Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

ColdSkull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
AWR-cheesy said:
wait so is IOS249 is ur default value leave it at that if not it should be IOS36 as the default value

Yeah, I choosed IOS249 and everything went smoothly. Thank you very much.
smile.gif

One more question... Should I always select IOS249 whatever I install?

Taoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just upgraded to 4.2E and I realised I had a Wad Manager 1.4 Channel installed, and I don't really need it anymore since I don't use it as much and can go through the Homebew channel to get to it anyway. Now I want to uninstall it but I seem to have lost the wad file (probably when I installed Win7), so my only other optio is the anytitledeleter. So does anybody know the titleid of the wadmanager? I can't seem to find it :s)

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
teonintyfive said:
I have 3.2E and I want to install cIOS38_rev14. Will this brick me? Do I need to upgrade to 4.2 using this? Thanks.
no it wont brick and you dont have to update

QUOTE(Taoh @ Nov 8 2009, 09:23 PM) I just upgraded to 4.2E and I realised I had a Wad Manager 1.4 Channel installed, and I don't really need it anymore since I don't use it as much and can go through the Homebew channel to get to it anyway. Now I want to uninstall it but I seem to have lost the wad file (probably when I installed Win7), so my only other optio is the anytitledeleter. So does anybody know the titleid of the wadmanager? I can't seem to find it :s)
i dont know the tilte ID but you could redownload the wad if u remember where you got it from and then uninstall it

to3cutter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello everybody! My kids broke their NDS so i bought Wee and ended up here.. I need some answers.
Weee sysmenu 3.4E, softmoded with Bannerbomb, Bootmii as IOS, IOS249 (38R14) installed, , USB Loader GX and Neogamma r7disc loader works fine, without errors. Can I update my Weee to sysmenu 4.2E over Nindendo update service? Should this brick my Weee? I dont care about HBC and softmod, because i can softmod it again via 4.2 softmod tecniques :-)) Should i get ERROR OO3 like Korean Wiis?

TY

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to3cutter said:
Hello everybody! My kids broke their NDS so i bought Wee and ended up here.. I need some answers.
Weee sysmenu 3.4E, softmoded with Bannerbomb, Bootmii as IOS, IOS249 (38R14) installed, , USB Loader GX and Neogamma r7disc loader works fine, without errors. Can I update my Weee to sysmenu 4.2E over Nindendo update service? Should this brick my Weee? I dont care about HBC and softmod, because i can softmod it again via 4.2 softmod tecniques :-)) Should i get ERROR OO3 like Korean Wiis?

TY
your best bet is updating to 4.2 using zektors safe updater thats what i did

KPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i had CIOS rev 13 installed on my wii for HDD loading, i recently went to update to rev 14 and now my USB Loader doesn't find my Wii hdd. I installed rev 14 with ios 249. any reason why usb loader cannot see my hdd now?

stylishjm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Softmodded my wii quite a while ago by guessing and it actaully worked (sort of). Got preloader installed, everything works fine on the homebrew side but when I try using the original system menu it tells me the system files are corrupt.. No problem for me really apart from the fact that I have no free blocks for savegames left but cannot access the data manager to remove any old ones, are there programs i can run from the homebrew channel to delete save games etc. Im not really looking to fix the system menu problem if it means having to guess my way back into having a working loader for my backups. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

zarathustra

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.abovegod.com
XP
Country
i.heart.piracy said:
tdlo123 said:
Hi guys.

Noob question: I just made a copy of excite bots, but for some reason it wont play on my wii, I get an ugly blue screen and an error (#002) saying that I should remove the disc and refer to the manual.

Can someone explain why that happens?
sleep.gif
;

Oh, and my wii has 3.1U firmware.

This is simple; just download the 002 fix for the gamma backup launcher and you'll be able to play games with the 002 error (Madworld, etc.).

Edit: I just checked the compatibility list; apparently you need to IOSpatch the game to 249. Just Google search for IOSpatcher, download it, and then drag your game onto the .exe in the folder. A command prompt should come up asking you which IOS to patch to; type in 249 and hit 'enter'.

Apparently, CIOS 249 r14 & NeoGamma R7 does away with all 002 errors. I've added NG as a channel - luvvly jubbly. =]

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stylishjm said:
Softmodded my wii quite a while ago by guessing and it actaully worked (sort of). Got preloader installed, everything works fine on the homebrew side but when I try using the original system menu it tells me the system files are corrupt.. No problem for me really apart from the fact that I have no free blocks for savegames left but cannot access the data manager to remove any old ones, are there programs i can run from the homebrew channel to delete save games etc. Im not really looking to fix the system menu problem if it means having to guess my way back into having a working loader for my backups. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.
if you want your menu back all you have to do is download your correct system menu wad with NUSD and install it with wad manager

Supergluey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I kinda left the whole WII hacking scene for a while lately. I now want to get back in to the scene again, then I see updating to 4.2U, this and that, and am totally confused. So therefore I just want to ask one thing. Do i Have to update ? This is what my Wii has:

4.0U firmware on a NTSC-U Wii ( bought aroudn the time when the original wii came out )
Homebrew Channel
Preloader 0.28
BootMii as Boot2
Neogamma r6? and some other Backup Disc loader
I forgot the name but that proram that u use to install like wiiware games.etc

if I remembered correctly, I can run backup games but had problems with some original Disc ( could be the hardware and not the software) but will the new firmware fix that? Plus I wanted to ask if i have to update my backup disc loaders, or are there special methods/procedures for specific games? (Like in wii sports resort, we gotta have some dlc file or something to skip the motionplus movie.etc )

Thanks for the update, i need to refresh myself in this.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Supergluey said:
Hi! I kinda left the whole WII hacking scene for a while lately. I now want to get back in to the scene again, then I see updating to 4.2U, this and that, and am totally confused. So therefore I just want to ask one thing. Do i Have to update ? This is what my Wii has:

4.0U firmware on a NTSC-U Wii ( bought aroudn the time when the original wii came out )
Homebrew Channel
Preloader 0.28
BootMii as Boot2
Neogamma r6? and some other Backup Disc loader
I forgot the name but that proram that u use to install like wiiware games.etc

if I remembered correctly, I can run backup games but had problems with some original Disc ( could be the hardware and not the software) but will the new firmware fix that? Plus I wanted to ask if i have to update my backup disc loaders, or are there special methods/procedures for specific games? (Like in wii sports resort, we gotta have some dlc file or something to skip the motionplus movie.etc )

Thanks for the update, i need to refresh myself in this.
for updating to 4.2 use zektors 4.2 updater (make sure to make a nand before you do this just incase)
and i dont really do disc backups but im guessing that it would be the same for discs to use a different method if USB games need a different method
and updating your loaders is up to you though most people update though because of new features bug fixes etc.

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My Wii was on 4.1U(softmodded w/ hbc, bootmii(boot2))
My Wii is now on 4.2U(updated by big N)
Used modify any wii 4.2 and below: Simplistic Mod by xzero

Question:
I used the guide above, and everything worked. Every time I click Wii Menu in a channel(ex: internet channel), it takes me to the warning safety rules, press a to continue. Is this normal?

P.S: I have preloader 0.30, hbc, bootmii(boot2), and IOS 70, 202, 222, 223, 249, 250 patched, i think.(if that helps)
P.S.S: It doesn't do any harm, but I'm just curious
happy.gif

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all , just like the posts above i have also been away from the wii scene for a while due to buying a ps3slim!

Anyway i want to update my system from 3.2e / starfall / rev14 to 4.2e .... whats the quickest way?

[aul

zzhou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a Pal Wii. I installed Waninkoko system menu updater and main menu now shows 4.0E as its version. Some games still require firmware update even though they are older then 4.0. I installed update from Pikmin2 Pal and that solved problem with Pal games.

NTSC games (Klonoa) still require the update. Is it safe to install update from NTSC-U game if it is older then 4.0? I assume it will only install the IOSes it needs and the system menu will stay 4.0E.

Is there some wiki page that lists IOSes needed for particular game? Is there some wiki that list the system menu version requirement for some game

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
paul3100 said:
Hi all , just like the posts above i have also been away from the wii scene for a while due to buying a ps3slim!

Anyway i want to update my system from 3.2e / starfall / rev14 to 4.2e .... whats the quickest way?

[aul

Update through "big N"... Then, follow this guide.

QUOTE(zzhou @ Nov 9 2009, 04:49 PM) I have a Pal Wii. I installed Waninkoko system menu updater and main menu now shows 4.0E as its version. Some games still require firmware update even though they are older then 4.0. I installed update from Pikmin2 Pal and that solved problem with Pal games.

NTSC games (Klonoa) still require the update. Is it safe to install update from NTSC-U game if it is older then 4.0? I assume it will only install the IOSes it needs and the system menu will stay 4.0E.

Is there some wiki page that lists IOSes needed for particular game? Is there some wiki that list the system menu version requirement for some game

Load it with GeckoOS. If you don't have the IOS (yep, just one) it needs to be executed, a prompt message will appear, asking if you wanna install it. That's the best way to mess with an update of a game of another region. Also, update to 4.1 through WAD's. It's the same thing as 4.0, just that it has a bugfix. BTW, the latest games use the IOS 37, 38, 53, 55 and 56.

NoFate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

i am new to this

i have a wii with 3.4 with a wiikey v2 , i recently installed cios 249 rev 14...

but now i see everywhere about cios53?? is this a new version? do i need this for like the new mario bros?

sorry , but i am new to all this?

or do i need to stay with the current version? whats the difference?

for example , mario bros works with neogamma , but not from the disc channel...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?