Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xangelinax said:
Ive just recently hacked my wii, and my partener whats to play pokemon gale of darkness on it but from a usb drive. What gamecube emulator is best and is it possible to load the game from a usb?
There is no way to load a GameCube game from USB. The only to play backed up GameCube game on a Wii is by burning them to a DVD and using a GameCube backup loader with cMIOS installed.

mike_pasara

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
mike_pasara said:
I am trying to install CIOS with cIOS38r17. When I try to select anything on the screen it just turns my controller off. Did I miss a step? I've been stuck on this for days.
What IOS are you using for install?

I'm actually following this guide. When I go to try and change the IOS that's when it just shuts down my controller. Music still plays in the background

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mike_pasara said:
I'm actually following this guide. When I go to try and change the IOS that's when it just shuts down my controller. Music still plays in the background
This topic has no guide, so what guide are you using?

Are you on 4.2? And if you are, did you remove the stubs?

mike_pasara

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
mike_pasara said:
This topic has no guide, so what guide are you using?

Are you on 4.2? And if you are, did you remove the stubs?

Yes I am using 4.2 and I believe I had removed the stubs. Unless i did it wrong somehow? Is there a way to verify this?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mike_pasara said:
Yes I am using 4.2 and I believe I had removed the stubs. Unless i did it wrong somehow? Is there a way to verify this?
If you can still choose IOS249 in the cIOS installer, you probably didn't
But try using IOS36 and see if that helps

If not, did you restore the trucha in it (I still don't know your guide) ?

mike_pasara

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
mike_pasara said:
If you can still choose IOS249 in the cIOS installer, you probably didn't
But try using IOS36 and see if that helps

If not, did you restore the trucha in it (I still don't know your guide) ?

Yeah I used the the trucha bug restorer 1.11.

I started to follow this... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 as a guide The Parts I got stuck I referred to this... http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/home/guide-usage

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mike_pasara said:

I started to follow this... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 as a guide The Parts I got stuck I referred to this... http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/home/guide-usage
The actual guide is at the bottom of the first post in a spoiler
tongue.gif

Anyway, you can try getting the files from that guide (again: see the spoiler) and install the cIOS wads with wad manager

mike_pasara

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
mike_pasara said:

The actual guide is at the bottom of the first post in a spoiler
tongue.gif

Anyway, you can try getting the files from that guide (again: see the spoiler) and install the cIOS wads with wad manager

I knew that. But I can't get wad manager to work so I figure i install the cios inorder to get wadmanager to work. I have no idea anymore actually, I've tried following the guide word for word and it's not working out.

So, wad manager doesn't work and cios won't allow to to select which cios to install. I'm thinking I missed something. Is there a way to go back and check the work?

SallyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please help, I would be grateful for some advise,

I have an already soft modded my wii sometime ago, I am on 3.2E and only want to update for more game compatibility (some newer games asking for updates)
I have looked at the two guides, 'xzxero's simplistic mod' and the 'completesoftmodguide' and I am a little confused, do I need to update to 4.2 for what I want or should I use the 'completesoftmodguide' and just use the DOP-IOS MOD for my current version? (will I still gain the correct files to run newer games).

I would appreciate any help

Thanks

hellion_52883

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know if there is a way for the language select (inside a USB loader) to actually work....

Is it meant to play a jap game and beable to read/hear it?

If not, what is it for????

Thank you

luisfhb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
@SallyC My wii is at 4.1 and I never messed with DOP-IOS thing, but I got rid of the game updates by installing Priiloader and then setting it right.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mike_pasara said:
I knew that. But I can't get wad manager to work so I figure i install the cios inorder to get wadmanager to work. I have no idea anymore actually, I've tried following the guide word for word and it's not working out.

So, wad manager doesn't work and cios won't allow to to select which cios to install. I'm thinking I missed something. Is there a way to go back and check the work?
Maybe you should redo the trucha steps and try again
It could've failed on that step

Tichinde925 said:
Whats the most recent updated custom Gamecube MIOS?

And does it allow disc swapping in multi-disc games like Tales of Symphonia / Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes?
waninkoko's MIOSrev5
playing dual disced games should work

SallyC said:

I have an already soft modded my wii sometime ago, I am on 3.2E and only want to update for more game compatibility (some newer games asking for updates)
I have looked at the two guides, 'xzxero's simplistic mod' and the 'completesoftmodguide' and I am a little confused, do I need to update to 4.2 for what I want or should I use the 'completesoftmodguide' and just use the DOP-IOS MOD for my current version? (will I still gain the correct files to run newer games).

Thanks
You can choose whatever you want
Everything works on most firmwares
You can also get the NUS Auto downloader by xflak and update to 4.1 or 4.2, then follow one of the guides

QUOTE(luisfhb @ Feb 13 2010, 09:32 PM) Is this how this thread works? you just throw out questions? lol->

-Is there a better DVD Player then Mplayer? Because that really sucks...
Nope, Mplayer_CE is the best one
If it sucks, then too bad

QUOTE(hellion_52883 @ Feb 13 2010, 09:33 PM)
I would like to know if there is a way for the language select (inside a USB loader) to actually work....

Is it meant to play a jap game and beable to read/hear it?

If not, what is it for????

Thank you
The region select thing should change the language ingame
If it doesn't, maybe you need to alter some other settings, I don't know

hellion_52883

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
The region select thing should change the language ingame
If it doesn't, maybe you need to alter some other settings, I don't know
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply

Check it out more i guess

SallyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SallyC said:

Thanks
You can also get the NUS Auto downloader by xflak and update to 4.1 or 4.2, then follow one of the guides

sorry if I sound dumb!

If I just follow the completesoftmodguide for version 3.2 will it play new games or do I have to update to 4.2?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SallyC said:
SallyC said:

Thanks

sorry if I sound dumb!

If I just follow the completesoftmodguide for version 3.2 will it play new games or do I have to update to 4.2?
All system menu versions will play all games. The System Menu has nothing to do with games; it's just the user interface.

SallyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
SallyC said:
SallyC said:

Thanks

sorry if I sound dumb!

All system menu versions will play all games. The System Menu has nothing to do with games; it's just the user interface.

What is it that I need to update then to play newer games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...