poke50uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EeZeEpEe said:
poke50uk said:
razorback78 said:
why don't you try neogamma r8 beta 7 http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=175...amp;hl=neogamma

for my the Region Options:
Boot Lang: English; Force Video: NTSC480i; Patch Video: No; VIDTV Patch: No; Patch Country Str: Yes

Because unfortunatly the link is dead : s
I'll try and have a poke round later for it.. tried for bout 30mins last night
The link is not dead. Try it again.

" Invalid or Deleted File
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire. If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support. "

every time
Im guessing blocked from uk for some reason
someone put is somewhere else?

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pff maybe somebody will give me an answer in this topic
at Which speed I must burn my wii/CB with ImgBurn ??
because thay keep saying "Can't read the Game disc....."
when I play a Burned game of a friend they just work (he doesn't burn the game by its self)

System:
NeoGamma R8 + cIOS249
GCBackup Loader + miospatcher

DVD-R:
Philips
4.7GB
1-16x

somebody please help me
frown.gif
I Hate those stupid errors

poke50uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SOS-Rens said:
what's the different between my Philips DVD-R's and those maxwell??

quaility - the wii is picky

SOS-Rens said:
so I must use nero and not ImgBurn ??

know others dont, but out of that, poweriso/demontools/alchol etc etc I found nero to be the most reliable

QUOTE(SOS-Rens @ Nov 20 2009, 05:18 PM)
do you have a tutorail for nero
Iso burning

Its way too simple,
you install nero, allow it to be the defult program to open isos with, then just double click on the iso to open it with nero, stick in the dvd, tell it x4, then press the burn button
you do more posting a message on this site

Caio Icy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
help :3

All my games worked fine (except punch out and no more heroes, but np) before I updated to 4.2 with "Safe Firmware Updater".
Now it doesn't read any pirate wii games, though it reads my burnt copy of smash melee (gc).
Before updating, I installed cios rev14 as 249, and after the update I patched a couple of IOS (as recommended) with DOP-IOS.

Hardmodded wii, bootmii as ios.

habbah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone tell me what i have to do to get NSMB Wii working on my NSTC wii, and give me the links to the things i need to download?

super_baros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I've been away from the scene for a while and suddenly I come back and everything's updated!

Here's the story...

I have a jap wii with d2ckey. It's on 3.2J and I have the homebrew channel. A few months ago I wanted to play "my sims party" and was told to do this....

"Install the cIOS with the cIOS36_r10 installer and then use Firmware Updater 4.0, but you don't need to update to 4.0, you only need to install IOSes 38-53-55 you can find those inside need for speed:undercover, punch out, EA active sports, Ohgon no Kizuna, etc etc etc...!! "

Everything has been fine up until today when I tried to run "Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja 3" and after doing some searching, I think I need to update some "files"!

Could anybody give me an idiot-proof guide of what files I need to update please?

Many Thanks!

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
kosheh said:
So I kinda screwed over my disc-loading abilities. I decided to update to CIOS38 rev15, hoping it'd allow for better compatability with New SMB Wii. Now, when I'm trying to play ANY game using...well, for now let's say NeoGamma, it's greenscreening and taking me back to the Wii menu. Naturally I'm not happy with rev15 at all.

Is there any way to revert back to CIOS38 rev14? If so, how? I've got the rev14 installer still on my SD card ready to be booted from the HBC if that helps.
Can I just install that over rev15 and it'll revert itself?

I don't have a boot2 backup of my setup or anything, which might make things a little tougher in this case. ):
it is because of this issue: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=190800.

as usual like any other ios, just install rev14 and it will install over the previous. no need to uninstall. if you insist on uninstalling use ATD mod remove 249 then install 249rev14 again. if you do not know how to use ATD then use WAD Manager 1.5 to uninstall 249rev15 but you have to have its wad to do so. then reinstall 249rev14. but who wants to uninstall. do the first.
So i finally got around to attempting to reinstall rev14. First time, I got a code dump error and I freaked out pretty hard. I tried it a second time and it installed just fine. Now I'm enjoying NSMB Wii in the convenience of

a copy (I bought it for my girlfriend, though - pretty worth it considering I went to the Nintendo World Store to get it with her, fun times)

thank you

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
super_baros said:
Hi guys, I've been away from the scene for a while and suddenly I come back and everything's updated!

Here's the story...

I have a jap wii with d2ckey. It's on 3.2J and I have the homebrew channel. A few months ago I wanted to play "my sims party" and was told to do this....

"Install the cIOS with the cIOS36_r10 installer and then use Firmware Updater 4.0, but you don't need to update to 4.0, you only need to install IOSes 38-53-55 you can find those inside need for speed:undercover, punch out, EA active sports, Ohgon no Kizuna, etc etc etc...!! "

Everything has been fine up until today when I tried to run "Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja 3" and after doing some searching, I think I need to update some "files"!

Could anybody give me an idiot-proof guide of what files I need to update please?

Many Thanks!
dunno much bout that game...
why don't you try to update cIOS36 rev 10 to at least cIOS38 rev 14 http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko

super_baros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
super_baros said:

Here's the story...

Many Thanks!
dunno much bout that game...
why don't you try to update cIOS36 rev 10 to at least cIOS38 rev 14 http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko

OK, I've just done that and everything installed successfully. However, when I start the game, it still gives me a blank screen and locks up. I've tried Regionfrii and also starting it up with Gecko without patching it in any way.
wacko.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
super_baros said:
OK, I've just done that and everything installed successfully. However, when I start the game, it still gives me a blank screen and locks up. I've tried Regionfrii and also starting it up with Gecko without patching it in any way.
wacko.gif
how about neogamma? if http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...-launchers/disc. after using this and the game still won't load, probably a bad burn or bad rip. check also on game compatibility issues here by wiipower: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307.

in as much as i want to be specific on what to do; can't help you because i don't use that game.

edit: i usually encounter such black screen issue when i am try to force ntsc to play a pal game. anyways still check on the compatibility issue if there's any.

super_baros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
super_baros said:
wacko.gif
how about neogamma? if http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...-launchers/disc. after using this and the game still won't load, probably a bad burn or bad rip. check also on game compatibility issues here by wiipower: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307.

in as much as i want to be specific on what to do; can't help you because i don't use that game.

edit: i usually encounter such black screen issue when i am try to force ntsc to play a pal game. anyways still check on the compatibility issue if there's any.

yay it worked!.. I downloaded neogamma like you said and though it didn't work at first, I played about with the settings in neogamma and finally got it working!

Thank you so much!

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Getting a black Wii in a matter of minutes, gonna read up on everything and apply whatever I can to softmod it.

Questions that I can't seem to find so quickly:

1. Black Wii hackable? I've seen proof of British black Wiis but also European?
2. Softmodding, what can I do in terms of the following?

- Play burned games (compatibility list somewhere?)
- Play USB games from HDD (compatibility list somewhere?)
- Same two above but for GC games
- Homebrew?

Thanks, a link to a topic explaining all this in one time is also good (way too many noob topics)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sc4rFac3d said:
Getting a black Wii in a matter of minutes, gonna read up on everything and apply whatever I can to softmod it.

Questions that I can't seem to find so quickly:

1. Black Wii hackable? I've seen proof of British black Wiis but also European?
All Wii's are hackable Black Wii's are the same as White ones.
2. Softmodding, what can I do in terms of the following?

- Play burned games (compatibility list somewhere?)
near 100% compatible http://wiki.gbatemp.net:8080/wiki/index.ph...kup_Launcher_v3
edit: almost forgot, most black ones have a new drive that doesn't play Burned discs
frown.gif

- Play USB games from HDD (compatibility list somewhere?)
Most games will need certain fixes (like 002fix) http://wiki.gbatemp.net:8080/wiki/index.ph...e_Compatibility
- Same two above but for GC games
Only from Disc http://wiki.gbatemp.net:8080/wiki/index.ph...patibility_List
- Homebrew?
Same as for White Wii (but do not downgrade)

Thanks, a link to a topic explaining all this in one time is also good (way too many noob topics)

canmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, total wii noob here so please be gentle!

I have a wii that hasn't been turned on in probably about 2 years almost. So I go to play some new-ish games today, and realise I should probably update my wii.

It is currently running 3.3e, and does not have a mod chip. it has homebrew channel on it, I think it's software was updated by installing the zelda hack and some software pack from djtaz (?) a long time ago.

So, I don't know what an ios is, what ios I have, or anything else.

Is there an idiot-proof guide that I can follow that will safely update my machine to be able to do all the latest cool stuff and play the latest games?

I have a read a couple of guides but get massively confused by the end of the first line, and I don't want to brick my wii. I don't have bootmii installed, I know that for sure.

So, can anyone offer any advice, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...