Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

  • Thread starter Thread starter richglix
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,711,868
  • Replies Replies 15,247
  • Likes Likes 14
GameGeek said:
Hypothetical question: If I installed a channel using a wad and later deleted it from my Wii using the system's data management, can I get the channel back by installing the wad again (keep in mind that I didn't delete the ticket)? In other words, would installing a wad whose ticket is already in my Wii cause any problems?
No, it won't cause problems.
 
k another noob question here, is it even possible to use burned wii/gc games on 4.3? bc every tutorital does not help and they all lead to black screens
 
DanglinDave said:
k another noob question here, is it even possible to use burned wii/gc games on 4.3? bc every tutorital does not help and they all lead to black screens
It is possible to play burned games on a 4.3 system menu. However your disc drive has to be an older version. The newer version put into the wii's starting around late 2009 had drives that do not play burned discs at all. If im not mistaken I believe it was the D3-2 and newer drives that will not play burned discs. Go to this link http://www.wiidrives.com/identify type your wii's serial number into it and it will give you a good estimate on which drive your wii has.
 
well the problem also lies in, i really do'nt get how to install the cIOS when i try to read a burned dsc it says "ERR DVD- R + nocIOS!"

but everytime i try to install something it goes black, same thing with the gamecube launcher installers
 
DanglinDave said:
well the problem also lies in, i really do'nt get how to install the cIOS when i try to read a burned dsc it says "ERR DVD- R + nocIOS!"

but everytime i try to install something it goes black, same thing with the gamecube launcher installers
You must have a poorly softmodded Wii. Use ModMii in my signature to redo your softmod.
 
Hey, question here. I hacked my wii a while ago using the "Hack any Wii " topic. I was on system menu 4.1 at the time. However, I want to update my menu, as well as cIOSes that are likely out of date. How do I go about updating my hack like that? Is there an easy way to know what needs to be done and do it?
 
anime_junkie said:
I want to update my menu
Do you mean system menu? because if thats the case there is no need to go any higher then SM 4.1. As for updating your softmod do as zizer said and use modmii.
 
I'm new to the modding scene so this seems like a good place to clear my doubts. So I just installed the homebrew channel and it works fine but now I would like to know what are the ways I could use to launch Wii ISO's from an SD card. From what I've seen the USB method seems to be rather confusing and involves more risk then I would like to undertake when I'm not so sure how the Wii itself works.

Any help would be appreciated
 
cyberaltair said:
I'm new to the modding scene so this seems like a good place to clear my doubts. So I just installed the homebrew channel and it works fine but now I would like to know what are the ways I could use to launch Wii ISO's from an SD card. From what I've seen the USB method seems to be rather confusing and involves more risk then I would like to undertake when I'm not so sure how the Wii itself works.

Any help would be appreciated
The majority of the risk with softmodding the the mod process itself not the device you use to read the game off of. You'd be better off going with HDD rather then a SD card, especially if you plan on backing up a lot of games.
 
Ryoku83 said:
cyberaltair said:
I'm new to the modding scene so this seems like a good place to clear my doubts. So I just installed the homebrew channel and it works fine but now I would like to know what are the ways I could use to launch Wii ISO's from an SD card. From what I've seen the USB method seems to be rather confusing and involves more risk then I would like to undertake when I'm not so sure how the Wii itself works.

Any help would be appreciated
The majority of the risk with softmodding the the mod process itself not the device you use to read the game off of. You'd be better off going with HDD rather then a SD card, especially if you plan on backing up a lot of games.

The only decent USB I have is 16 GB so I'm fine with an SD if it's easier/more straightforward, besides I don't plan on backing up a lot of games for now. I'd be appreciative if you could link to easy to follow guides on how to run the games of an SD and how to set it up.
 
Use Modmii to hack your wii. Follow the steps through the wizard and eventually it will ask you if you wanna load off a hdd or sd card.

Modmii is a computer program that will download all the files you need to hack your wii.
 
JoostinOnline said:
GameGeek said:
Hypothetical question: If I installed a channel using a wad and later deleted it from my Wii using the system's data management, can I get the channel back by installing the wad again (keep in mind that I didn't delete the ticket)? In other words, would installing a wad whose ticket is already in my Wii cause any problems?
No, it won't cause problems.
Thanks for the reply.

Another question: What if I deleted a channel but the ticket is still there, and I want to uninstall it? Would simply uninstalling the channel's original wad cause any issues? Would it be preferably for me to use AnyTitle Deleter?
 
GameGeek said:
JoostinOnline said:
GameGeek said:
Hypothetical question: If I installed a channel using a wad and later deleted it from my Wii using the system's data management, can I get the channel back by installing the wad again (keep in mind that I didn't delete the ticket)? In other words, would installing a wad whose ticket is already in my Wii cause any problems?
No, it won't cause problems.
Thanks for the reply.

Another question: What if I deleted a channel but the ticket is still there, and I want to uninstall it? Would simply uninstalling the channel's original wad cause any issues? Would it be preferably for me to use AnyTitle Deleter?
Sure, just don't delete the wrong thing a brick your wii.
 
Ryoku83 said:
GameGeek said:
JoostinOnline said:
GameGeek said:
Hypothetical question: If I installed a channel using a wad and later deleted it from my Wii using the system's data management, can I get the channel back by installing the wad again (keep in mind that I didn't delete the ticket)? In other words, would installing a wad whose ticket is already in my Wii cause any problems?
No, it won't cause problems.
Thanks for the reply.

Another question: What if I deleted a channel but the ticket is still there, and I want to uninstall it? Would simply uninstalling the channel's original wad cause any issues? Would it be preferably for me to use AnyTitle Deleter?
Sure, just don't delete the wrong thing a brick your wii.
http://gbatemp.net/t131884-noob-paradise-a...p;#entry3809387
 
JoostinOnline said:
DanglinDave said:
well the problem also lies in, i really do'nt get how to install the cIOS when i try to read a burned dsc it says "ERR DVD- R + nocIOS!"

but everytime i try to install something it goes black, same thing with the gamecube launcher installers
You must have a poorly softmodded Wii. Use ModMii in my signature to redo your softmod.

ok so will this auto-overwrite the softmod that i have on it currently?
 
understood that modmii is the softmod of choice, what I'm asking is, would it automatically overwrite the softmod that I have on my wii currently
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted