reformat your SD card as FAT for it to work properly with the msg board exploit

if u have bootmii installed as boot2, you can access bootmii by turning on the Wii with your SD card inserted where the SD card has the appropriate bootmii folder saved to it. And you don't need to do a nand restore, if u can access bootmii, u can launch bootmini.elf (for the hackmii installer) from bootmii's mini launcher

vegeta18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the option to format to FAT isnt there i only have fat32,NTFS, and exFat

i also just downloaded the hackmii_installer from bootmii.org and extracted it, and put it on my sd card and started up my wii with it in, nothing popped up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: