1. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    Use ModMii to update your wii, the topic is sticky.

2. camaro

camaro Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks a lot, this app is amazing. But I'm getting "The device inserted in the SD Card slot can't be used." Can I run the installers from HBC instead?

Forget it, dumb mistake. Thanks!

3. ShadowLoom

ShadowLoom Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I just softmodded and downgraded my Wii for 2 main purposes, region free and watching DVDs. I have a simple question about the last point.

Is it possible to watch DVDs using Wii? Mine is LEF1216, so can it be that my Wii is just too new?

4. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    Could be too new, please enter the complete wii serial here:
    http://www.wiidrives.com/identify
    If you have a D3 drive or newer then you can't watch dvd's.

5. ShadowLoom

ShadowLoom Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    60% for D3-2, 20% for D3 and 20% for D2E. I might have to take a look inside but I don't have high hopes for it. Oh well, thank you for the help.

6. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Some questions concerning options in wii backup manager [​IMG]

DO i lose anything when enabling full scrubbing or does it just remove the garbage?

What about at the top, keep game partition only, remove update partition or keep all.

What do i lose when i get game only? extras? like what any exemples?

And if I only remove update, it means i get base version of the game with no update or DLC? Do I lose ability to update?

Also can i transfer wbfs to wbfs going from all partition to game only partition later or can i only do that from iso?

EDIT: BTW where can i go to download images for my game covers to add to the usb loader [​IMG]
    EDIT 2 NVM, found it while playing with WBM [​IMG] Now the only thing i wanna know is in the configurable usb loader, can we change video to system default instead of game default permanently or do i have to edit it for every PAL games I put on the usb loader?

7. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    You shouldn't lose anything by scrubbing. And you can remove the update partition, all that holds is wii system menu updates, nothing related to the game.
    I dont really understand the wbfs to wbfs question...

In CFG you should be able to change the video default in the global settings screen, if not, use the configurator program for windows.

8. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    thx, and do u know if there is a program kinda like the built in cheat we get for DS flashcart for the Wii usb loader?

And by wbfs to wbfs i mean lets say i make an iso into a wbfs with all partitions, then can i scrub it later and remove other partition by making another wbfs of it?

9. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    Yes, that would be possible.

10. shortz1994

shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    [​IMG] So my OCD for modding has taken over. Call me late to the party, I'm trying to get crazy intro to work. i downloaded the newest build (i think, the ones i've seen, have no update since 2010). can't get it to work. it will load my background i put on just for kicks.(1 time). an i added the short cut buttons to the xml. didn't change any names for the background, just renamed mine the same (cdisco). but it keeps going to the default with ying/yang, an stars.

here is what i did to the xml.

-

-
    -
    -

i used priiloader to get the id..
    thanks for eveyones help. peace. [​IMG]

11. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    I never played with crazy intro, but I've played a lot with crazy intro video.
    If this interests you, check my thread here
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189411
    It also has detailed instructions on how to set it all up and how to make your own compatible videos.

12. SacredFlamer

SacredFlamer Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Question!

I used the guide on this website to modify my Wii some time ago -- just after the WiiMotion Plus was released. I want to update my Wii so I can play newer games (and not worry about a BSOD when using the WiiMotion Plus, which happens often when playing certain games). Is there a guide specifically for doing this, and I'm just missing it?

EDIT: Oh, wow, did I miss that. Checking out ModMii right now; sorry for the trouble.

13. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Modmii is your friend....link in my sig...or the sticky at the top of this forum....

14. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    OK, i got all my games set up, my themes and everything is great.

Now about the WADs. I need to put my SD card in for the homebrew channel to work but if i copy the "copy to SD" files from modmii onto my fat32 HD (that i use for cfg usb loader of course [​IMG]) will i be able to run the homebrew channel without the SD card?

And where do WAD gets install by default? Can i install them all onto my HD to save my Wii memory?

I didnt pay much attention but i think they went either on the SD card or the Wii system memory during the whole modmii process.
    Now i got a bunch of WAD for games and VC and I don't wanna buy another SD card, I need the one I used for hacking the Wii for something else. SO hopefully i can get the WAD and the homebrew channel going without it [​IMG]

15. 10_0ARMY

10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    Question: What homebrew app to I use to convert save files?

I ask this because I just got the Conduit 2 and played through a bunch of the campaign and such but I learned the game is region locked so I couldn't play with my friends online. I downloaded the NTSC version because I was using the PAL since it was the first iso out. I don't wanna restart from scratch [​IMG]...Please help. BTW this is the first time I've ever had to deal with converting a game because of region lock [​IMG]

16. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    You need to copy the save files to usb, extract them with FE100 and properly repack them. You can also send me the both save files, go to the wii options, data management, saves, wii saves, and copy the both Conduit 2 saves to sd. You will now have 2 new folders on sd:/private/wii/title. Pack the new folders to a zip file, upload them to mediafire and give me the link, I will convert them for you.

17. 10_0ARMY

United States
    Okay, is this the only way to do this? BTW what is FE100...I'm not so good with abbreviations with this stuff.

18. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    This is the only way... FE100 is a program to extract and repack savefiles.

19. 10_0ARMY

United States
    Thanks for the clarity [​IMG] ...I may just start over it isn't the biggest deal...oh well guess next time I'll check if the game is region locked or not before I start playing XD

20. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Quoted my question since its on the other page [​IMG]

Ill add another questions as well. Seems like i cant extract my Gamecube CD from the USB loader like I did with the Wii discs I had. I also tried downloading some gamecube games but even though they show up in loader with the pocket and everything it says not a wii disc and won't load (seems like wbfs only works for wii games...). Now do I need to keep them as ISO or is their a way to store Gamecubes game on the USB loader or will I need a different program for that?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PARADISE,