SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
Use ModMii, from the Main Menu, enter "S", then enter "3", then I recommend "UD"... from there, read everything. ModMii will ask some more questions and give u some basic info on s/uneek.

After doing that, if u still have questions let us know!
biggrin.gif

@JoostinOnline... all I gotta say is... pshhhhhhhh
lol

Ok seems like ill need an SD card for the WADs but this way itl spare my wii memory. (BTW, whats the max size for SD car that works for the Wii?)

Now that everything is already working on my Wii and im using only 1 Fat32 partition how will SNEEK (UD) affect my current setup, do i pick if i wanna use NAND emulation when i start coz it says 4.2 E/U or 4.3 E. My Wii is 4.3 U.

I'm just worry coz i don't wanna screw anything up with my USB loader since its working fine and i got a little over 100 games there...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Jehuty25 said:
How do you extract the homebrew channel 1.0.7 with wad creator? It always gives me a tmd retrieve error when I try.
You can't. Well, you can extract it using BlueDump, but it won't work if you try to install it again. When you run it you will just see the Scam Warning screen from the hackmii installer.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, 32 GB is nice, so i just install SNEEK on my main partition then and everything will be fine if I understand correctly.

And are there any drawback to NAND emulation from the external HD? Does it make anything noticeably slower than real NAND?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Jehuty25 said:
How do you extract the homebrew channel 1.0.7 with wad creator? It always gives me a tmd retrieve error when I try.
You can't. Well, you can extract it using BlueDump, but it won't work if you try to install it again. When you run it you will just see the Scam Warning screen from the hackmii installer.

QUOTE(ChokeD @ Apr 3 2010, 06:48 AM)
2. Use WadCreator v1.1 to extract HBC.wad from you Wii.

http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
JoostinOnline said:
Jehuty25 said:

QUOTE(ChokeD @ Apr 3 2010, 06:48 AM)
2. Use WadCreator v1.1 to extract HBC.wad from you Wii.

http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I tried this a few months back and it didn't work (error described above), but I assume it works for others if it is in the guide.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
I ran the modmii programme from the sticky thread. My Wii was not a virgin but it said to treat it as such if you want to rehack/update. Everything appeared to go fine. It transferred all the files to my Wii HD and Wii SD card. I printed out the guide, then inserted Sd card in wii and went to the first step.

'Run BannerBomb v1 by going to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf'

I went to the Sd card via the route instructed and all I have are empty squares.
So I then took out the sd from the wii and reformatted the Sd. Went through modmii wizard again. I'm still getting empty squares on the sd card page on my wii.
What am I not doing, or doing incorrectly?
Wii is currently 3.3E and it is going to be updated to 4.1e as per modmii suggestion.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
mabilouz said:
I ran the modmii programme from the sticky thread. My Wii was not a virgin but it said to treat it as such if you want to rehack/update. Everything appeared to go fine. It transferred all the files to my Wii HD and Wii SD card. I printed out the guide, then inserted Sd card in wii and went to the first step.

'Run BannerBomb v1 by going to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf'

I went to the Sd card via the route instructed and all I have are empty squares.
So I then took out the sd from the wii and reformatted the Sd. Went through modmii wizard again. I'm still getting empty squares on the sd card page on my wii.
What am I not doing, or doing incorrectly?
Wii is currently 3.3E and it is going to be updated to 4.1e as per modmii suggestion.
Are you sure you aren't going through savedata instead of channels? That would cause the problem. If you are positive that you are using Channels, try using an alternate version of BB1 from here.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
what kind of sd card are you using? If it's SDHC, try a regular SD card (non-SDHC)

edit:
If u already have the homebrew channel installed from a prior softmod. Instead of using bannerbomb to load the hackmii installer, start the HBC and load the hackmii installer from there.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
what kind of sd card are you using? If it's SDHC, try a regular SD card (non-SDHC)

edit:
If u already have the homebrew channel installed from a prior softmod. Instead of using bannerbomb to load the hackmii installer, start the HBC and load the hackmii installer from there.
I do have the HBC installed and it is an SD card not an SDHC card. So I have done the bit in your edit. And it has successfully installed. I'm now on the Bootmii page with four big icons
Wii
HBC
SD card
Settings symbol

Do I click HBC from within this page to complete Part 2 (NAND setup) and continue with the guide or do I back out of this page and load the HBC from the main wii screen?

Thanks

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
Settings symbol to access nand backup functionThanks sorry I realised that, after I thought the wii had frozen. Thanks for this.
smile.gif

Finally got to the end. Well I've got as far as having Priiloader installed anyway. I'll do the system hacks tomorrow. I'm too knacked to do any more now.

Thanks for the help muchly appreciated.

EDITED : @JoostinOnline Just to say I have only just seen this I do apologise. I think I saw my quoted post and moved straight to the post below yours thinking yours was mine. I am sorry, that was not on purpose.

QUOTE(JoostinOnline @ May 9 2011, 08:51 PM) Are you sure you aren't going through savedata instead of channels? That would cause the problem. If you are positive that you are using Channels, try using an alternate version of BB1 from here.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
mabilouz said:
EDITED : @JoostinOnline Just to say I have only just seen this I do apologise. I think I saw my quoted post and moved straight to the post below yours thinking yours was mine. I am sorry, that was not on purpose.

JoostinOnline said:
Are you sure you aren't going through savedata instead of channels? That would cause the problem. If you are positive that you are using Channels, try using an alternate version of BB1 from here.
No need to apologize, I'm glad you got it worked out. Besides, I blame XFlak for the problem in the first place (just because it's fun).
wink.gif

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed everything according to the ModMii guide. I have a 2GB SD card and a 500gb Buffalo DriveStation TurboUSB HD-CE500U2 EU formatted in fat32 by Modmii. And my Wii is now on 4.1E.
With regard to the usb loader. It appears on the Wii Menu page as an option but tells me 'please attach a usb drive' I have checked the compatibility list and it would seem my drive is supported. And I've tried each of the two usb sockets. I've pulled the files off of it and saved them on my PC and am currently reformatting it again.

In the meantime can someone confirm am I supposed to manually install something usb bootloader wise on my HDD?

Edit: Doing a full reformat with guiformat and placing the saved files back on fixed it.

daytona666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, could anyone offer some advice?
This is the first time i've tried to mod a wii and i think ive gone wrong (doh).
When i started to mod the wii i could swear it was on menu system 4.2 so i followed all the instructions for that. However after i had installed everything i tried to play a backup disc and got read error. Realised i had used a +r disc so reburnt to a -r but still got the read error so started looking back over what i had done incase i missed a step. But doing so i realised the system menu is showing as 4.1e.
So i cant be sure if... it was 4.2 and ive somehow changed it to 4.1e or... it was 4.1e and ive followed the wrong mod instructions (memory like a sive)
If i have followed the wrong instructions would this be the cause of the disc read error or is it more likely to be the make of the dvd which is a maxwell dvd-r?

Tried with both neogamma 8 and 9
Homebrew channel and priiloader is installed etc and apps work like wiimmc, snes9xgx

If it is due to following the wrong instructions do i have to start from the beginning again or can i just amend some of the cios?

If ths helps Ive done a syscheck and this is the result:

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.0/4.1E (v54450)
Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 running on IOS61
Hollywood v0x11
Boot2 v4
Found 83 titles.
Found 44 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 269): NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 273): NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 520): NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS17 (rev 775): NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS21 (rev 782): NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 1037): NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1550): NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3349): NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 3091): NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 3348): NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 3349): NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS37 (rev 3869): NAND Access
IOS38 (rev 3867): NAND Access
IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5406): NAND Access
IOS55 (rev 5406): NAND Access
IOS56 (rev 5662): NAND Access
IOS57 (rev 5919): NAND Access
IOS58 (rev 6176): NAND Access
IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5405): NAND Access
IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[60] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS222[38] (rev 4): Trucha Bug
IOS223[38] (rev 4): Trucha Bug
IOS224[57] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS247 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS248 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v65535

Many thanks for any advice guys

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U likely have a newer Wii (post fall 2009) which cannot play backup discs. Look into usb-loading. Short of replacing the dvd drive, no amount of modding will allow you to play backup discs... but no worries, usb-loading is superior anyways
biggrin.gif

also... i noticed u have rev20 of cIOS249 installed... what guide did u follow? I'm sure all the stickied guides at gbatemp do not recommend rev20 anymore... sooo...???

daytona666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got the wii back in mid 2008. I checked the serial and it was prior when they blocked the dvd drive.
which version of cIOS249 would you suggest?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Was the Wii ever sent to ninty for repairs? They woulda swapped in a newer drive when they had it in their possesion. How are you loading your backup discs? You should be using neogamma, cfg usb-loader or wiiflow (usbloaders are still able to launch games from disc). If ur loading backups from the disc channel, u would need to install darkcorp to do that... but that method is generally frowned upon and should only be used if u really really want to play backups from the disc channel.

I recommend cIOS249 d2x v3 base 56. The only way to get d2x cIOSs is by using ModMii. Download it from my signature, from the main menu enter "4" to get to download page 4, then type "rec" to mark all the recommended cIOSs for download, then "D" for download, and the rest is self explanatory, just install the cIOS wads using a wad manager (loaded with IOS236).

daytona666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its never neen in for anything so still got original drive.
I tried loading discs with neogammer 8 and 9 beta47.
I've got wad manager installed so ill follow your instructions for cios249 cheers your a star.

EndlessLoop6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people,

New to GBATemp, new to Wii softmod
Please let me know if I should start a new thread or where I should post this noob question

I got a semi-brick JPN Wii problem. No access to Wii system menu but HBC works. Currently using Neogamma R9 beta 8, IOS249 (Rev17) to play on external HDD. Some games like SMG or SMG2 doesn't work.

I am in US region and read something about Any Region Changer.
I would like to change my Wii to 4.1U (currently is 4.1J checked by Sys Check)
The reason I'd like to change to 4.1U because my Japanese sucks and mostly playing US games.
I'm not sure if the effect of Any Region Changer is the right solution to what I want as well.
I don't want to just run the Any Region Changer and fully brick my Wii.

Or at least I need some help on fixing the semi-brick problem please
Any link or point towards the right forum for me to do more homework would be appreciated
And I'll come back to ask more "prepared" questions

Thank you so much
EndlessLoop6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: