ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EnigmaXtreme said:
Do i have to use IOS222 or can i use 249?

Depends on the game you might need to use IOS 222 or 223 from hermes (if you have it installed) mostly for games with the need of a peripherical like GH or RB, otherwise stay with IOS249...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(pilladoll @ Oct 16 2010, 11:56 AM) I have a Black Wii 4.2u with serial LU81161269, can we use neogamma with it?

I don't think your Wii will be able to read DVD discs, so you need to buy a HDD, they are pretty cheap nowadays...!!

Arte

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm going to ask something very stupid.
I remember softmodding my wii something like 5-6 months ago and haven't used it since then.
I remember i had used the simplicistic guide and everything was working fine, then i did something to play monster hunter 3 and it worked but something else didn't. Then i did some strange stuff and now it's not working that good at all and I really wasn't in the mood to fix it all because I didn't have wi-fi so i had to put stuff in the sd back and forth and it was really boring.
Anyway, what I'm asking is how to get something close to a "fresh start" with cios and all that stuff to just install the ones i need to play games smoothly as of now, like programs to overwrite stuff I don't remember I did anymore XD
Thank you all in advance ^^

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
arte said:
i'm going to ask something very stupid.
i remember softmodding my wii something like 5-6 months ago and haven't used it since then.
i remember i had used the simplicistic guide and everything was working fine, then i did something to play monster hunter 3 and it worked but something else didn't. then i did some strange stuff and now it's not working that good at all and i really wasn't in the mood to fix it all because i didn't have wi-fi so i had to put stuff in the sd back and forth and it was really boring.
anyway, what i'm asking is how to get something close to a "fresh start" with cios and all that stuff to just install the ones i need to play games smoothly as of now, like programs to overwrite stuff i don't remember i did anymore xd
thank you all in advance ^^
use modmii (stickied),
in modmii use the wizard/guide option and say that your wii is a virgin
after that just answer the questions and follow the steps

shinyazz52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey, i have bootmii as boot2 and i have just updated the hbc to latest version , which works fine if i access it from system menu but i can no longer access it from bootmii menu. is there a way to get it worrking again ? is it as easy as running the latest hackmii installer and only doing the bootmii part again ? oh and if it is do i need to delete the bootmii i have now before i do that ?

Mega Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well, instead of going back a few pages i guess i'll just ask a couple of things here

1) can i use sdhc with rawksd? the biggest standard sd card i have right now is 1 gb, and that would hardly get anything up there. i have a 8 gb and 32 gb sdhc though, so that would be nice

2) i forgot why, but rawk sd 2.0 isn't supported with ... something or another, so i have to use rawk sd 3.0. is there any way to get my hands on the beta of that so i can get it working, or am i just going to have to wait for an official release? sorry, i know these are ultimate n00b questions but i'm just lazy lol

vic_rattlehead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
does anyone know what version of usb loader gx supports ciosx rev19 with full functionality? i'd like to have box and disk art.
i'm using r921 at the moment and there is no disc art for me. more recent versions of usblgx don't work either. games work fine, but only with quickboot enabled in the settings, and when i click on the box art, it loads the game without showing the disc animation.
thanks in advance!

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinyazz52 said:
hey, i have bootmii as boot2 and i have just updated the hbc to latest version , which works fine if i access it from system menu but i can no longer access it from bootmii menu. is there a way to get it worrking again ? is it as easy as running the latest hackmii installer and only doing the bootmii part again ? oh and if it is do i need to delete the bootmii i have now before i do that ?
when you ran the hackmii installer did you remember to update bootmii as well?
if not than you can just run the installer again, and just update bootmii

pedrohell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hello, first of all, I'm a noob.

A year ago a bought a Wii and I softmodded it via an Offline Guide, and I installed the Config USB Loader now I was thinking about Updating the Loader via Online but I don't know what should I do, I need a little help from you guys.
The version that appears at the Cfg USB loader loading screen is the following:

v46-FAT
222-FAT

At the update screen I have the following information:
Available releases:
60(release)
60-222(release)
60b6(beta)
60b6-222(beta)
59(release)
59-222(release)

My question: What do I need to install and by which order?

THANKS in advance.

vic_rattlehead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Another question I would like to ask concerns Sonic 4 for VC.

I installed the .wad and it appears in my system menu, but when I press the game and try to start it, my screen goes black.
Does anyone else have the same problem?

I'm running 4.1E.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinyazz52 said:
so too run the installer again do i need to wipe my bootmii folder off my sd or just place the boot.elf on the card
No, I dont think you have to, it will just overwrite the old bootmii files if im correct (although if there is a nand backup in it I would recommended copying it somewhere safe before installing bootmii), and run the installer like you would any other app from the homebrew channel

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
vic_rattlehead said:
Another question I would like to ask concerns Sonic 4 for VC.

I installed the .wad and it appears in my system menu, but when I press the game and try to start it, my screen goes black.
Does anyone else have the same problem?

I'm running 4.1E.

sounds like you do not have the required ios installed (not sure what one you'll need though) or your wad could be out of region, if so use the pal version (if there is one) or wanins nand loader injector and force pal

hope this helps

shinyazz52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
person66 said:
shinyazz52 said:
so too run the installer again do i need to wipe my bootmii folder off my sd or just place the boot.elf on the card
No, I dont think you have to, it will just overwrite the old bootmii files if im correct (although if there is a nand backup in it I would recommended copying it somewhere safe before installing bootmii), and run the installer like you would any other app from the homebrew channel

cheers man , i moved my bootmii folder off the sd card and ran the installer again , also backed up my nand again. its all good now , thanks again for the advice.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do USB Loaders achieve launching games, when the user obviously has a very outdated System Menu Version, and thus most likely outdated IOS as well.
My 3.4U CFG Launcher v60 was launching Kirby's Epic Yarn. How can this be? Please someone explain this to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol