Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
miewer said:
Hello, I'm a lurker...I'm shy in real life too
blush.gif

Ok, I have a Lu64 wii.

Hacked pretty soon after purchase, (little cousin sat on disc left on couch early on, decided to research backups!) have been playing backups on usbloader gx ever since with the exception of rockband 2. Made a copy via WBFS & burned to disc cuz all anyone ever wants to play is Rockband2, including me
tongue.gif
& I was tired of having to go load it for them EVERY time . It would load in the disc channel like any other disk.

Naturally we got rockband 3 & the kids; not seeing any difference put the disc in & my wii is now on 4.3, homebrew is gone & replaced with everybody votes channel & usbloader gx won't work. There is a channel (I know it's merely a forwarder), but nothing happens when you press it.

I had priloader but don't know if the (hack file?) was on my sd, usbloader gx & another disc loader; forget the name (maybe wanikoko) didn't show up in the disk channel when loaded through there, but never used it after usbloader gx. Backed up nand long time ago, probably when first hacked. Have cioscorp, what versions I don't remember but can look through files on computer & see if saved & had/have? IOS 249. Remember because almost every game used it on usbloader. I haven't updated for months as all my games worked on usb, including all the rockband games (Beatles, track packs, etc).

The only temperamental game was band hero & I just let them use the real disk & cautioned them as it wasn't worth the trouble trying to keep figuring it out because they were the only ones playing it.

Sooooo, is there any hope for me? Can I get homebrew back & usbloader gx working again?
cry.gif

Oh...& I did search, but I must be using the wrong words, I have read many posts, either that or I'm the only one dumb enough to leave a spankin new game around my little cousins
Just use modmii, or the modify any wii 4.3 and below guide (both are stickied at the top of the wii hacking section). If the homebrew channel got removed you will need a legitament copy of either Super Smash bros. (only for NTSC) or Lego Indiana jones, or the yugio game (forget the name, modmii or the guide will tell you) to load the homebrew channel installer. Once you finish following the guide just make sure that the cios's have been installed (should be if you followed the directions) and put the USB loader of your choice on your sd card. If the usbloader gx channel was working prior to the update, than it should work fine without any changes after re-installing the cios.

As for which one to use (modmii or the guide) I would suggest modmii, as it downloads all the files for you and creates a custom guide depending on the information you entered. When it asks you, just make sure you say that you are hacking a virgin wii on 4.3

Also, after the wii has been hacked, I would suggest installing priiloader and disabling disk updates, it will block disk updates, and the game will still run.

Hope this was helpful
smile.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
miewer said:
Hello, I'm a lurker...I'm shy in real life too
blush.gif

Ok, I have a Lu64 wii.
Hacked pretty soon after purchase, (little cousin sat on disc left on couch early on, decided to research backups!) have been playing backups on usbloader gx ever since with the exception of rockband 2. Made a copy via WBFS & burned to disc cuz all anyone ever wants to play is Rockband2, including me
tongue.gif
& I was tired of having to go load it for them EVERY time . It would load in the disc channel like any other disk.

Naturally we got rockband 3 & the kids; not seeing any difference put the disc in & my wii is now on 4.3, homebrew is gone & replaced with everybody votes channel & usbloader gx won't work. There is a channel (I know it's merely a forwarder), but nothing happens when you press it.

I had priloader but don't know if the (hack file?) was on my sd, usbloader gx & another disc loader; forget the name (maybe wanikoko) didn't show up in the disk channel when loaded through there, but never used it after usbloader gx. Backed up nand long time ago, probably when first hacked. Have cioscorp, what versions I don't remember but can look through files on computer & see if saved & had/have? IOS 249. Remember because almost every game used it on usbloader. I haven't updated for months as all my games worked on usb, including all the rockband games (Beatles, track packs, etc).

The only temperamental game was band hero & I just let them use the real disk & cautioned them as it wasn't worth the trouble trying to keep figuring it out because they were the only ones playing it.

Sooooo, is there any hope for me? Can I get homebrew back & usbloader gx working again?
cry.gif

Oh...& I did search, but I must be using the wrong words, I have read many posts, either that or I'm the only one dumb enough to leave a spankin new game around my little cousins

Use the usb forwarder channel (if its still there) and put the hbc installer boot.dol where the usb loader gx boot.dol is suppose to be and install it from there.
If there is no other way then you will need a retail copy of SSBB or Indiana Jones or Yu-gi-oh 5D's

Reinstall HBC and bootmii as boot2 or ios. Make a backup.

Now follow this guide from step 3 to the bottom.

Once done update to Darkcorp v1.1. Its the updated cioscorp.

EDIT: aww ninja'd and ya i noticed that after i wrote it lol

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Riley (above post)

Just going to point out that if his wii was updated he wouldn't have priiloder anymore, because the system update removes it

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it ok to accpet Nintendos term and conditions in the system menu, im not able to connect to the Rock Band 3 shop until i do this. Is it ok to do this, or will nintendo update my Wiikey 4.2FW Wii without my knowing???

miewer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both! & yes you have been very helpful...I w/follow the directions you've given me (tomorrow it's very late now) & report back.

Thank you again, most grateful

ankc

Trophies
XP
Country
if a particular game has a firmware update does this mean that all regions of that game will have the same update?thx

kosjka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have some questions about SNEEK i'd like to ask here.

1. How do you brick-block your backups when they are to be used with SNEEK. With cIOS i've just used WBFS Manager but I understand that WBFS isn't compatible with SNEEK backup loading and my plain ISOs might have firmware updates on themselves.

Since it's just virtual NAND maybe it's not that dangerous to play them unscrubbed and maybe it's not dangerous at all with firmware updates in SNEEK but I would like to know it for sure before I start the whole SNEEK installation process.

