Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

zac320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, im about to modmii my wii and im just curious does it download a heap of large files as im currently capped and ill be stuck downloading things for ages, so im just wondering whether to do it now or wait till my nets back at full speed.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zac320 said:
Hey guys, im about to modmii my wii and im just curious does it download a heap of large files as im currently capped and ill be stuck downloading things for ages, so im just wondering whether to do it now or wait till my nets back at full speed.

Mine came out to be 244MB. Yours may be a bit larger as I was just upgrading, and already had my USB Loaders. But not larger by more than a few megabytes. These things are small.

jtime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iv installed HBC using the indiana pwns exploit on my black wii 4.3 and didnt opt to install bootmii
now i know i should install it how do i do it?

Autre31415

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other day I updated my priiloader to 0.5, not knowing yet about its bricking potential, the install went fine without errors or restarts so I figured everything was fine, until I realized I could no longer access the system menu. When I boot up my wii nothing happens, the TV just stays Blue and video mode, but if I hold reset I get into priiloader fine, and from there I can get to HBC or whatever apps I have on my card. So I downloaded 0.4 and installed that, which works but the system menu is still inaccessible. Is there anyway to reinstall it (I have a newer wii and its 4.3U to begin with and I have pretty much every cios you can find because I installed from the Softmod ANY Wii tut on wiihacks, but opted to update cios249 to revision 20b)

By the way, I did use NUSdownloader to get RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v513.wad and I figured that might fix it if I installed that but I wanted to ask first before I did anything, I've never experienced a brick before.

KMFDMlv

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Good day,
I'm getting a wii for a little kid, so I also got a Wiikey fusion as t is easier than doing a softmod. My question is, would there be any conflicts with the wii having both a modchip and a softmod?
Thanks

ItsXamot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first time in a long time that i used wad manager

i'm not sure what the newest wad manager is, but i have 1.17 installed

the wad i was trying to install is: my planetarium

the first install, i used ios 249 which wad manager 1.17 defaults as when you load it up.. it installed fine, no errors

but when i launched it from the system menu, it stalls for a second and then it restarts my wii and then ends up back to the system menu

then i proceeded to uninstall it and then run some google searches.. i read somewhere that you would install wads using ios 60

so i went ahead and repeated the process but this time installing it using ios 60

i guess i should say.. to my surprise.. same result, i click the channel, click on start.. bam wii restarts.

i am running a 4.1U wii with priiloader (not sure if that's an issue)
the last time i changed or updated anything was whatever was needed to get metroid m running

sorry for the long post, but the gbatemp community is the best and always comes through with help

thanks guys
smile.gif

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ItsXamot said:

the first install, i used ios 249 which wad manager 1.17 defaults as when you load it up.. it installed fine, no errors

but when i launched it from the system menu, it stalls for a second and then it restarts my wii and then ends up back to the system menu

then i proceeded to uninstall it and then run some google searches.. i read somewhere that you would install wads using ios 60

so i went ahead and repeated the process but this time installing it using ios 60

i guess i should say.. to my surprise.. same result, i click the channel, click on start.. bam wii restarts.

the last time i changed or updated anything was whatever was needed to get metroid m running

sorry for the long post, but the gbatemp community is the best and always comes through with help

thanks guys
smile.gif
Sound more like a problem with the wad itself than the wad manager. The latest wad manager is 1.7 if you want to try that, also make sure your cios is updated (rev 20)
I would suggest trying a different wad and seeing if the problem is still there.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KMFDMlv said:
Good day,
I'm getting a wii for a little kid, so I also got a Wiikey fusion as t is easier than doing a softmod. My question is, would there be any conflicts with the wii having both a modchip and a softmod?
Thanks
Nope, not at all.

ItsXamot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
ItsXamot said:

thanks guys
smile.gif
Sound more like a problem with the wad itself than the wad manager. The latest wad manager is 1.7 if you want to try that, also make sure your cios is updated (rev 20)
I would suggest trying a different wad and seeing if the problem is still there.

sorry about that. i meant to say i have wad manager 1.7 and tried to use that to install my planetarium.

i swapped out the old wad for a different version and same thing, no luck.. when launching the channel and clicking start, it restarts my wii to the system menu

then out of curiosity i don't think wii ware games are running? my virtual console games seem to work

i installed both using ios 249 both installed without errors

in addition, my old wads installed such as super mario 3, mario kart 64 and ocarina of time work just fine.. sigh..
frown.gif

ScottEh

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, so I have not touched my wii for donkeys, I sent it down to my sister a couple of thousand k's away with HBC installed on 3.2E. Anyway she has just bought The Sims 3 PAL retail copy, it loads up on the menu screen but when she goes to play the game it just goes to a blank screen. How would she go about getting the game to work without her bricking the console haha.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cheers.

ankc

Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming i don't have BootMii installed or any brick protection is there any way to recover a bricked wii?

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a preemptive noob question...
I've modded several of the Original (White) Wii's with no problems, however, I will be getting a new Red Wii (Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary).
(Besides the color) Is there any difference between the new Red Wii's and the original White Wii's?
and is there anything special that needs to be done in order to softmod them, or does ModMii cover the Red Wii's too?

Matekking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi, could you please help me?

I've got a 4.3E WiiKey modded wii, and I burned Epic Mickey on DVD, but it keeps telling me "This disc could not be read" just before the safety message screen. I can start it from the Wii Menu, the logo of it shows up correctly, and NeoGamma seems to load it fine, but every time I get that message. I've burned it twice, on totally clean DVDs, verified them against the ISO file, and every other game burned on the same kind of DVDs work fine.

Also, I installed the 4.3E update from the disc.

Any ideas?

eth3rton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No step #4 : Install custom IOS 202[57], 222[38] & 223[37] [Hermes v5], 249[56] & 250[37] [Waninkoko v20] to your wii.

Confused here...

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eth3rton said:
No step #4 : Install custom IOS 202[57], 222[38] & 223[37] [Hermes v5], 249[56] & 250[37] [Waninkoko v20] to your wii.

Confused here...
You are talking about IOS, not ISO (as typo'd in the last post).
I believe that guide has you email a person to obtain the files... Under the "Modify 4.2/4.3" section.

I prefer to use ModMii, instead of the "get this from here, email me for this... meet a guy in the back ally for that" guide
tongue.gif

ModMii (http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-windows) will download all of the needed files (as well as cIOS's) for you, and THEN even create a custom guide for you for the operation that you are doing. I find it a little more straight forward.

Hope that helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge