Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for being so helpful. I think I have 1 more question/issue that I hope you or whoever can help. I got everything set up with my SD card. I tried installing PriiLoader but got an error about something relating to CIOS36. According to the ReadMe it makes mentioned of HBC being at version 1.0.7 or above. That or I would need to fully patch it. I looked and I'm currently running 1.0.5. I tried updating it but after that it went to a black screen and my Wii's disc drive blinking. Maybe I was suppose to press a certain button or maybe it's a weird bug? I don't know.
Seems I need to do either the patching or trying to update HBC again. Is what I experience with updating HBC common?
wow 1.0.5? you're rather outdated. I'd recommend re-softmodding your wii. You can use modmii or a guide on these forums
Yeah, that might be a good idea. ModMii will actually have you install PriiLoader 236 mod which has the only difference of installing off of cIOS236 instead of IOS36 but it will provide a WAD for cIOS236, too. Newer versions of the HBC don't need either one to install.

I'm not sure I really understood what exactly happened when you tried to update the HBC. Is it that opening the HBC is now just a black screen, the PriiLoader installer is just a black screen, or turning on the Wii is just a black screen? If your HBC still works and didn't update the simplest way is just to put the installer (the boot.elf file) in a folder and put the folder in your /apps/ folder on the SD card and just run it with your previous version of the HBC.
Yeah, I looked up some Youtube videos to see what i was doing wrong. I guess from what i saw I actually had to click "Install". In my head I was thinking that I don't need to Install, I needed to Update. I just needed to sleep I guess ha. Pretty much everything worked like it should. I opened up HBC and got the update notice. After getting the Splash Warning screen, I got to the menu where I should of updated. I clicked "Exit" on both screens and I guess it than went to a Black Screen where it probably should of went back to the system menu. I tried updating about an hour ago, but WiFi isn't being nice to me today cause it kept failing while trying to download the update files.

I will try again later in the day, unless you guys think I should really remod my system? From the looks of it it really just sounds like I just need to update HBC. I don't really use my Wii enough so don't really want to go through all the work to soft mod it. I plan on trying to update HBC once more, unless you feel it's better just to remod it. Of course if the game still doesn't work after I update, I'll def remod.
So, if @[member='Maxternal']'s tutorial is too hard, then download ModMii and follow the steps (saying "Y" to the question about remodding, obviously)

Bumcats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late update. Thanks to everyone who has mentioned anything. I was able to update HBC and install Priiloader. I put in the disc just to make sure and looks like it will load. Haven't tested it out cause my extra Wiimote needs constant charging cause for some reason it doesn't want to last long. Even with new batteries. Thanks all for being so helpful.

SamuelMustonen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have a noobish hardware-question - Why does the Wii never power off completely? The light is on even after turning the console off, and it's always a little warm on the side. That's silly and must eat up energy. Must I freaking unplug the power chord every time?

I-Fatman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a noobish hardware-question - Why does the Wii never power off completely? The light is on even after turning the console off, and it's always a little warm on the side. That's silly and must eat up energy. Must I freaking unplug the power chord every time?

Is your Wii connected to the internet? You need to turn it off while you don't use it or your Wii may be overheated and brake.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

turn off wiiconnect24 and make sure standby connection is off in wii settings

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Another option is turning the "ignore standby" setting on in PriiLoader if you have it installed but like [member='Shano56'] mentioned, checking the standby option in the WiiConnect24 part of your system menu settings is the normal way to do it.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the disc drive (if a disc is inserted) make a noise? Preloader 0.29 and below had a silly bug which made the Wii be active even in standby.

wrsg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are some VC/old platform games just impossible to get working with injection?

A lot of games do work , but a few i've tried have numerous problems, such as crashing, no music, glitchy gfx:

Ogre Battle 64 - no music
a few SNES games - screen artifacts down the right-hand side of the screen, like horizontal lines or something
Zelda 1 NES - doesn't get past the 'Classic controller needed' screen

I'm using neek2o rev80 on a Wii 4.3E

vegeta18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay just had a virgin wii, 4.3 no mods. I just now installed homebrew channel and bootmii onto it via letterbomb. The modding went fine, my friend sent me everything on his sd card, which had a bunch of random ios things and wads. I did not install anything after that, and im not sure if i have to or which ios things i need to install, so after i get homebrew channel and homebrew browser, what else am i supposed to install?

He burned me the game super smash bros:melee and dragonball z budokai tenkaiaichi 3, both of them worked fine on his wii, but on mine they say disc could not be read. I tried running them in the disc channel, gecko, and neo gamma, nothing worked. Am i supposed to install some sort of ios or something? if so which ones and how do i do so?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay just had a virgin wii, 4.3 no mods.
He burned me the game super smash bros:melee and dragonball z budokai tenkaiaichi 3, both of them worked fine on his wii, but on mine they say disc could not be read.
Okay, the main problem here is that the newer Wii disk drives are specially made to be incapable of reading burned disks. Your friend had an older one where it was just programmed not to accept them so a little hacking would be enough to convince it. You will only be able to load back up games from a hard drive.

vegeta18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the wii is not new at all, i had it for many years, its just 4.3 cuz of updates, and i never did any hacking to it until now. I just installed ios236 but the games still dont work, should i just try modmii?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, trying modmii is a good idea.
You will need to install some cios before things will work.
USB loading works better than backup dvd's. Loading goes faster and you have all your games on one location. No need for disc swapping.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

got a few questions that the folks over at kc-mm can't seem to help me out with so maybe someone over here will be of assistance.

while I'm not necessarily new to the Brawl hacking scene, I have been skimming by for a while now with a very basic knowledge of how exactly everything works. I currently run my hacks through Riivolution, and I often experience seemingly random freezes while playing the game. This usually happens at the beginning of the match, just after the 3-2-1 countdown, though it has also happened mid-gameplay, I suspect triggered by an item. When it freezes, a high pitched continuous beep begins until I go up to the wii and shut it off manually.

Now, this doesn't happen every time I play, but it does happen frequently enough for me to be concerned and annoyed by it. Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? If you need more information from me I'd be happy to provide it. I thought that some of the texture-hack files I downloaded might be glitchy, but I've tested them all and they work fine, until they don't...

My other question, completely unrelated, is in regards to character PSA's. I like the idea of them, but I don't really want to be downloading them if it means I won't be able to use the character's original moveset as well. It kind of illegitimizes the game for me. As I stated before I use the Riivolution app to run my hacks. Is there any way for me to be able to put the PSA hacks on my SD card but then have the option to choose when I want to use them and when I want to keep the original movesets? Also, do I need to add codes to a .gct file or something to make custom movesets work properly? I don't mind switching my hack loading method, I'm just looking for some advice. I have a feeling I may need to reorganize everything I have soon anyway, though I'd prefer not to.

Also, I already have the .gct files for my Brawl codes in a folder labeled "codes" on the root of my SD card. These files are labeled "riivolution" and "RSBE01". I also have a Riivolution folder on the root of my SD card with the xml files "modlauncher", "ocarina", and "RSBE" in it as well as "codehandler.bin". I set all of this up so long ago I really don't remember much about it. If I want to add some new codes how would I go about editing these files? I assume it can be acieved easily with the Code Manager program, but I'm not even sure which files I should be editing. Sorry if this is confusing or I'm leaving any important info out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5