tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
darkm3tr01d said:
I hope someone actually checks this topic, even still I don't know if my problem is very common

I recently used the safe 4.2 upgrade after that it removed my DarkWii theme so I put it back on and ever since then my wii freezes when i try to go to the Wii settings

that's the settings button when you click the wii in the bottom left corner then hit the big settings button on the right

I'm not sure if it was the 4.2 or the DarkWii+4.2 that killed it, but quit frankly I don't know how to go back :/
Use NUSD to download your system menu in wad form and re-install it with wad manager
You'll lose darkwii again though

ros_128 said:
I'm curious, is there a way to run hdd music from a wii theme/desktop/dashboard like in the good old xbox days? I've heard of replacing themes like DarkWii... just wondering if this was possible
The only music player worth getting is MPlayer_CE
But its GUI isn't really remarkable yet...

QUOTE(jazvdb @ Feb 6 2010, 01:00 PM)
Why was this taken out of the stickies?
Along with the others?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=205376

@Blue-K: Freedom isn't dead at all
tongue.gif

spiderjjr45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiderjjr45 said:
Alright, so every time I turn on my Wii, there is no signal. I had just reinstalled the system menu using a WAD from NUS loader. I have BootMii, Preloader, and all that jazz, but when I turn on my wii, there's just no signal to the TV whatsoever, no black screen, no sound. Just "no signal".

I'm really hoping there's a simple solution to this.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spiderjjr45 said:
spiderjjr45 said:
Alright, so every time I turn on my Wii, there is no signal. I had just reinstalled the system menu using a WAD from NUS loader. I have BootMii, Preloader, and all that jazz, but when I turn on my wii, there's just no signal to the TV whatsoever, no black screen, no sound. Just "no signal".

Is bootmii as IOS or boot2?
What system menu did you have before and what system menu did you install?

Qu3becker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to sell my Wii because the external HDD that I used to use broke my USB port behind the Wii and for some reason I have some issue with burned backup, Wii and Gamecube games. They tend to have problems loading sometime and hinder gaming experience.

I don't want to lose my savefiles because I plan to buy another one. I guess my Wii will be good enough for someone who will not hack it and casual players.

Here's the question: If I make a NAND backup and install it on a new Wii, I plan to buy a brand new one, will it works? If not, I guess I will try to move my save files manually onto a SD card.

Sorry for my English.

My Wii is 4.2U. I softmoded my wii using bannerbomb and this guide: Modify any Wii 4.2 & below, aka the simplistic mod
I installed cIOS249 v14 and the MIOS patcher/Gamecube Loader

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Qu3becker said:
I want to sell my Wii because the external HDD that I used to use broke my USB port behind the Wii and for some reason I have some issue with burned backup, Wii and Gamecube games. They tend to have problems loading sometime and hinder gaming experience.

I don't want to lose my savefiles because I plan to buy another one. I guess my Wii will be good enough for someone who will not hack it and casual players.

Here's the question: If I make a NAND backup and install it on a new Wii, I plan to buy a brand new one, will it works? If not, I guess I will try to move my save files manually onto a SD card.

Sorry for my English.

My Wii is 4.2U. I softmoded my wii using bannerbomb and this guide: Modify any Wii 4.2 & below, aka the simplistic mod
Don't sell your Wii! You can use a different EHCI module for Configurable USB Loader to allow you to use the other USB port.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bambam95 said:
For some reason my wii used to read DL discs but now it doesn't. How do I go about fixing this.
Did you recently install a new cIOS rev?
Some of those have no support for DL

QUOTE(Qu3becker @ Feb 6 2010, 07:39 PM) I want to sell my Wii because the external HDD that I used to use broke my USB port behind the Wii and for some reason I have some issue with burned backup, Wii and Gamecube games. They tend to have problems loading sometime and hinder gaming experience.

Sorry for my English.

There are methods to use the other port for the USB loader (by using this)

Anyway, your backup may work on the new wii, but there's a big chance you can't even install bootmii as boot2 on it...
So you'd have to move them manually.
Some of them are protected though so you'll need a saves dumper to dump those

spiderjjr45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
spiderjjr45 said:
spiderjjr45 said:

I had 4.1, and my preloader failed to autoboot the system menu, so I figured it's because my system menu isn't installed or corrupted or something, so I simply reinstalled 4.1 from NUS downloader.

Then after I did that, my preloader failed to ever open, nor does my TV get any signal from the wii.

Oh, and I have bootmii installed as both.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spiderjjr45 said:
tattar8 said:
spiderjjr45 said:
spiderjjr45 said:

I had 4.1, and my preloader failed to autoboot the system menu, so I figured it's because my system menu isn't installed or corrupted or something, so I simply reinstalled 4.1 from NUS downloader.

Then after I did that, my preloader failed to ever open, nor does my TV get any signal from the wii.

Is the bootmii folder on your SD card?
Reinstalling the system menu deletes preloader.

ros_128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
If you mean that you can play your own Music while a game is running: No.
I you mean that the Systemmenu can play your own Music: No.

MPlayer-CE and GeeXboX can play your Music, and some USB-Loaders (CFG/GX/WiiFlow) can play them as Background, and that's it. Something like the Dashboard for the Wii will probably never happen. You can try to follow Freedom, but it seems quite dead.

Summary: It's the Wii. Don't expect something like that...sadly.

Thanks a lot Blue-K, that was exactly what I was wondering. You've saved me a lot of research and time.

spiderjjr45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
spiderjjr45 said:
tattar8 said:
spiderjjr45 said:
spiderjjr45 said:

Is the bootmii folder on your SD card?
Reinstalling the system menu deletes preloader.

Indeed I have a bootmii folder on my SD card.

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ive encountered another problem...
frown.gif

im using a 4.2U wii

well i installed my life as a king wad, and it works all fine. i then tried to move the channel to my sd card to save some space so that i can load it from the sd card menu. it works fine there too.

the problem is whenever i try opening up the "data management"->"wii channels"->"sd card" it freezes, so say i wanted to delete a channel on my sd card i cant. i would then just turn off the wii and i cant do anything about it.

i actually have bannerbomb automatically loading whenever i would access my sd card through the system menu and i would just say no to the "load .dol/.elf" screen and go on with my business...

could that be the problem?

Any help is appreciated!
smile.gif

*EDIT: i actually renamed the boot.elf to "boot1.elf" and i can access it now...i think that fixed it...unless theres a bigger problem...

*EDIT: ugh, nvm, it still freezes but i can access it sometimes...crap...

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
The Viztard said:
tj_cool said:
yes, any SD card menu thing may freeze if bannerbomb is present on it
so is it safe to remove it? and if so how would i go about doing that?
Yes
Just remove the atkn folder in SD:/private/wii/?
ah ok thx. and should that fix the problem? hopefully? either way though, thanks.

spiderjjr45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiderjjr45 said:
tattar8 said:
tattar8 said:
spiderjjr45 said:
spiderjjr45 said:

Indeed I have a bootmii folder on my SD card.

Wait, but my Wii won't even send a signal to the TV. It just says "NO SIGNAL". How will a bootmii folder help?

frankiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick Noob Question

Used the 'Update/Mod any Wii 4.2 or below' guide, realized the Wii had DC-2 chip. Anyway I can get the Wii back to original state, without all the mod stuff on it, so I can just update it and use it like a normal Wii

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nkbswe5 said:
Quick Noob Question

Used the 'Update/Mod any Wii 4.2 or below' guide, realized the Wii had DC-2 chip. Anyway I can get the Wii back to original state, without all the mod stuff on it, so I can just update it and use it like a normal Wii
That guide has a big link to the Complete Softmod Guide, which has a "Revirginize" section. Also, if your wii has a D3-2 drive, why not just use a USB loader?

itstemo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Three questions.

How do I do this injecting thing. I want to get Configurable USB Loader on my Home Screen?

Should I update? I have 3.3U and can it be done with out internet?

So is the "Ocarina" option a cheat thingy for USB Loaders? What kind of cheats are there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN