Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Macbook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M1r0 said:
It may be that the you got a "hacked version" of SSBB where they remove large files like videos. Also, it could be an IOS reload, I don't know if SSBB does this, or if the IOS/Loader can protect against it...

But I have the full version lol...
Almost 8 gigs of files.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. Bad IOS maybe, I know you tried different ones but try some more, look at the ones tried in the topic I posted above. And it still could be IOS reload...

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Helped me a lot
smile.gif

nikazone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alrighty so a good question here .... i've moded my wii and im running v4.2u and i want to update to 4.3 i have all the files and shat and i have MMM multi mod manager > so i run mmm to instal v4.3 and it says somthing like "i did not complete" so i tried another wad installer and still notta ... if any one can help thatd be awsome !

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikazone said:
Alrighty so a good question here .... i've moded my wii and im running v4.2u and i want to update to 4.3 i have all the files and shat and i have MMM multi mod manager > so i run mmm to instal v4.3 and it says somthing like "i did not complete" so i tried another wad installer and still notta ... if any one can help thatd be awsome !
dude, no need to update to 4.3...nothing of value in 4.3 that 4.1 (or 4.2) doesn't have....if i were you, i'd just use Modmii (link in sig) to update your IOSes and cIOSes if needed; by default, it'll keep you on 4.2 and update all else to what's currently optimal....

if you insist on updating to 4.3 your way however, just install 236 and make sure MMM is running on 236, then it should install wads...(before installing 4.3 however, make sure you first install IOS80...you will brick on 4.3 without it!...any 'good' wad manager will not allow a SM install if the corresponding functional SM IOS is not present)....

before any of that though, you should be making sure you have brick protection; bootmii\boot2 if possible, and a NAND backup regardless.... be sure to reinstall priiloader after a SM change as a SM install removes it....

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to update so that you can play a game, just install priiloader and generate hacks.ini then block disc updates.

Also, here's my noobish question: Is the OTP area in the Starlet protected by the NAND keys? Is it possible to read it?

montyzoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can someone point me to the 'How to play game cube games from disc' section in GBAtemp as i can never find anything using this search.

No problems now, I googled it and found it on WiiHacks

lewys87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, im new to soft modding the wii and i have a few questions (im on 4.2e).

will new games play on the wii or will they make me update? (if so can you get around it?)
does games have to be on dvd's or can i use usb?
can gamecube game files be played on a soft mod.

also can someone link to a step by step walkthrough on how to soft mod the wii. i have found two but they both give different instructions

thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lewys87 said:
also can someone link to a step by step walkthrough on how to soft mod the wii. i have found two but they both give different instructions
Use modmii, it's sticky, it will do the softmod for you and everything else you want to have.

lewys87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
lewys87 said:
Use modmii, it's sticky, it will do the softmod for you and everything else you want to have.

whats the difference between modmii and the other sticky called
Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below

the 'Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below' says how to play downloaded games but the modmii one doesnt.
also the later installs stuff like Priiloader ect which doesnt get mentioned in the modmii tutorial. is priiloader built into modmii of something or do i not need it?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lewys87 said:
whats the difference between modmii and the other sticky called
Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below

the 'Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below' says how to play downloaded games but the modmii one doesnt.
also the later installs stuff like Priiloader ect which doesnt get mentioned in the modmii tutorial. is priiloader built into modmii of something or do i not need it?
Modmii will ask you about brick protection like priiloader, it will give you possibilities for backups like usb loader and will download everything needed.

lewys87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks a lot. i will try it in an hour or so as i have a mac and need to get a windows pc. also if i mess up or dont want it on there anymore can i factory reset or something so it gets rid of everything?

i have two white wii's from the launch date so i will probably keep one on them normal and use modmii on the other

thanks for the fast replies

Downloaderz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im looking to sell my Wii which has been modded with the ModMii wizard on 4.2 (or was it 4.1). What is the best/safest way to bring it back to factory settings? I know that you cant remove all the traces, but how do I go about removing the mods? Think I have priiloader installed as well. Will the next owner be able to mod without any problems if he wish to?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Downloaderz said:
Im looking to sell my Wii which has been modded with the ModMii wizard on 4.2 (or was it 4.1). What is the best/safest way to bring it back to factory settings? I know that you cant remove all the traces, but how do I go about removing the mods? Think I have priiloader installed as well. Will the next owner be able to mod without any problems if he wish to?
It depends, u can remove a minimum amount of traces so that no1 will know it was modified unless they decide to modify it later themselves. Or u can remove more things so that even if the next owner decides to softmod he won't know it was softmodded previously. Or, there is a method to remove all traces so even ninty can't detect you made changes, but I wouldn't recommend it unless u absolutely have to cuz the method is a little risky.

To remove the minimum amount of hacks, so that the user won't know it was hacked unless they decide to hack it themselves, just disable any system menu hacks, and delete any custom channels on the system menu (or do a system format), optionally u can perform a system update

To remove hacks so that only ninty will know it was ever modified, disable system menu hacks, uninstall priiloader (u can skip this if u are

Dranter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, guys i recently tried softmodding a wii (4.2E) and felt pretty confident installed everything properly, following a guide ofc and reached the point where i started looking at backup playing. I decided to go with usbloadergx. When i try to run it from the hb channel it simply starts loading, the usbloader gx image pops up and then i get returned back to the hb channel. Underneath the usbloader gx loading screen there is a writing saying that it need some specific cios-es, like 249 and something else. In my mind i went (cr**) because i had installed it on 36 following this guide http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko
angry.gif
I returned to the cios installer and when i click 249 or any other selection my wii blue lighting starts sort of flickering and the remote disconnects so i cant do anything and have to do a hard restart.

Help would be appreciated
smile.gif
thanks in advance

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I donwloaded Modmii.exe and when i run it it ask me where to install, i tried the wizard to get a feel for it and it seems really simple. Now about the part where it asks me where to install it when i click on the .exe, do i have to install it on a SD card (Would using a microSD with adapter still work as well?) or can i install it on a USB stick?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.