Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

DaClown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I'm in the middle of installing the necessary hacks to use an USB Loader. I already installed the Trucha Bug, Bootmii as IOS, Priiloader (and made a NAND backup) and now the cIOS are the next step. But I'm a bit confused what to install.

The first screen of the Custom IOS Installer 2.3 asks what IOS it should use. The websites I used as a tutorial (wiibrew, gbatemp sticky thread and complete softmod guide) advise to use IOS249, which deactives my Wiimote. Then I used 36 or 236 (the Trucha bug IOSs I guess), this leaves me at least with an active Wiimote. Now there is the choice what cIOS to install, and after that to what IOS slot. This is where I'm stuck. What cIOSs do I need, and to which slots should install them? Should I overwrite already existing IOSs? Is it up to me what slot to use?

Could someone please put me back on track with some advice about the whole installation process and the questions above? Thanks in advance

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I would recommend first installing with IOS 236. Then installing with base 57 and installing to slot IOS 249. Did wiibrew really tell you how to install a cIOS?

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
REALLY nice paradise
mad.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dicamarques said:
REALLY nice paradise
mad.gif
Do you know that people have a real live? There are not online for 24 hours.
To your problem:
I don't know a guide and I don't have a sd gecko, sorry
frown.gif
You need to wait a bit longer for another helping person, some people need to wait more than a week.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dicamarques said:
Hey is there a guide in how to load GC games on a wii using SD Gecko?
Thanks
Download this: http://code.google.com/p/swiss-gc/downloads/list ( the swiss-#.#-r#.zip file, # = a number)
And this: http://gbatemp.net/t277350-wii-swiss-booter

[*]First copy your gamecube iso to the sd gecko, and also copy the swiss dol to the root of the sd gecko, and rename it to swiss.dol[*]Now copy Wiipower's Swiss Booter to your regular sd card like any other homebrew app (/apps/swiss/boot.dol) NOTE: this can also go on the sd gecko, as long as you have homebrew channel set to load from the sd gecko.[*]Put the sd gecko in slot b[*]make sure you have a retail disk in the wii[*]Launch the swiss booter from the homebrew channel.[*]Swiss will start up.[*]Select your options (for the speed setting, you can choose fast, but if you experience problems with games, switch to compatible)[*]Select game.[*]When it asks if you want to stop the motor, you can choose yes, but if you experience problems, try again with the motor on.[*]Game should start
enjoy!

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just finished hacking the Wii using the Modmii wizard, it was a piece of cake and worked great, thx for that great program btw
tongue.gif

Now i just wanna know can i turn back on wiiconnect24 so my gf can watch her news and weather channels again or will that mess up something?

muppenro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I have had my Wii since the release, and about 2 - 3 years ago I decided to put a chip in it so I could download games.
I cant remeber what chip i installed, but i think it was WiiKey 2. The latest game i have play on it was Mario Kart, since then i havnt downloadet any games.

But before christmas i thought that i should play Super Mario Galaxy 2, so i downloaded it and burnt it to a dvd.
It seemd to work because the "title screen" was showing Super Mario Galaxy 2, but when I pressed play the Wii said that i needed to update, and I did soo (Stupid).
But it dident work anyways...

Any help?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dicamarques said:
Thanks, sorry for being mad
wink.gif

So another quick question if i have always the wii connect24 turn on, and a new update comes out does my wii updates automatically? .
Thanks
No, this cannot happen.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FIX94 said:
SS4 said:
Man, so much games out there are huge. There are too many PAL multi 5 iso out there... Now what program do I use to rip all the extra out and turn iso into wbfs ??
Was it included somewhere with modmii?
Simply use wii backup manager.
It would have been downloaded if u told ModMii to set up a usb-loader for u. Otherwise u can download it from download page 2 (or the link FIX94 provided). FYI, if u download it using ModMii, it can create desktop and start menu shortcuts for u too

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think i got it then, i havent looked too much into everything yet since ive been really busy with work, i havent tried anything since i SMed my Wii. So hopefully ill have some time on the week end to try it out
tongue.gif

camaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm back as a noob.

I have a PAL 3.2 running a Neogamma from Summer 2010 and CIOS rev13 or so, HBC installed... I'm in the US with it - don't know if that affects how I can update.

What can I do to bring myself up to date? Can I just update to 4.3 like a regular user?

I'm finding tons and tons of outdated guides with broken links and am not interested in bricking myself...

I'm running my games fine for now (not interested in running any problematic games like Rock Band or SSB) but I would like to bring my system up to date and prevent future bricking from forced updates. I don't run from USB - I run from DVDs. Thanks for any ideas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all