Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished hacking a new Red Wii, and I have small problem. I have some .iso forwarders for emulators and the HBC, but they don't work. The HBC forwarder just black screens, and the emulator forwarders code dump. As I am learning everything else is working as expected, but these forwarders not working drive me insane. Any advice? And yes I did delete the no_ios_reload lines from the xml files but that made no difference. One last thing. I have some forwarders that forward to channels like the mii channel and photo channel. Those work on my Wii, but not this new one. Any fix on those as well? An answer before night's end would be much appreciated.

Thank you and merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

SUCCESSOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a 4.3u Black Wii for Christmas. Looking to hack it. Just wondering what options I have. I know Smash Stack works for US Wii. Is Lego Indian Jones hack just for Europe? What about the Yu-gi-oh hack? Does that work either of the latter work on US Wii? Are the any other options?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SUCCESSOR said:
Got a 4.3u Black Wii for Christmas. Looking to hack it. Just wondering what options I have. I know Smash Stack works for US Wii. Is Lego Indian Jones hack just for Europe? What about the Yu-gi-oh hack? Does that work either of the latter work on US Wii? Are the any other options?
no other options, and all three of those games will work for 4.3u Wii's.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SUCCESSOR said:
Thx. Any hope for playing gamecube backups on Black Wii's?
well, there was DIOS-MIOS but only a few games worked (only very basic mostly 2D games), and it is no longer in development.

The other option is to pay the $4 to get one of these, and then use sd-boot, which has decent compatibility (see here)

Also, does anyone know if sd-boot 1.0 is still in development?

downbhoy67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I today updated the USB Loader online on my softmodded wii, it has been asking for an update for months, but I always declined.
Did that, but then the HBC wouldnt and wont work via the Priiloader, v0.3b

On my priiloader start screen I am getting:

"Error autobooting HBC, maybe file not installed?"

Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this issue?

Brezentin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
My GF bought a Wii in Singapore and brought it to Russia. Then the Wii was connected to the internet and upgraded to 4.3U. Now I need to softmod it.
As far as I understood the only way for installing a homebrew for 4.3 is via one of the 3 games. It is a pain in the ass to get these games here so I don't want to make a mistake.
I found a local online shop which offers Super Smash Bros. Brawl - PAL version.
The problem is: the serial of the Wii starts with LKM1114 (RVL001-KOR) - according to http://www.wiidrives.com/list it is Korean NTSC-M. Russia is PAL region.
Which disks do I need to for softmodding - PAL, NTSC-J, NTSC-U or NTSC-M (if such exist)?
Did I understand correctly that there is no other way to install homebrew channel on 4.3 without having one of the three original games?
Is there any difference between the PAL and the NTSC versions in how the exploits work?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brezentin said:
Hello!
My GF bought a Wii in Singapore and brought it to Russia. Then the Wii was connected to the internet and upgraded to 4.3U. Now I need to softmod it.
As far as I understood the only way for installing a homebrew for 4.3 is via one of the 3 games. It is a pain in the ass to get these games here so I don't want to make a mistake.
I found a local online shop which offers Super Smash Bros. Brawl - PAL version.
The problem is: the serial of the Wii starts with LKM1114 (RVL001-KOR) - according to http://www.wiidrives.com/list it is Korean NTSC-M. Russia is PAL region.
Which disks do I need to for softmodding - PAL, NTSC-J, NTSC-U or NTSC-M (if such exist)?
Did I understand correctly that there is no other way to install homebrew channel on 4.3 without having one of the three original games?
Is there any difference between the PAL and the NTSC versions in how the exploits work?
yes, you will need one of those games, and because your wii is 4.3u you will need an NTSC-U game.
The wheelie breakers game is usually the cheapest of the 3

Pandazombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moded my wii an I have a 500g my passport external harddrive drive, I had a seagate for my old wii and configurable USB loader read isos from the hard drive just fine but this wii I start confUSB loader and it just goes straight back to the wii menu. I know that's very noob like and I'm completely stumped, please help me.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pandazombie said:
I moded my wii an I have a 500g my passport external harddrive drive, I had a seagate for my old wii and configurable USB loader read isos from the hard drive just fine but this wii I start confUSB loader and it just goes straight back to the wii menu. I know that's very noob like and I'm completely stumped, please help me.

Make sure you followed modmii or modifyanywii guide so you could get those cIOS's installed for usb loading.(IOS249/250/222/223/224)

shinobivsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, total wii-brew noob here.

Ive installed Homebrew channel and Bootmii via the bannerbomb method on wii-brew.
I am now completly confused as to how to run backups.
my current SD card is only 2gb so thats no good, not got a spare usb external with enough space for backups, so i tried a dvd, but i cant seem to find any options to boot that dvd, do I need a homebrew app? as every app i seem to find now says its part of the homebrew channel :/

also a friend mentiond iso's can be accessed over network share?????? any advice would be great guys! i know this has proably been answerd wanmillion times but if you google it every page says something differnt :/

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
shinobivsme said:
Hey guys, total wii-brew noob here.

Ive installed Homebrew channel and Bootmii via the bannerbomb method on wii-brew.
I am now completly confused as to how to run backups.
my current SD card is only 2gb so thats no good, not got a spare usb external with enough space for backups, so i tried a dvd, but i cant seem to find any options to boot that dvd, do I need a homebrew app? as every app i seem to find now says its part of the homebrew channel :/

also a friend mentiond iso's can be accessed over network share?????? any advice would be great guys! i know this has proably been answerd wanmillion times but if you google it every page says something differnt :/
OK, I will clear it
rolleyes.gif
Is your wii a newer one? Then you can't run backups from dvd's, because the drive is a new one. The solution would be an external HDD and a USB Loader. Or do you have a old wii, from the beginning? Simply give us your wii serial number, then we can say if you can play from DVD or from HDD.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
shinobivsme said:
got my wii on the year of release!!
smile.gif
OK, then you should be able to play from DVD's. At first you need the latest homebrew channel, press the home button in the homebrew channel and make sure you have v1.0.7 or v1.0.8. Then install IOS236, guide is here:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236
Make sure you don't want to play pirated games
wink2.gif

Then you need IOS249, get the latest installer here:
http://filetrip.net/f23351-cIOS-Installer-Xr21.html
Run the installer from the homebrew channel, select IOS236 for use to install, select slot IOS249 and use base IOS56.
Then you need a backup launcher, use neogamma:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

Pandazombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I soft moded my old and new wii myself, I followed the guide exactly but config USB loader still failed to read the isos on my h drve, it all the same stuff from my old wii and nodded the exact same way, only difference is the h drive is a my passport instead of seagate, but even when I plug in my seagate it still will not work.

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone- big thank you to everyone who's already done so much with the guides and resources available here. I'm new to wii hacking and just had a couple questions regarding the process. I just softmodded my 4.3u virgin that I got for Xmas following the Modmii guide. I also read the complete softmod guide and the any version guide stickied here but some things are still unclear on a few things. For reference I have priiloader .4 and hbc 1.0.8.

1)In priiloader I cannot boot to hbc. It says maybe file missing. Is this normal?

2) I have original discs I would like to back up. I know I have to use a USB loader because my wii is new. However, what is the fastest/best way to copy/rip/backup(I'm not sure of the term) those original discs so I can play them off the harddrive later? I don't have a Lg drive so I'm guessing it has to be done on the wii. I read some old info saying superdump was the best way, is this correct or will the USB loader from modmii do this? Also, will the correct cIOS be installed from the modmii installer? Thanks again guys- any help would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty