Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

  • Thread starter Thread starter richglix
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,711,081
  • Replies Replies 15,247
  • Likes Likes 14
Pegase said:
how did you manage it?
I'm having the same problem (wii upgraded to 4.2, Trucha removed, cios rev 14) but my wii insist on me updating.
I can run it through Neogamma but it's annoying having a legit game and still needing to use a backup loader!

Anyone know why it does that? is that a particular IOS that's causing the bug (since i'm already on 4.2, it's a bug for a disc to ask me to update)

its not really a bug, the wii has an "updated" ios for u to install (the rev #'s of the stub IOS "updates" are MUCH greater than the actual cios rev #'s that must be installed on your wii.

presumably if u were to edit the cios's rev # to be greater than or equal to the stub IOS rev #'s on the wii update disk, then it would not prompt u to update (without needing to use a system menu hack... but just use that hack, its a lot easier, and certain apps check for the cios rev # and may not work if it is not a certain # - for example, cfg usb loader required cios 222 v4 be used, even if it is the same cios but the rev # is changed to 5, it will not work)
 
I have a NEW Wii, about a month old now, and I modded it with the 4.2u mod.
I have done about 20 Wii softmods, every one succesfuly.

I followed the guide to the letter
I have now re-done the entire proccess on this Wii 3 times
I have Neo Gamma 7 & NeoGamma 8 b12
Both of them give me an error "DVD Reader Error 1101" everytime I try to load a disk
I even tryd Downgrading it to 4.1u and I still get the error

I have loaded a game with USB Loader GX from a USB stick and it works fine...
I just cant load backups...
(Yes I tryd an Original disk & it loads fine)

If your advice is a file or something I need a download please provide a link if U have one
If its a new version NeoGamma, please provide a link to a wad file so I can install it...

Thank You!
 
xflak40 said:
new wii's have new d3-2 chipset drives... meaning they cannot play burned disks... so u r forced to use usb backup loader

Is there a way to tell B4 U go through all the trouble of modding it?


(Thank You for your quick response!!!)
 
wacko.gif

Is there any way I can play Korean games on my US Wii?
It's currently on 4.1U and I use the Homebrew channel to install wads and play homebrew games, use emulators,etc.

Will Gecko OS do the trick?
 
OhYa said:
xflak40 said:
new wii's have new d3-2 chipset drives... meaning they cannot play burned disks... so u r forced to use usb backup loader

Is there a way to tell B4 U go through all the trouble of modding it?


(Thank You for your quick response!!!)

Didn't you already mod it?!?!

QUOTE(username1234 @ Jan 8 2010, 07:14 PM)
wacko.gif

Is there any way I can play Korean games on my US Wii?
It's currently on 4.1U and I use the Homebrew channel to install wads and play homebrew games, use emulators,etc.

Will Gecko OS do the trick?
it should, but what Korean game exists that isn't already out in NTSC or PAL?
 
I read the mod any wii 4.2 and below guide a few times and am ready to softmod. I have a couple quick questions though:

1)Is it a bad idea to use a non sdhc microSD card in an SD adapter as opposed to a normal non sdhc SD card? (Maybe a stupid question, but better safe than sorry)

In the guide it gives recommendations for which cIOS to install based on USB and disc loading. Later it says if you want to use the disc channel, Download cIOSCorp 3.6.

Eventually I want to put all backups on a USB drive, but I don't have one i want to use for the wii at the moment. This leaves disc loading which I can handle via neogamma, but if possible I would like to have the familiar disc channel available for the less technically inclined in the household. Is this possible?

2)Does it matter if you install all the IOSs listed in the guide for both USB and disc loading--am I at risk of causing any conflicts?

3)If I install the cIOSCorp 3.6 can I do this after everything else is running smoothly--does this need to take place at a particular part of the 'mod any wii 4.2 and below' guide?

4)My wii is already hardmodded with the original wiikey--I read somewhere that this does not matter and should not cause an issue. True or False?

Thanks!!!
 
theoldlr said:
I read the mod any wii 4.2 and below guide a few times and am ready to softmod. I have a couple quick questions though:

1)Is it a bad idea to use a non sdhc microSD card in an SD adapter as opposed to a normal non sdhc SD card? (Maybe a stupid question, but better safe than sorry)

try it out, either it will work or it wont, if it doesn't work u wont be able to launch bannerbomb and your wii will be left untouched (ie. if it fails ur wii should still be safe)

In the guide it gives recommendations for which cIOS to install based on USB and disc loading. Later it says if you want to use the disc channel, Download cIOSCorp 3.6.

Eventually I want to put all backups on a USB drive, but I don't have one i want to use for the wii at the moment. This leaves disc loading which I can handle via neogamma, but if possible I would like to have the familiar disc channel available for the less technically inclined in the household. Is this possible?

yes it is possible, but if your wii is really new it may have a new d3-2 chipset drive which restricts playing backup DISKS

2)Does it matter if you install all the IOSs listed in the guide for both USB and disc loading--am I at risk of causing any conflicts?

i assume u are talking about the different revs of cios249, u can only have one installed at a time (installing a newer rev will overwrite older ones)

3)If I install the cIOSCorp 3.6 can I do this after everything else is running smoothly--does this need to take place at a particular part of the 'mod any wii 4.2 and below' guide?

yes, in fact i recommend doing this last. Make sure everything else is working good, then do a nand backup before installing cioscorp (very important, cioscorp has been known to be hard to get rid of, i think v3.6 doesn't have this problem, but better safe than sorry... so keep a nand backup from before cioscorp and save it somewhere safe)

4)My wii is already hardmodded with the original wiikey--I read somewhere that this does not matter and should not cause an issue. True or False?

i've heard the same thing, but I don't have a wiikey personally so I'm just repeating what i've heard

Thanks!!!

to have your disk loaders and usb loaders use different cIOSs (ie. rev 14 for disk loading and rev 15 or 16 for usb loading) check out the thread HERE
 
tattar8 said:
OhYa said:
xflak40 said:
new wii's have new d3-2 chipset drives... meaning they cannot play burned disks... so u r forced to use usb backup loader

Is there a way to tell B4 U go through all the trouble of modding it?


(Thank You for your quick response!!!)
Didn't you already mod it?!?!

Yes I already modded that one, but I have 3 more I am modding today & at least 1 of them was a new christmas gift, so im wondering for future reffernce how to tell if its a new drive before I invest any time into it...

Thanks
 
There really isn't a way to tell, but if the person bought it/received it brand new recently, then there's a high likelyhood it'll have the new drive.
 
xflak40 said:
usb loaders can play games from any region (with a few exceptions)
but what about the actual DVD's of the games that you buy in stores?
Not backups or ISO's. Can I run those as well with a US Wii?
I'm asking this bc I live in Korea but have a US Wii...
 
xflak40 said:
to have your disk loaders and usb loaders use different cIOSs (ie. rev 14 for disk loading and rev 15 or 16 for usb loading) check out the thread HERE

So just to be perfectly clear, I will install the cIOS199 rev 14 and neogamma from above link for discs. Then another version of neogamma (for cIOS249 rev 15 or 16) for usb--or do you prefer a different usb loader?

Lastly why 15 or 16? what do you recommend/use?

Also, it just occurred to me... Since I have a wiikey installed also will i need a disc loader? Maybe only for newer backups like new super mario bros?

Thanks again, this is really helpful!
 
I was thinking of transferring all of my wii disc games to a USB hard drive and just load them through the homebrew.

Are their disadvantages to doing this? Do some games not work? What format does my HD need to be? How big should it be if I'm going to have a LOT of games? Which programs will I need to convert the ISO images and shrink them down? Is there a coverflow app that I can use to display the games?

Most importantly, without buying a specific drive that reads Wii games, what would the best way be to get all my games on disc on the HD?

Please help!
Thanks!
 
Rossman said:
I was thinking of transferring all of my wii disc games to a USB hard drive and just load them through the homebrew.

Are their disadvantages to doing this? Do some games not work? What format does my HD need to be? How big should it be if I'm going to have a LOT of games? Which programs will I need to convert the ISO images and shrink them down? Is there a coverflow app that I can use to display the games?

Most importantly, without buying a specific drive that reads Wii games, what would the best way be to get all my games on disc on the HD?

Please help!
Thanks!
actually using usb hdd for loading is way faster compared to loading it off from a disc. you could check on this for all your inquiry: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/iso
 
I am in need of some help. I bought my 5yr old son a modded Wii over xmas and have since got him games which I burned onto a dvd-r (I need to do this to keep the originals safe from him, I burnt them on 2x speed using ImgBurn). The two games I got recently are Peppa the Pig and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. When I run the copies I get an error #002 message.

I have spent over a week now trying to get a simple method to fixing this. There are so many contradicting methods with words I don't understand (I'm normaly not so dim but I've just had baby #2 and my brain is truely fried) that I am utterly confused and lost.

Please could I please get some help. My Wii is a UK (Pal) one, its running on 3.2e. It has BackupLauncher Gamma by Wiigator on the startup windows. On the SD card are the following folders:
Code:
D:00000010000024\v1042
D:\apps\1. WAD Manager
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 2. Custom WM
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 3. IOS Downgrader
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 4. Firmware Downgrader
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 5. Starfall
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 6. cIOS_Installer
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 7. Install Shop IOS51
D:\private\wii\title\rzde
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂrzdj
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂrzdp
D:\WAD\Backup Channel Gamma 002fix.wad
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ cios_fix.wad
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ DjTaz_gamma_Loader.wad
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ IOS38-64-v3609.wad

D:\boot.dol

I would have thought that the files under WAD would have fixed error 2 but it does not appear to have. I have tried my best to find a solution to this through reading forums and guides but have only gotten more confused. Advise would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Natasha.
 

Site & Scene News