eth3rton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twig123 said:
eth3rton said:
No step #4 : Install custom IOS 202[57], 222[38] & 223[37] [Hermes v5], 249[56] & 250[37] [Waninkoko v20] to your wii.

Confused here...
You are talking about IOS, not ISO (as typo'd in the last post).
I believe that guide has you email a person to obtain the files... Under the "Modify 4.2/4.3" section.

I prefer to use ModMii, instead of the "get this from here, email me for this... meet a guy in the back ally for that" guide
tongue.gif

ModMii (http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-windows) will download all of the needed files (as well as cIOS's) for you, and THEN even create a custom guide for you for the operation that you are doing. I find it a little more straight forward.

Hope that helps

OMG Yes! Before I do what needs to be done with the files I already attempted to load? (cIOS, ect...)

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rensato said:
How can I load a game from a usb using a loader in system menu 4.3?
I have been trying for some time... but I can't get the loaders to work
We need more info. Have you even softmodded yet? Have you installed a cIOS? (or a stable one at that).
If you followed the guide here, you may have done something wrong. Go back and check.

eth3rton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far so good!! Thank you guys!!

edit : I have a 320gb WD External HDD. It needs to be formatted to FAT32 correct? The only options are for NTFS & exFAT. The FAT32_GUI_Formatter won't even recognize the drive....

re-edit : Got it. used a program called EASEUS ALL-IN-ONE Partition Manager.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eth3rton said:
So far so good!! Thank you guys!!

edit : I have a 320gb WD External HDD. It needs to be formatted to FAT32 correct? The only options are for NTFS & exFAT. The FAT32_GUI_Formatter won't even recognize the drive....

re-edit : Got it. used a program called EASEUS ALL-IN-ONE Partition Manager.
Nice... was just hitting reply when I saw the re-edit
tongue.gif

I use personally use WBFS instead of FAT32, but either way I believe the software "Wii Backup Manager" (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188295) can format the drive to WBFS/FAT32/NTFS, as well as manage/add Wii games on the drive.

jackemw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys,

just wondering if there is a homebrew app that can tell you all your softmods in one list, with versions included

also ive been in the dark for a while now, what is this new sneak patch business and where do i go to install it, ive used it in neogammer r19 to get mario all stars working but thats it

thanks in advance

Autre31415

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other day I updated my priiloader to 0.5, not knowing yet about its bricking potential, the install went fine without errors or restarts so I figured everything was fine, until I realized I could no longer access the system menu. When I boot up my wii nothing happens, the TV just stays Blue and video mode, but if I hold reset I get into priiloader fine, and from there I can get to HBC or whatever apps I have on my card. So I downloaded 0.4 and installed that, which works but the system menu is still inaccessible. Is there anyway to reinstall it (I have a newer wii and its 4.3U to begin with and I have pretty much every cios you can find because I installed from the Softmod ANY Wii tut on wiihacks, but opted to update cios249 to revision 20b)

By the way, I did use NUSdownloader to get RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v513.wad and I figured that might fix it if I installed that but I wanted to ask first before I did anything, I've never experienced a brick before.

Jebs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me out here. I got a NTSC-J chipped Wii on old firmware (can't remember version number but I remember having to truncha bug Smash Bros to play it?), So I'm assuming it's 3.2 or 3.3.

Anyhow, I'm looking to update via the complete softmod guide. However, I would like to change it to english menu if possible. Can I do that after I softmod or will I have to do it beforehand? Also, I recall that the games were region locked(?) and could only play if I changed the region via truncha. I am planning on using a usb loader and loading the games from a hdd, will I still need to change region on the games on the iso level somehow? Also, any recommendations on the best usb loader out there? Thanks!

EDIT: Also, one more thing. Is there a difference between ModMii and the complete softmod guide? Is one of them better than the other?

eth3rton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything seems to be working so far! Quick questions though.

- How do I download the covers to the games on the HDD? Will ModMii do that? I couldn't find it in the app...

edit : found this one in the menu options.

- Do we have to hit the reset button every time they want to switch games?

Thanks everyone!

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using a WBFS partition on my USB HDD. How can set it up as a FAT32 drive? Also, i hear you have to split the files, but is there some software that automatically handles all the loading of .iso's instead of doing it manually?

It's going to be such a pain movin 100GBs of isos.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
eth3rton said:

- How do I download the covers to the games on the HDD? Will ModMii do that? I couldn't find it in the app...

Thanks everyone!
use the configurator for configurable usb-loader, it should be already saved in your usb-loader folder, then use it to use the return to channel option, and enter in the title ID of the forwarder channel you have installed on the wii menu

eth3rton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
eth3rton said:

Thanks everyone!
use the configurator for configurable usb-loader, it should be already saved in your usb-loader folder, then use it to use the return to channel option, and enter in the title ID of the forwarder channel you have installed on the wii menu

Found it but I don't understand the last part... Thanks again!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
for example, if u installed the usb-loader forwarder channel available via ModMii, the channel ID is "IDCL". Generally speaking, the title ID is in the title of the forwarder channel wad, if not, u can check the title id by loading the wad is showmiiwads or customize mii

SoundHyp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been having some problems with ModMii and the SNEEK portion of it.

I've gone through the steps for the UNEEK + DI 4.2U in ModMii. I copy over the SD files to my blank SD card, and I copy the USB files to my USB drive which only has a games folder which was created using the Game Bulk Extractor. Now I start having problems when I try to load SNEEK. I don't know if I'm supposed to go through the Priiloader, that gives me a BootMII IOS ppcboot.elf error. So I instead do it through HBC which just takes me to a black screen. I've let it sit there for a half hour and nothing has changed. I have also followed a guide on compiling my own UNEEK + DI. When I follow this process I end up with the same files, but this time when I sit on the black screen my Wii Light flashes 1 short flash continually.

This might not be a ModMii problem, could very well be user error or something more on SNEEK's end. If that is the case could you point me in a more appropriate direction to take my inquiry to?

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

I forgot to mention. For some odd reason my SD card gets the shared1, shared2, tickets, import folders. I'm pretty certain that I selected UNEEK + DI which is the USB support. I've recompiled it multiple times today so I don't think I selected wrong... I could've though.

Copied from my post in the ModMii thread.

Edit - Just redid it, and now I have those folders on my USB instead of my SD. They are all empty though, is that normal? It's like it's starting to do it, but then stops. Maybe I missed a step... Should I maybe do my Wii's NAND and not the NAND from ModMii?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jebs said:
Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me out here. I got a NTSC-J chipped Wii on old firmware (can't remember version number but I remember having to truncha bug Smash Bros to play it?), So I'm assuming it's 3.2 or 3.3.

Anyhow, I'm looking to update via the complete softmod guide. However, I would like to change it to english menu if possible. Can I do that after I softmod or will I have to do it beforehand? Also, I recall that the games were region locked(?) and could only play if I changed the region via truncha. I am planning on using a usb loader and loading the games from a hdd, will I still need to change region on the games on the iso level somehow? Also, any recommendations on the best usb loader out there? Thanks!

EDIT: Also, one more thing. Is there a difference between ModMii and the complete softmod guide? Is one of them better than the other?
You might have to softmod the wii again after region changing it, I can't remember, although it's not like it's a long process. If your only going to use USB loaders, than region won't matter, but if your going to be using disks from other regions, then I would either load them through Gecko os, or install priiloader and turn on the region free hack. As for the best USB loader I would reccomend wiiflow, or configurable USB loader.

EDIT: if all you want is the menu to be in English, and not region change it, then can't you just change the language In the system settings?

ModMii is more newb-friendly in my opinion because it creates a guide based on the information you entered, and downloads all the files for you, all you have to do is install them on your wii. Also, when you update your wii I wouldn't suggest going past 4.2 because 4.3 doesn't add anything, only removes stuff

miewer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm a lurker...I'm shy in real life too
blush.gif

Ok, I have a Lu64 wii.

Hacked pretty soon after purchase, (little cousin sat on disc left on couch early on, decided to research backups!) have been playing backups on usbloader gx ever since with the exception of rockband 2. Made a copy via WBFS & burned to disc cuz all anyone ever wants to play is Rockband2, including me
tongue.gif
& I was tired of having to go load it for them EVERY time . It would load in the disc channel like any other disk.

Naturally we got rockband 3 & the kids; not seeing any difference put the disc in & my wii is now on 4.3, homebrew is gone & replaced with everybody votes channel & usbloader gx won't work. There is a channel (I know it's merely a forwarder), but nothing happens when you press it.

I had priloader but don't know if the (hack file?) was on my sd, usbloader gx & another disc loader; forget the name (maybe wanikoko) didn't show up in the disk channel when loaded through there, but never used it after usbloader gx. Backed up nand long time ago, probably when first hacked. Have cioscorp, what versions I don't remember but can look through files on computer & see if saved & had/have? IOS 249. Remember because almost every game used it on usbloader. I haven't updated for months as all my games worked on usb, including all the rockband games (Beatles, track packs, etc).

The only temperamental game was band hero & I just let them use the real disk & cautioned them as it wasn't worth the trouble trying to keep figuring it out because they were the only ones playing it.

Sooooo, is there any hope for me? Can I get homebrew back & usbloader gx working again?
cry.gif

Oh...& I did search, but I must be using the wrong words, I have read many posts, either that or I'm the only one dumb enough to leave a spankin new game around my little cousins

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol