Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Metalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi.
I updated my cIOS around 1.5 years ago.
Now when Kirby doesn't work, I heard I need to update cIOS.
So..Here is the question.
What cIOS can you recomend for a PAL console (And which will work with Kirby)
202[60]v5.1 rodries mod
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5.1 rodries mod
249[56] d2x v6
250[57] d2x v6

Use ModMii to download and install those.
CIOS250 gave me -1035 error while I pressed install.
I was using MMM with IOS36

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi.
I updated my cIOS around 1.5 years ago.
Now when Kirby doesn't work, I heard I need to update cIOS.
So..Here is the question.
What cIOS can you recomend for a PAL console (And which will work with Kirby)
202[60]v5.1 rodries mod
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5.1 rodries mod
249[56] d2x v6
250[57] d2x v6

Use ModMii to download and install those.
CIOS250 gave me -1035 error while I pressed install.
I was using MMM with IOS36
Try to use IOS 236 to install them, instead of 36. If that doesn't work, or you don't have IOS 236, run the IOS 236 installer to install it, then try again.

vsevolod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

i have a 3.2E wii w/priiloader and bootmii/IOS

so, i just ran an automatic Pimp My Wii update and now i have a "system menu is corrupt" message when i start my wii. i can still access the HBC through priiloader but i have no idea what caused it (it updated a lot of stuff). i launched a diagnostic on pimp my wii and it says everything is fine. i have no clue to what the problem is and how to fix it.

everything was fine before this. it was my first time using pimp my wii.

any help is welcome!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi

i have a 3.2E wii w/priiloader and bootmii/IOS

so, i just ran an automatic Pimp My Wii update and now i have a "system menu is corrupt" message when i start my wii. i can still access the HBC through priiloader but i have no idea what caused it (it updated a lot of stuff). i launched a diagnostic on pimp my wii and it says everything is fine. i have no clue to what the problem is and how to fix it.

everything was fine before this. it was my first time using pimp my wii.

any help is welcome!
Using Brick My Wii is never a good idea. You should resoftmod with ModMii to clear out all the crap that it did.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am curious about this. I know that pimpmywii is not recommended because it can often cause bricks, but what about it makes it so unstable?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I am curious about this. I know that pimpmywii is not recommended because it can often cause bricks, but what about it makes it so unstable?
Bad coding and the fact that you are letting it take control of your entire system at once. Even if it was perfect coding, I wouldn't recommend something like that. I suggest ModMii because it still does lots of checks before telling you it's okay to install.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That doesn't make sense.

I was asking why you strongly advise against using PimpMyWii ("Bad coding and the fact that you are letting it take control of your entire system at once") but have no problems recommending Priiloader, even though it is just as poorly coded and is known to have caused bricks.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
That doesn't make sense.

I was asking why you strongly advise against using PimpMyWii ("Bad coding and the fact that you are letting it take control of your entire system at once") but have no problems recommending Priiloader, even though it is just as poorly coded and is known to have caused bricks.
I believe the thing is that priiloader doesn't have a safer alternative . Heck it doesn't even have any alternative for prick protection for all the new wiis .

On the other hand ModMii exist as a better , safer alternative for pimpmywii so no reason to use the more dangerous app .

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't make sense.

Because just about everytime you here someone mention PimpMyWii is because they bricked their Wii. Because Priiloader only messes with the System Menu, but PimpMyWii messes with that, BC, MIOS, every single IOS, and channel. Because Priiloader's benefits outweigh it's risks.

We all know you hate Priiloader, and that you hate people not hating it.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I believe the thing is that priiloader doesn't have a safer alternative . Heck it doesn't even have any alternative for prick protection for all the new wiis .

On the other hand ModMii exist as a better , safer alternative for pimpmywii so no reason to use the more dangerous app .
I don't think even bootmii in boot2 provides any prick protection. If some asshole just comes into your house and wants to break your wii there is almost nothing that will stop someone besides kicking their ass.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

I don't think even bootmii in boot2 provides any prick protection. If some asshole just comes into your house and wants to break your wii there is almost nothing that will stop someone besides kicking their ass.
That's why I gave my Wii a shotgun and taught it to shoot strangers. Not too many visitors at my house...

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users