2. If you follow the guide on gbatemp is it dangerous to revirgin your wii in order to get a virgin nand.
3. I made a NAND backup when i installed the homebrew channel, am I able to use that NAND in the SNEEK process?
4. Is it possible to transfer saves to my SNEEK-NAND, I don't care about my past saves but i'm currently playing 2 games and it would suck to lose those saves(one of those games are ntsc and I have a PAL-wii).

ZeroX_9876

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a questions that haven't been answered yet in another topic.

My backup of donkey kong country returns doesn't work (error 002). I have 4.1U with wasabi DX on 3.0 firmware and I don,t want to softmod THAT wii ( my other one is).
Do I need the 4.3 system update to play the game?

If yes than I'll do it, but I just want to be sure that updating to 4.3 won't screwed up my wasabi DX.
Thanks

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ZeroX_9876 said:
I have a questions that haven't been answered yet in another topic.

My backup of donkey kong country returns doesn't work (error 002). I have 4.1U with wasabi DX on 3.0 firmware and I don,t want to softmod THAT wii ( my other one is).
Do I need the 4.3 system update to play the game?

If yes than I'll do it, but I just want to be sure that updating to 4.3 won't screwed up my wasabi DX.
Thanks
don't think so, maybe you should update your wasabi to 3.0 first, if it fail to play then yes update to 4.3

DryBones87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just bought donkey kong country returns (havent bought a new wii game in awhile) and how do i get around the wii system update to play with game without ruining my homebrew? I still have 3.4 I believe

koiulpoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any USB Loader that will launch off a set of files, besides SNEEK?

For example, say I extract (using DiskEX) all the files out of a game I've ripped to a .wbfs file, and then go and replace some of them. Is there any way to then launch this modified version, in-place? Or do I need to rebuild an iso/wbfs file somehow? If the answer is "rebuild", how would I go about doing that?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DryBones87 said:
i just bought donkey kong country returns (havent bought a new wii game in awhile) and how do i get around the wii system update to play with game without ruining my homebrew? I still have 3.4 I believe
You could load it through gecko every time you want to play the game, but the easier way would be to either use startpatch or priiloader to disable disk updates.

Now, I've got a question.
I want to make a dol that loads a channel, not a channel that forwards to a dol. I want this so I can load channels from the homebrew channel, instead of having to go back to the wii menu, so is there any program that can do this? I know that its possible to do because I've seen it done, but I have no clue where I would start with making my own from scratch.

Nilxchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been away from the Wii 'game' for about 5 months, and am wondering what's new/what I should do.

I am still on 4.1U (best one IMO) and have heard about SNEEK and Triiforce, but never figured out how they should work.

I am about to update my priiloader to 0.6beta and my Homebrew Browser to 0.3.9b so I'll catch up on all the apps.

Also, I'm currently using Configurable USB Loader, but have heard good things about WiiFlow. What are the advantages?

Finally, my cIOS is 249 rev20 and I forget my Hermes. What are the latest ones?

Thanks for the help in advance!

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nilxchaos said:
Well, I've been away from the Wii 'game' for about 5 months, and am wondering what's new/what I should do.

I am still on 4.1U (best one IMO) and have heard about SNEEK and Triiforce, but never figured out how they should work.
SNEEK emulates the nand, which lets you do anything you want to the emulated nand, and not effect the real nand. If you want to try it the easiest way to get it would be to use modmii

I am about to update my priiloader to 0.6beta and my Homebrew Browser to 0.3.9b so I'll catch up on all the apps.

Also, I'm currently using Configurable USB Loader, but have heard good things about WiiFlow. What are the advantages?
Dont use it, so im not sure what it has over cfg, other than the fact that it looks much nicer. You can read about it here though.

cIOSX rev20b, but rev21 should come out soon, it is currently being tested according to waninkoko's twitter. I believe Hermes latest is 5.1

Nilxchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
Nilxchaos said:

SNEEK emulates the nand, which lets you do anything you want to the emulated nand, and not effect the real nand. If you want to try it the easiest way to get it would be to use modmii

Dont use it, so im not sure what it has over cfg, other than the fact that it looks much nicer. You can read about it here though.

cIOSX rev20b, but rev21 should come out soon, it is currently being tested according to waninkoko's twitter. I believe Hermes latest is 5.1

I don't think I really need SNEEK then, it'd just be a waste of space.

Okay, I was just wondering about WiiFlow.

I'm pretty sure I'm on 20b, but not at all sure on Hermes.

Anything else big I've missed? I think I saw a topic on freaking GC games on USB???

And what is the latest way to update IOS's?

OOH and how do I get all those cool NSMB hacks? I already have Brawl+ (how do I enable that through CFGLoader btw?

Thanks for the answers!

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nilxchaos said:
person66 said:
Nilxchaos said:

I don't think I really need SNEEK then, it'd just be a waste of space.

Okay, I was just wondering about WiiFlow.

I'm pretty sure I'm on 20b, but not at all sure on Hermes.

Anything else big I've missed? I think I saw a topic on freaking GC games on USB???
DIOS-MIOS, yes, but it is of no use for regular users, you will have to know how to compile and use it (and it requires SNEEK) but even then, the compatibility is currently

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
OK; I got another question. If I delete my Shop Channel account but keep my titles in my SD card, can I still play the titles? Also, can I make a new account in the same region if I have deleted the old one?

miewer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miewer said:
Thank you both! & yes you have been very helpful...I w/follow the directions you've given me (tomorrow it's very late now) & report back.

Thank you again, most grateful

I just realized we don't have any of those games! I'll have to wait until we buy one of them, probably Indiana Jones.

Thanks for your help! Just got a get a game now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?