Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm not sure where else to ask but is there any way to allow Tristar's WAD2ISO the ability to look for games in /nand folder in root of sd or usb drive I understand this may have a lot to due with Triiforce 78 being used but I see no harm in asking the more experienced.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Regulon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here's my situation: I have a v4.2U Wii that has The Homebrew channel and WiiFlow already installed.
My problem is that the external HDD that was used to install these is gone. How can I use a new HDD for this.

Do you still see WiiFlow on the homebrew channel? (No need to press home to access it). If so, all you need to do is put some games in the wbfs folder on the HDD (if you're using FAT32/NTFS), plug the HDD into the wii and fire up WiiFlow. If you need help setting up the HDD initially, feel free to ask

I had someone else modify it for me and I just got an HDD. I don't see wiiflow on the homebrew channel also, it's just a blank screen with the bubbles (i don't have the HDD connected if that helps). What file type should my game backups be in? ISO? And about the setting of my HDD: What should I name the folder where I put my games and should it be on the root? My HDD is NTFS.

joshl94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.staples.com/PNY-Attache-8GB-USB-Flash-Drive/product-nr_864657I
http://www.staples.com/PNY-8GB-Micro-Slide-Attache-USB-Flash-Drive-(green)/product_901154
've been told that these are thumb drives and that I can't play games off of themYet on the gbatemp list I see it on thereGranted its the premium version but if the premium
works then shouldn't the normal one work too?
I am very confused by this and need a definite answer. I would really appreciate it.I've also done some searching but still had no luck

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.staples.com/PNY-Attache-8GB-USB-Flash-Drive/product-nr_864657I
http://www.staples.com/PNY-8GB-Micro-Slide-Attache-USB-Flash-Drive-(green)/product_901154
've been told that these are thumb drives and that I can't play games off of themYet on the gbatemp list I see it on thereGranted its the premium version but if the premium
works then shouldn't the normal one work too?
I am very confused by this and need a definite answer. I would really appreciate it.I've also done some searching but still had no luck
USB thumb drives work fine on the Wii, I have used them many times before, for backups and just for loading apps off the homebrew channel. They just aren't recommended because you can only put a couple games on them, as opposed to hundreds of games on a hard drive.

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i finally got my wii settings to work thanks to you guys, for some reason i was still on 4.3u even though i thought i downgraded to 4.1. but now my router wont connect to the wii, it finds the access point with 100% bars, but still wont connect. and i dont think its the router (maybe it is?) since the xbox will still connect to it and the ds. what could be causing this?
i know im probly annoying but im so drained from trying to fix this wii myself that i need help

Will it not even attempt the connection test or does the connection test fail?

yes, the wii does find the access point with all the bars lit up (dlink router) and initiates the connection test but fails. Ive tried resetting my router and it wont even connect to it when its unsecured after resetting it. Can a softmod error cause this? because the router will literally connect to everything but the wii...
A softmod should not affect the wifi. Did you happen to enable the "Force Wifi connection test failure" option in Priiloader? That might be the culprit, but other than that, I don't really have any ideas.

Ok here's my situation: I have a v4.2U Wii that has The Homebrew channel and WiiFlow already installed.
My problem is that the external HDD that was used to install these is gone. How can I use a new HDD for this.

Do you still see WiiFlow on the homebrew channel? (No need to press home to access it). If so, all you need to do is put some games in the wbfs folder on the HDD (if you're using FAT32/NTFS), plug the HDD into the wii and fire up WiiFlow. If you need help setting up the HDD initially, feel free to ask

I had someone else modify it for me and I just got an HDD. I don't see wiiflow on the homebrew channel also, it's just a blank screen with the bubbles (i don't have the HDD connected if that helps). What file type should my game backups be in? ISO? And about the setting of my HDD: What should I name the folder where I put my games and should it be on the root? My HDD is NTFS.
Download WiiFlow and make sure it's in the apps folder of your SD card (it can go on your HDD, too, but the Homebrew Channel only reads FAT32 drives, so won't work with your current setup). Also, your games go in your usb:/wbfs folder (wbfs folder at the root of your USB drive) and can be ISO, cISO (compressed ISO), or WBFS.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have bootmii/boot2 and I have uneek+di setup to run from usb:\nand\ and I would like to have some ISO forwarders setup but the program WAD2ISO (or Triifroce 78) does not support nands inside other folders only in root of usb/sd. Will it provide any complications if i put a basic nand on my sd card with the few installed games that I want to have ISO forwarders to?

You may think this is stupid but my USB is neatly setup and that's how I like it yet my SD is a complete mess to say with all the homebrew albeit I do run some homebrew through USB I find it easier to have most run from SD; so throwing a bunch of nand folders on my SD really wont clutter up what is already cluttered LoL. Still there are some games for my son that I would like to have easier access to then having to scroll through different apps for the Wii. I know I could just install directly to my uneek nand but I don't always use it and some individuals would prefer to use USB loaders

If only someone could modify Triiforce78 to support \nand\ folder then there would be no reason for my questioning about it and I could just use one nand. I feel it's completely possible but I'm not sure if it will mess with my uneek+di setup if I also have a group of nand folders on my sd card.

Thanks in advance.

stardust2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i finally got my wii settings to work thanks to you guys, for some reason i was still on 4.3u even though i thought i downgraded to 4.1. but now my router wont connect to the wii, it finds the access point with 100% bars, but still wont connect. and i dont think its the router (maybe it is?) since the xbox will still connect to it and the ds. what could be causing this?
i know im probly annoying but im so drained from trying to fix this wii myself that i need help

Will it not even attempt the connection test or does the connection test fail?

yes, the wii does find the access point with all the bars lit up (dlink router) and initiates the connection test but fails. Ive tried resetting my router and it wont even connect to it when its unsecured after resetting it. Can a softmod error cause this? because the router will literally connect to everything but the wii...
A softmod should not affect the wifi. Did you happen to enable the "Force Wifi connection test failure" option in Priiloader? That might be the culprit, but other than that, I don't really have any ideas.
OMG you are sooo smart! That was it, i messed with those settings and totally forgot! Thank you so much, you're a lifesaver :)

Regulon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download WiiFlow and make sure it's in the apps folder of your SD card (it can go on your HDD, too, but the Homebrew Channel only reads FAT32 drives, so won't work with your current setup). Also, your games go in your usb:/wbfs folder (wbfs folder at the root of your USB drive) and can be ISO, cISO (compressed ISO), or WBFS.

So you're telling me to install Wiiflow again on my wii even though it has one already? is that safe? and about reformatting my HD can it be all fat32 and not have the ntfs partition? cuz i tried to have seperate partitions using easeus and it almost F***** my HD by perma removing its allocation.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So you're telling me to install Wiiflow again on my wii even though it has one already? is that safe? and about reformatting my HD can it be all fat32 and not have the ntfs partition? cuz i tried to have seperate partitions using easeus and it almost F***** my HD by perma removing its allocation.
HBC does not load programs form the wiis memory, only from sd or usb.
If you used HBC to load wiiflow it was never installed on your wii, it was on the now gone hdd.
Putting it on the new (or any other) hdd is no danger at all.

Imho there is no need for a ntfs partition on a wii.

I have no clue what you mean by "removing its allocation" but it is impossible to make a hdd unusable by wrong partitioning.

Tyrrael

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Sorry if this question has been asked in the past, I am not that tech savvy, I softmodded my Wii using a guide my friend gave me, it had all the files needed for a complete modding. Anyway after reading a while I saw some of the cIOS had newer versions, my question is, do i use ModMii to download the newer cIOS and overwrite the old counterparts, or do i need to erase them first.

Some info:
Red Wii 4.3U
This is the pack of wads I installed http://i.imgur.com/ISB98.png

Sorry for my English, second language

stardust2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I d/l certain games some of them won't work on either usb loader i have. Like i dl'd Resident Evil Umbrella chronicles and i would load it and the screen would go black and I would have to reset the wii. Also Super Mario Galaxy also does the same. I make sure to make them .iso if they arent already. Any suggestions as to why some games do this? I look on the comments for the download and everyone says it worked for them etc.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
When I d/l certain games some of them won't work on either usb loader i have. Like i dl'd Resident Evil Umbrella chronicles and i would load it and the screen would go black and I would have to reset the wii. Also Super Mario Galaxy also does the same. I make sure to make them .iso if they arent already. Any suggestions as to why some games do this? I look on the comments for the download and everyone says it worked for them etc.
Buy the game and it should work fine.

Tyrrael

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overwriting is fine, even if overwriting fails it's harmless (if it "fails" it will do nothing, and all it means is that u need to install\load a different IOS {ie. IOS236} that has the version patch and is able to "downgrade" IOSs)

Thanks for the quick answer :) will overwrite

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey. Quick question: I've been out of this scene for a bit now, and I'm thinking of purchasing another Wii. My question is, do the Wiis currently in shops come with some sort of updated firmware to protect against softmodding, similar to that in the PS3 scene?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
new wii's in stores now cannot have bootmii installed as boot2, which just means less brick protection (but still some). Also, newer wii's have a new dvd drive that cannot play backup discs, but these new wii's can still play backups off a usb-hard drive

basically older wii's are preferable, but ANY wii can be softmodded to run a usb-loader and have at least some brick protection

Regulon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have a game backup of new super mario bros wii that's in ISO file and i put it in a folder in the root of my HDD named wbfs. but when i start wiiflow it says "WBFS_Open failed: -1" What am I doing wrong? The ISO of NSMB is also kinda strange because when it was in rar format i extracted it and it's still in rar form and became 4GB. I tried to extract it again but it says "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged" so i downloaded it again but there's no change.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have a game backup of new super mario bros wii that's in ISO file and i put it in a folder in the root of my HDD named wbfs. but when i start wiiflow it says "WBFS_Open failed: -1" What am I doing wrong? The ISO of NSMB is also kinda strange because when it was in rar format i extracted it and it's still in rar form and became 4GB. I tried to extract it again but it says "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged" so i downloaded it again but there's no change.

well you dont use the .iso
you need wii backup manager get it here::
http://gbatemp.net/topic/188295-wii-backup-manager-for-windows/
then use WBM to change it to a .wbfs file then put that file in a folder named wbfs then play

stardust2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Buy the game and it should work fine.
big help, thanks...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol