Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

velmeran42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
So exactly what rev of cIOS249 did you install?

Rev 17 on 249 and 250.

What files are involved with booting up to priiloader? cIOS 249 and 250 don't come into play that early in the boot cycle right? Everything works great after I boot up and plug in the HDD, it just gives me a black screen if I power up with the HDD plugged in.

velmeran42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
tj_cool said:
velmeran42 said:
longtom1 said:
What version of priiloader do you have installed?
priiloader v0.3 (r43)
system menu v481
IOS v70
update to v0.3b
+1 on that idea

That fixed it. Should've checked to make sure I had the latest and greatest priiloader; I had just assumed the newest one was in the file pack.

Thanks

Kenjii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Kenjii said:
I did this. As I said, I have the latest cIOS.

I get the Disc Read Error 1048, whatever that means.
You have a new drive and it can never read disc backups
You'll have to use USB loaders

Sorry to say, but you are 100% wrong, thanks for making me laugh.

Considering pretty much every game I own is a backup, and plays fine with no problems, you are wrong.

I've happily being playing my backups since around March last year, so its nothing whatsoever to do with my driver.

Is there any other people can help me?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kenjii said:

Considering pretty much every game I own is a backup, and plays fine with no problems, you are wrong.

I've happily being playing my backups since around March last year, so its nothing whatsoever to do with my driver.

Wow
Sorry I tried to help

1048 is a drive issue, I'm almost 100% sure of that
whether its D3-2 or an incompatibility with Dual layer discs or not I don't know
It might even be a faulty disc (like DVD+R(W) instead of -R)

Kenjii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Kenjii said:

Wow
Sorry I tried to help

1048 is a drive issue, I'm almost 100% sure of that
whether its D3-2 or an incompatibility with Dual layer discs or not I don't know
It might even be a faulty disc (like DVD+R(W) instead of -R)

I'll buy some -R tomorrow then and burn and try that instead.

Thanks.

Kenjii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
Kenjii said:
tj_cool said:
Kenjii said:
I'll buy some -R tomorrow then and burn and try that instead.
If you use +R, you have to change the booktype to DVD-ROM

How do I do this?

It's an option in the Settings for ImgBurn

Would you mind telling me how to set it? I'm too blind to notice it.

Edit ~ Never mind, I found it. And I'm unable to change my book type; when you try to change it in ImgBurn you have to select your driver from the options available, and my driver make isn't on there, as its just an average driver that came with the PC. So I'm unable to change my book type.

Thorgal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My Wii is 4.0E
A friend of mine softmodded it using a SD-card.

the card has these directory's:

apps, codes, images, private, wad

the root contains:
- boot.dol
- cIOS36_rev10-installer.dol
-DowngradeIOS35,dol
-installer.log
-Wadmanager1.4d.ol

the apps directory contains:
- ciosrev10istaller
- IOS_Downgrade
- usb
- usbloader
- WAD_Managerv1.4

the wad directory contains the following wads: bul3g, ciosv7, hbc, ios35, ios36, ios60patched.wad, USBL_forwarder_channel_blue and usbl_forwarder_channel_orange.

Problem:
I recently bought WiiFIT+ and Guitar Hero 5 and both games tell me to update first. This is were I dont know what to do cause I understand applying an official update can brick a softmodded Wii ?
I've been reading around on this site and found some excellent info but I'm still unsure on how to proceed.

I found this link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184057 ( 4.2 Safe firmware upgrader )
can I use that and will I then be able to play my new games as well as my backupped games using the usbloader?

any help or directions would be greatly appriciated, and yes - I consider myself an giant noob in this area
blink.gif

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
kallekall said:
razorback78 said:
kallekall said:
Thanks! It worked to get it in color, but I still get strange text instead of Japanese characters. Do you (or anyone else) know how to fix that as well?
try to change the language set to japanese in its configuration.

I did change the boot up language to Japanese, but that did not work. Any other suggestion?
in the region option, try to select yes to patch country str.

Did not work. Any other suggestion?

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 4.2U Wii...and i have recently installed some wads such as Pokemon Rumble and Bomberman Blast using Wad Manager v1.5. I can play them fine through the system menu and save correctly and everything. I have recently copied the channels to my sd card through the wii menu->channels option so that i can access the channels through the sd card button on the main system menu. Ive tried out the channels through the sd card menu and they work fine. I did this in hopes to free some blocks on my system memory.

My questions are can i now remove the channels/wads using the wad manager? And will it in turn be gone from my system menu? Like the channel(s) will be gone? And will i still be able to play them through my sd card with the save file intact and stuff? Is there any way to do this? Or have i messed completely already? Any help is appreciated!
smile.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Viztard said:
So I have a 4.2U Wii...and i have recently installed some wads such as Pokemon Rumble and Bomberman Blast using Wad Manager v1.5. I can play them fine through the system menu and save correctly and everything. I have recently copied the channels to my sd card through the wii menu->channels option so that i can access the channels through the sd card button on the main system menu. Ive tried out the channels through the sd card menu and they work fine. I did this in hopes to free some blocks on my system memory.

My questions are can i now remove the channels/wads using the wad manager? And will it in turn be gone from my system menu? Like the channel(s) will be gone? And will i still be able to play them through my sd card with the save file intact and stuff? Is there any way to do this? Or have i messed completely already? Any help is appreciated!
smile.gif
You're supposed to move not copy to sd card

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
The Viztard said:

smile.gif
so move as in put the wad file onto the sd card and somehow be able to access it trough the wii? as u can see i am a noob to wii hacking...

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Viztard said:
longtom1 said:
The Viztard said:

smile.gif
so move as in put the wad file onto the sd card and somehow be able to access it trough the wii? as u can see i am a noob to wii hacking...
you said you copied them to the sd card from wii menu->channels option do the same but move instead of copy

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
The Viztard said:
longtom1 said:
The Viztard said:

smile.gif
you said you copied them to the sd card from wii menu->channels option do the same but move instead of copy
ah ok ic, should i delete it from the sd card through the system menu->sd card option, then "move" not "copy" it from the wiimenu->channels option to the sd card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong