Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

gugagomes7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all,
I just hacked my wii with the help of some pretty simple instructions online and it works pretty well, and im pretty happy with it...since i was just trying to find out if i could actually hack the Wii i used an 8G usb stick as a place to save my games and plug it into the Wii. The only problem im having now is the fact that i bought i 1T hard drive to function as my game library but every time i plug in the hdd instead of the usb and open USB loader GX i get a dark screen saying "Exception ISI occurred".

Anyone know how i can fix this so i can use my hdd instead of having to load a couple games at a time on my usb stick?
Thank you for the help, its much appreciated since im pretty lost!

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all,
I just hacked my wii with the help of some pretty simple instructions online and it works pretty well, and im pretty happy with it...since i was just trying to find out if i could actually hack the Wii i used an 8G usb stick as a place to save my games and plug it into the Wii. The only problem im having now is the fact that i bought i 1T hard drive to function as my game library but every time i plug in the hdd instead of the usb and open USB loader GX i get a dark screen saying "Exception ISI occurred".

Anyone know how i can fix this so i can use my hdd instead of having to load a couple games at a time on my usb stick?
Thank you for the help, its much appreciated since im pretty lost!

Did you format the HDD to WBFS?

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think u mean fat32
also u'd want to disable the sleep timer on the HDD (if applicable), if the hdd didn't come with software to do it, then u can try ashampoo hdd control

I find it a lot more stable (more so than retail) to use WBFS in cunjunction with WiiFlow, even with my HDD with sleep timer on.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
i think u mean fat32
also u'd want to disable the sleep timer on the HDD (if applicable), if the hdd didn't come with software to do it, then u can try ashampoo hdd control

I find it a lot more stable (more so than retail) to use WBFS in cunjunction with WiiFlow, even with my HDD with sleep timer on.
When was the last time you tried FAT32? It's just as stable as WBFS these days.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think u mean fat32

A while back actually. i havent tried it since because of the 4GB file size limit (wouldn't let me copy SSBB or Other M).

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
i think u mean fat32

A while back actually. i havent tried it since because of the 4GB file size limit (wouldn't let me copy SSBB or Other M).
Files are automatically split by backup managers (or any loader that you rip with) to work around that. There is no performance loss. FAT32 works with everything these days.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think u mean fat32

Files are automatically split by backup managers (or any loader that you rip with) to work around that. There is no performance loss. FAT32 works with everything these days.

good to know! might tinker with it again some day.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
good to know! might tinker with it again some day.
You don't even have to copy the games back and forth to do the switch anymore.

Spansh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so massively noob i shouldnt post it, but im impossibly paranoid, so i want to know for absolute certain.
when playing "backups" of wii games, is it safe to use wifi on game which (i assume) records your progress online? as in, rpgs. can i go online with monster hunter 3, FFCC, etc, and not be worried about anything?
I really only want to demo the games (for mh3 i have the demo, and its kindof boring, was told the full game was far better) but im not too fond of the wii linked to my club nintendo account and credit card being put on nintendo's shitlist.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its ok. nintendo can't moniter every wii in the world unless they're 1000 years ahead of us
But what if they are monitoring mine?
and what if they are black ops aliens?
my paranoia knows no bounds.
People normally go online with these games on "backups" right?
pressty much all the poeple on gbaemp play online with backups. and no nintendo couldn't moniter your if even if tehy wanted to.
Ninty only monitors certain games with that said they are mostly known for banning people who deem it reasonable to use Ocarina cheats online. Fitting end for cheaters right?
Online;NEVER!!!! grrrr.... Offline; do what you want, but do cheaters prosper? depends some games I hate farming Gil (final fantasy 13 cough) I mean $ LoL
You can read my post about Wiimms Mario Kart Fun Edition here:
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__3995696
Basically I had the same question cause his new patch does a region fix where you only play with people in your region and with those custom tracks; if you read his response you will know it's safe. Have fun online :)

[title:Once I cheated on...]I forgot I had cheats enabled on Monster Hunter Tri when I logged online but I logged off after going around town and trying to figure out what shops they had and I've never been banned. So I think it's safe if you forget the cheats are on but never do anything that would exploit them.

Reactions: 1 person

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is their a way to make channels to start a game on your USB or SD card without going through a usb loader? I thought I remember something like that :unsure:

requiem_mortis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question regarding setting up SNEEK

I have been following the tutorial here --> http://gbatemp.net/t...di-quick-guide/

I have a (generic) 2Gb SD card. In setting up the SD card I have created an active primary partition
however when formating to FAT32 the maximum cluster size option available is 16KB will this be sufficient/work as the option for 32KB is not available for my card ?

Thankyou in advance

============== Edit ================

OK so I got hold of a kingston 8Gb Micro SDHC with adapter. Formated as per instructions ran the ModMii 4.8.2 Sneek Installer for chose US sys menu 4.3 (my real nand one is US 4.1) all 3 parts put my own wii's serial no. in. Used ModMii to extract a game Iso and put that all on the SD card.

Started Wii to HBC ...Home...Launch BootMii (I only have BootMii installed as IOS Boot2 is not an option) Wii drive light flashes 4 times in quick succession...

4:Failed to load the requested IOS (missing IOS, missing TMD/Ticket/content)

... but which one ? how do I find out what's missing....is it the game or something in the Nand ?

gugagomes7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i disabled the sleeptimer, formated to fat32 and I have no problems loading ISO's from my computer onto the HDD...my only problem is that when i use the hdd on usb loader gx it makes the wii freeze on the "Exception ISI Occurred" screen and i have no clue why

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson